chubacka

Today I....

^LoL!

Zenobia, soooo glad to hear that. Well done. Next time we won't have to wait 50 years for a Dubai cab then negotiate in broken Urdu. smile.gif I had an extraordinary day, praise the Lord.

Haneefah   

My chinese roommate asked me if she looked any slimmer since she had been dieting, and I said yes even though she didn't look any different. :( . She's young and self-conscious, I had to make her feel better. May Allah forgive me.

Zenobia, it's about time dear. :cool:

Pacifist, salaamaat sweetie.

Blessed   

Dahia

LOL. Iskadaa ha riyoodee. So, have you started thinking about baby names...? :D

Ngonge

LOL. I fear the snakes behind the wheel more. I saw one of these at the DFS last year, I think my phobia is cured. :D

Cadaan

;) ..right back at ya, dumaashi. :D

Lily, Val, KK, Sheherzade, Haneefah

Thanks, girls. I need some Urdu phrases from you @ Sheherezade, and I’m glad we didn’t put you off a second visit. smile.gif

Anytime @ KK, I’m taking you to the great outdoors, though. Waad u baahantahay, inaad cagohaagu boodh taabsiisid. icon_razz.gif

I hope you get well soon @ Pacifist.

Today, I…

Got a kick up the backside (email) from my online course coordinator. I thought, flexible, meant markaad doontid. I need to get a new Somali - English dictionary.

Here we go....

chubacka   

haha flexible...u sound v. laid back my luv.

Today I...wot did I do today? cnt even rem. but I really cnt believe its friday already, sometimes how fast time goes is quite scary. Mayb i am jst gettin old :(

Malika   

Originally posted by Zenobia:

Dahia

LOL. Iskadaa ha riyoodee. So, have you started thinking about baby names...?
:D

^Lol,after babysitting couple of under five's over the weekend,has definetly put me off! forget about names,the whole idea is out the window. :D

Ismahaan   

Today I was more productive than usual; first, I woke up 2 hours before I had to reach the practical at 8:30 am so I woke up 6:30 am. Secondly, I realized I had to walk faster than usual because it takes at least 10 mins to walk to school from the buss stop ooh man I hate the 10 mins walking, especially when I have lab :(

Third, I increased my speed even more because it came to my mind that I have to pass through many corridors, changing cloths, entering PIN codes after swiping the access pas along way just to reach the ****** lab :( .

Fourth, I ended up finishing my experiment earlier than any one else in there accept one genius guy on our class, ooh yeah he is genius but weirdoooo :( .

Fifth, the moral of the story is, when you're running late, slow down your pace.

Anyways guys today w really a tiring day, having to spend the whole 8:30 am - 5:00 pm in the lab… :mad:

today,i cooked a new recipe! i like meat..but when i eat meat, it must be tasty. i dont care for baris and pasto that much, may be once in a blue moon when i need calories.

so here how its done (a friend passed to me)

get fillet mangion, cut it in small pieces and boiled in water till the water vaporizes.

then cut garlic into small pieces like say about 7. cut red onions in long shape. and tomatoes in triangle way.

pour some extra virgin olive oil, put the garlic and onion, lil salt and finally the tomatoes.

hmmm ce si bon!

Ismahaan   

Yami yami sound delicious.. I can’t cook unless the food comes in a nice cardboard box, with clear instructions (e.g. pre-heat the oven to CZT; leave in for 5 mins etc). Wait wait guys I am not so bad I can cook delicious pizza, Swedish meatballs and also some chocolate cakes such as Brownies Scandinavian mmm love it. But i cannot make real somali food.I really miss my sisters awesome food, one of my favorite is her home-made spaghetti sauce and Somali rice chicken. Nomads I need more simple recipes please. I will try Rudy’s one today… . I need to figure out what I'm going to eat tomorrow … redface.gif

winnie   

today i talked ot my pops, found out my sis is coming to visit, and wasted time on msn, and read a page of my greek mythology text book.

Pucca   

today i thought to murder my brother who has a thing for throwing things into the toilet...my shoes included.

aint no harm in thinking it.

Ameen   

Today I reached the peak of my frustration with my roommate. Time after time I pick up after him and I just realized, I need to let homeboy know that I aint his wife and he aint a small child...

But other than that...I love him for the sake of Allah.