chubacka

Today I....

Reeyo   

^ I am curious, prey tell why you refer to each other as 'ayeeyo'?- Aaliyyah is it a respect thing he bestows on you? :)

Wadani   

Reeyo;912752 wrote:
^ I am curious, prey tell why you refer to each other as 'ayeeyo'?- Aaliyyah is it a respect thing he bestows on you?
:)

His grandmother is a khaatumite. I have punlanders calling me ayooyo and ayeeyo too, cuz my dads mom was a puntite lol.

Wadani   

Since Aaliyah and Oba's grandmother are ilmaadeero because they r both khaatumites (euphemism for certain clan), this makes Aaliyah Oba's grandmother in a tribal sense.

Wadani   

lool, ok let's try again. In the Somali culture the siblings and cousins of ur grandparents are also considered to be ur grandparents. Also in the Somali culture u can consider someone of the same clan as you to be a cousin. So since Aaliyah and Oba's grandmother hail from the same clan they r cousins. This means Aaliyah can also be considered Oba's grandmother in a ceremonial tribal sense, as opposed to through close blood relations.

Reeyo   

oba hiloowlow;912781 wrote:
LOOL reeyo eedo last time you refused to be called a fish n chips teen im dissapointed at you.

Oh damnit! Haha.

Oba; I only defense is that I've never heard of it. Lakin blese don't call me 'fish and chips' :(

Aaliyyah   

Reeyo it is not that complicated you will get the hang of it. If someone's mom is for example from boorame she will call all reer awdal abti or habaryar. It is basically to respect the relation. Marka Oba waa my grandson..Lol