Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Will Edna Ismail make a good president?

A women can't be head of state period!!! You don't see it happening in the United States nor any european country it sure won't happen in Somalia.

There are enought smart men around. It's against our beloved Islam to ha

Why don't you see a women leading a preyer?

roobleh   

An article in the New York Times says that "Edna Adan Ismail, who operates the Edna Adan Maternity Hospital...,deserve the Nobel Peace Prize for showing the world how to turn the tide of maternal mortality and morbidity" (Kristof, New York Times, 2/25).

She truly deserves the Nobel Peace Prize in 2008. Edna will make all Africans broad. She will be the second African woman after Wangari Maathia if she wins.

RedSea   

Adna Adan Ismail is very great person and has done alot for our people, we thank her for her service and may Allah reward her in folds.

However, I don't think she would be able to lead Somaliland during these harsh times and in this continent of Africa. For the sake of her family and herself, it's not suitable position for her. Too much headache.

As said, Edna is a great lady with millions of ambitions ,,,, but she can't be a president at all ,,, she was hardy a Minister and couldn't do her job properly ,,,,, i wouldn't say her to be a president ,,,,,, she can be a community activist ,,,,,,,

^^^, is that your hateful gut talking or what?

Edna can make a good president if she puts her mind to it, but she has so much going for her outside of politics. It all depends on the individual, and with her being known to be a woman of good character, a strong woman at that, maybe she can still continue with her cause and run the country and serve her people.

Its just too bad that we don't have men who can be in the same league as this woman, shame on you...

PS:Edna helped my mom deliver her 1st born.

RedSea   

Madax xanuunka siyaasa miyaada Adna Adan rabtaba. hadii xataa la odhan lahaa isu sharax ilama aha in ay yeeli lahayd.

How many of ya'l did Edna bring into this world :eek:

I got mad respect for the lady. Building that maternity hospitol in Hargeisa all by herself was incredible!

AYOUB   

^^ Classy lady. May Allah reward her good work and forgive her mistakes. Amiin.

Originally posted by rudy:

i was banned from that meeting!

*I wonder why* :D:D:D

merap63np.jpg

roobleh   

I think in the middle of this year we need to start awareness and start to campaign for Edna for the Noble Peace Prize. I think the deadline for submitting nominations for the 2008 is february next year. Someone correct me if wrong about the date.

by the sounds of it she would a stand a good chance of winning a nobel peace price for all the work she has done for women in somaliland.

I dont see her becoming a president though. Somaliland politics is in a volatile situation and i dont think she has the experience to cope with it