Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Forcible disarmament to follow the predictable and utter failure of voluntary drive

Duufaan

There is no guarantee at all that they Ethiopian troops will protect you. Before you disarm you have to come up with a solution, to how to disarm and who will be disarmed. The warlord government wants to go to every house and take away the only protection they have, that doesn’t make sense to me and it would make any sense to those living in Mogadishu.

Why disarm, just enforce a law which makes carrying guns in public illegal. And eventually slowly, but surely the guns will disappear. If the people feel safe then they will probably throw away their guns, but it is clear that they don’t feel safe, since all of them are clutching to their guns. Some warlord government their people don’t even trust them, hell I don’t blame them.

Duufaan   

we are not talking about majority of people in moqdisho. Majority of moqdisho people do not have voice, do not even belong same clans as moqdisho warlods. these poeple have been the real victum in the south. with experience of last 16 years, I do not think voluntry disarming works. the nature of somalis, they take all the time they need and try every possible to get a way with win. But when you close all the doors they give up without much resist.

You want the warlords to disarm the people they terrorized?

What part of there is no assurance that the Ethiopians will protect the people of Mogadishu don’t you understand.

Disarming the population won’t solve anything, and will only create more mistrust between the people and the TFW.

And if we are talking about the majority of the people in Mogadishu, who you assume have no voice and are the victims, then what is the point of disarming if the majority are mere victims who are abused rather than the abusers :confused:

^^

When i state that i am from "Between Hell and Heaven" it means that i am from earth, genius. :D

Commonly humans believe that hell is beneath us and heaven is above us

It is you who is confused and wants to justify an illegal occupation against my people…. gobbledygook icon_razz.gif

Guns are not the problem, people are.

Guns protect us against those that want to impinge on our inalienable rights.

Guns allowed us to gain our freedom from years of stultifying oppression under S. Barre. Prior to picking up guns, we Somalis were practically slaves. When our properties were illegally usurped, we watched on powerless to do a damn. When our brothers and sisters were victims of repeated goverment brutality and sadistic violence, we watched on powerless to do a damn. When we peacefully protested and issued complaints, we were gunned down, gagged and exiled. With every avenue to seek redress closed down to us we were left to resort to guns. History shows we were right. Keep arms and forever remain mistrustful of governments that claim to represent your interests. What a malarky! NOt in our lifetime will any goverment be trully trusted. Certainly not this government. Why give up the one thing that gaurantees and protects our hard earned freedom?

To keep at bay power hungry egomaniacs, we need our guns.

History makes it imperative that we arm every SOmali above the age of 2 with automatic rifle (AK-47). For without your gun you are slave in Somalia. Every Somali's motto should be: From my cold, dead hands!

Reality in Somalia shows guns are not impediment to Law and Order. Where there are semblance of Law and Order, like in the North, guns are aplenty. Go to a typical house in Hergeysa and you'll probably see a gun lying around. When justice fails, as it does often, differences are sorted out via the gun. And rightly so. Your gun is the last stand against injustice and evil. It would be the height of folly to get rid of it.

Unarguably guns are not the problem. Somalia's perennial thorn in the side is socio-economic challenges, which continue to present formidable obstacles. Given this it seems quite puzzling why a government that still hasn't got it's feet wet would take on a non-existent issue. But then agan, we're dealing with illegitimate government that has neither the wherewithal nor the inclination to tackle serious issues. For the TFG, this all a game of burning the bridge behind them so as no one can come after them.

force disarmament u wanna do, while every person have their weapons! that dont work.

i gave away my piece in la when the police offered 50 bucks if you turn your weapon! thats cool. a carrot before the stick! if u will.

what a dumb-azz leaders! may be they should offer pple a reward for turning their weapons! but hey they aint famous for the thinking part!

they wanna have the weapons for free!! greedy morans!!

Originally posted by Brown:

LOL,so Captain the IUC got rid of Mooriyans right? Took them off the streets and made them responsible members of society.

In less than six months?Who are u kidding?change doesn't occur over night,unless ofcourse they had their share in it.The Qabiil thing!To blindly follow is one thing,but to blindly advocate for,is another thing.Do u agree?I think u do.Wake up.

The Qabiil thing!To blindly follow is one thing,but to blindly advocate for,is another thing.Do u agree?I think u do.Wake up.

Huh? :confused: Can you write that in english Captain?