Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

New Dawn for Sanaag and the rest of Puntland

5305.jpg

New Dawn for Sanaag and the rest of Puntland

Ismail Adan Mohamed Adan

August 18, 2008

Every now and then as it happens, a state or any system of governance encounters an individual whose quality of leaderships can provide what the region of Sanaag and rest of Puntland needs: conflict resolution skills, Military expertise, social responsibility, transparency, accountability and reviving the fragile economy by pledging to transform it into a modern sustainable, free market-oriented economy.

Puntlanders have experienced the destruction of internal wars, mismanagement, corruption, nepotism, and the cumulative effect of failed leadership on their communities and the nation as a whole. It is time for them to support the candidacy of Gen. Abdullahi Ahmed Jama to be the next president of Puntland State of Somalia, whose platform is to build his administration collectively from the grass roots level by empowering the civil societies, women, young and the elderly.

Examples are rather precious and relatively few to match his strategy to solve the numerous problems, challenges that Sanaag and the rest of Puntland face; his plan is based on four major areas:

Firstly, to improve the security of the region and normalize relations within the stakeholders, law and order will return, which will then enable the NGOs and UN agencies to support the local population who are struggling to make ends meet or improve their livelihoods in a recovering part of a lawless Somalia. The hyper inflation and a string of kidnappings and piracy have complicated that recovery status.

Secondly, by reviving the local economy, the candidate has proposed to create more jobs for the large unemployed youth by undertaking in labor-intensive projects --- financed by the effective management and fair distribution of the tax funds and international aid. Investments in infrastructure such as roads, ports and electricity and encouraging the Diaspora to invest in industrial projects and to improve the agricultural sector of the state will be his other priorities .

Another goal is to introduce policies that will support the destitute, the vulnerable and the IDPs, the handicaps and the elderly who might not have somebody to support them.

Fourthly, the candidate emphasizes in his platform the right use of public funds and the optimal use of Puntland's natural resources. Corruption has been the cornerstone of Puntland's failure. Misuse and mismanagements of the state taxes led the public to withdraw their trust of the administration. And if not taken a different course of action, it will undermine the existence of the state.

The credentials and education of the General Abdullahi Jama Ahmed are many. He studied from a prestigious military academy in Odessa Ukraine in 1973 and obtained his first degree in Military science. He later went to Egypt for his higher education and received a Master in Military Science in 1983. And he went on to study in the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, a prestigious college where the top American military leaders are trained. Diploma in strategy and decision making was awarded. The eagerness to learn to acquaint new knowledge did not stop there. He further studied and received a degree in accounting and CPA from Bryan & Stratton College at Rochester NY from 2000-04. He held many important positions in the Somali national army until he reached the highest ranking General in 1986.

Gen.Abudallahi is the right candidate to be the next president of the State of Puntland. He left his comfort and family in the US to return to Puntland with less amenities and luxury so he could help build a prosperous, peaceful and stable Puntland.

He needs the support of Puntland Diaspora, particularly those who believe in a new direction and the desire to make Puntland a better place for all Puntlanders. Putlanders are already showing acceptance of this new direction, a change for the better and I hope the momentum will carry on to be a success story for the sake of our existence and tomorrow's children. Let me say thank you to Gen Abdullahi, for his wise decision to bring a change and prosperity to Puntland. Let us wish him good luck for his endeavors and the future of Puntland.

^^^Adeer I sense you are a young man full of energy, use it to help your nation and stop the nonsnece. Stop being subjective, Cade, yusuf will be gone, work to better your people.

Che, you intentions are less than stellar to say the least. But I must agree with you that fundraising on behalf of Gen. Abdullahi isn't a bad idea. However, I think the General's integrity will more valuable to the parliamentarians than all the money in the world Cade might give em.

Puntland needs CHANGE, and come election time, CHANGE is what we will have.

Hopefully Gen. Abdullahi will win, insha Allah.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Are you ok?..I'm actually supporting the guy. Between him and Cadde Uusay, I think he's better fit. Nurudin might be good choice too.

LoL@uuseey. I think Gen. Ilko-Jiir and Nuradin ticket will be perfect. If not these duo then Saleban and Farjac. Uuseey has no place in the future of Puntland. He messed up quite enough and people are really fed up with the old man and his cronies.