Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

Kismayo: Qarax kadhacay - Is this a Prematured assassination attempt

Jacpher   

Xiinoow, I'm starting to think Abaadir actually believes in those number though he failed to back them up with some sort of convincing explanation. He likes to repeat them often times in hopes of others taking them as facts.

Here's what he wrote on another thread not too long ago.

Originally posted Abaadir:

If I tell you Kismayo's real history and your reer adeer is not part of it, will you accept it? Truth of the matter is though, as of today
95%
inhabitants in Kismaayo are
not
from Puntland. Kismaayo is bigger in size and more populated compare to before 1991. a lot of us invested that city with our hard earned dollars (including me) I built all those houses so me and my kids will some day live there. I want see real political solution in that neck of the wood.

you see, I though its people from Puntland that want everyone else out from kismaayo not other way around. eveyone is important and have the right to live in Kismaayo with piece and dignity.

Interestingly enough the number drops to low 70% now. :D

Why do you two have problem with that number?

Waraa Jimcaale.....Could you be tempted to not hit the reply button for a Kismayo thread atleast for once?

Not that I am interested in Kismayo squabbles

That's classic Xiin.

^^^Because it’s quite a assertion…it’s very hard to come up a number in any Somali city! I understand what Abaadir is getting at. He probably meant to say reer Gedo aren’t what they used to be population wise in Kismayo---and that’s a legitimate claim. But one needs not to hype and throw around hard-to-prove stats to make a point…

Jimcaale, perhaps you’ve observed a trend there!

ps.. would you please tell good Che that you are the son of the jewel itself :D .

pps:

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

That's classic Xiin.

^^Haddaadan is yeel-yeelayn waxaa qoroo dhan ban classic ah adeer :D

Abaadir   

Jimcalle/Xiin.

regardless the percentage, the fact remains that the majority of that city today hails from Gedo. and about the size of the city.. I have been in Kismaayo couple times before and after the civil war, the city has grown in size and poulation in last 10 yrs. The reason why mayor and govrnership post did not go reer Gedo is because we have stabborn and unrealistic 1960-mentality-minded president.

Waxaan kaloo la yaabay, Markii kismaayo la soo qaado, wiilashiinaan reer bariga ah maxaad isu soo daba orodaan?

Xiin...Maxaa Kaa galey....LooooooooL

Mida kale waaba yabanay meesha maxaa lushaagay?

wiilashiinaan reer bariga ah maxaad isu soo daba orodaan

Abaadir..One could ask the same question?

Gabbal   

Soomaali maanta isma tiraahdo halkee ku dhalatay balse halkee ayuu aabahaa ku dashay.

Jimcaale, the good wadaads of the ICU gave the mayor of the city, the police, and the airport commissioner to one group. Why would they have done that if they were not the majority?

p.s. Also, keep in mind that it was the militias and the opportunists within the ICU people were against and not the call of Islam or the righteousness of various wadaads in the said entity.

The reason why mayor and govrnership post did not go reer Gedo is because we have stabborn and unrealistic 1960-mentality-minded president.

A most excellent response.

Originally posted by Abaadir:

sheegi mahayo. Kismaayo maxaa ku geeyey in aad dhahdaan ka baqayaa. LOL

^^ :D:D @sheegi maayo.

OK. You see magaaladda runtii muddo horaa iigu danbaysay Abaadirow. Laakiin markaan soo noqdo wallee war baa ku haystaa :D ! Intaad hadda kasoo orodo Xagar-sarara-weyn :D baad rabtaa adoo xuurtaysan oon weli nasan inaad cariishkayga meesha ka riixato...

On a serious note, I think Barre’s remnants and the old man’s junior lieutenants will be restrained by the traditional Waamo culture...but it will sadly take time!

In the meantime let everyone who can invest in Kismayo’s real state. I am sure when peace arrives it will appreciate and grow in value in many folds, and people will find no difficult living side by side in peace with dignity...

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I am sure when peace arrives it will appreciate and grow in value in many folds, and people will find no difficult living side by side in peace with dignity...

Inshallah.

Castro   

^^^^ All of us will have died of old age. Xiinow, can you tell my pessimism has reached an all time high? :(

^^Castro, I would sadly say yes…and it’s not without a cause. While some folks celebrate for the short-term tfg successes, I can’t help but wonder how deeper our conflict has gotten. Our sovereignty has been brutally invaded…waa wado halaaq mareen adeer; we are no longer virgins as it were and our innocence is now broken. If tanks were led to the capital, they sure can be led to Hargeysa and Boosaaso….

Jacpher   

Che, Kissima? That’s a no no! Not a problem there with any numbers out there as long as it gets represents just that, numbers out of the pocket.

Xiinoow, dadkeena waad taqaanoo xataa hadaad teesaro-minosheebiyo la timaado xabad-keen bey ku moodayaan. Baashow teesarahaaga la kaalay hadaad rabtid warkaaga inuu gadmo.

Abaadiroow, ina-adeer mindhaa fact-ga beynaan isla garan. Sixties mindset waan kugu raacsanahayee bal adigana ogolow fact-ga aad ka hadleysid sixty-yada ma jirin. :D

Horn, The men of ICU got lots of things wrong. I’m sure it didn’t sit well with you when they appointed a drug lord their security chief. Perhaps they didn’t want to alienate their good brothers of Gedo who happened to have been the ruling party at the time. Perhaps, they were following that hadith; khiyaarukum fil-jaahiliyati…..…idaa fahuquu. My guess is as good as your buddy but it’s only a guess. I welcomed them and accepted whatever they brought so long they brought peace and commonsense back to the city. Whatever they messed could have been corrected at a later time.

Kulanti dambe...

Dhubad.   

Waa in loo qori tuuraa qoladii xukumi lahayd Kismayo. Sidaa si kawanaagsan ma arko. Ama Qoloba sanad ha xukumto.

Abaadir   

Ma nimankaan baa ogol in qoloba mar xukunto... Kaligood bay rabaane. Madaxweynihii sadexaad bay rabaan in Koonfurta ka hirgaliyaan. I am sure you guys know who i am talking about. (puntlanders)