Xaaji Xunjuf

Ilhaan omar removed from the Foreing affairs Committee

It just happend she now a regular congresswoman  , nothing is for ever. Is it true though that she married her own brother or is it just rightwing slander to be honest i have a feeling there is a element of truth to it

No body removed her. The one who wants to be the new speaker isn't even guaranteed to get the speakership. Committee members can only be removed by all members of the House, which did not happen yet.

And adigoo Soomaali ah ayaa la soo shirtageysaa walaalkeeda ayee guursatay, slandering our sister by quoting the sick GQP far right extremists. War isku xishoow. 

Tallaabo   
18 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

It just happend she now a regular congresswoman  , nothing is for ever. Is it true though that she married her own brother or is it just rightwing slander to be honest i have a feeling there is a element of truth to it

It is not befitting of a Muslim to slander another fellow Muslim, so you owe Ilhaan an apology. 

Walaalkeed ee guursatay ku lahaa! Xagee jirta the last 30 yrs or so, Somali wax walbaa layn la iskugu xareynaya (most people). Sidee baadan u fahan saneyn farsamada? It's like the common Somali birthday 01.01

On 11/26/2022 at 2:07 AM, Tallaabo said:

It is not befitting of a Muslim to slander another fellow Muslim, so you owe Ilhaan an apology. 

LOL the whole Somali nation will be apologizing to each other for eternity if we treated each other as Muslims.  You are asking too much of maryooley.

Xaaji,

Political fortunes change. Nothing unusual here.

Ilhan Omar’s removal from panel was ‘stupidest vote’, says Republican – report 

Discomfort at the House Republican majority voting to remove Minnesota congresswoman Ilhan Omar from the powerful foreign affairs committee is bipartisan – but also deeper than first impressions suggest, according to a new report.

Following the highly controversial move on Thursday, Ken Buck, a committee member and Republican congressman from Colorado, was heard calling the action the “stupidest vote in the world”, congressional newspaper Roll Call reported.

He was speaking in an elevator on Capitol Hill, accompanied by Idaho Republican Mike Simpson, who reportedly agreed with Buck’s assessment and also indicated that the ousting might be counterproductive for the GOP as it made Omar a “martyr”, the outlet continued, adding that the two representatives then asked others in the elevator not to relay their remarks to House Republican leadership.

Meanwhile, on the floor of the House, New York congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, literally bouncing on her feet with rage, accused the GOP leadership of having no greater motive than “targeting women of color in the United States”.

Ocasio-Cortez and Omar are two of the progressive Democratic group in the House known as the Squad.

“There is nothing consistent with the Republican party’s continued attack, except for the racism and incitement of violence against women of color in this body. This is about targeting women of color in the United States of America,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a fiery speech in the House.

Squad member and Missouri congresswoman Cori Bush called the action to kick Omar, who is a Muslim, off the key committee, offensive.

“Republicans are waging a blatantly Islamophobic and racist attack against Congresswoman Omar. I have said it before, I will say it again: The white supremacy happening is unbelievable. This is despicable,” Bush said.

The House voted along party lines to oust Omar although Ohio Republican David Joyce appeared to signal unease with the decision by voting simply present, rather than in favor.

Omar struck a defiant note in a speech shortly before the votes were counted, accusing Republicans of trying to silence her because she is a Muslim immigrant, and promising to continue speaking out.

“Is anyone surprised that I am being targeted? Is anyone surprised that I am somehow deemed unworthy to speak about American foreign policy? Or that they see me as a powerful voice that needs to be silenced? Frankly, it is expected because when you push power, power pushes back,” Omar said, adding: “My leadership and voice will not be diminished.”

- The Guardian

• Like 1