Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

Kismayo: Qarax kadhacay - Is this a Prematured assassination attempt

Emperor   

Allamagan: That shows clearly hte last time you call the city was Morgan heydays

Since you suggest that Kismayo has changed since Morgan left, now that said clearly Morgan left and Hiiraale's JVA took over the city in mid 1999, that is just a mare 7 years since Tukri took over last year and now this change of hand, thus please let us know what has changed and estimate the number of houses built by reer Gedo. How has the city (I mean the core and hubb streets of the city - Magalada gudaheeda iyo halbowlaha) expanded? If at all, you suggest that there was an new area or neighbourhoods built and added to the city, let us know where?

Those are very Simple questions Allamagan, chip in and feed us all - the stage is yours...

^^^ sxb, dont ask me that you better ask your relative or anyone in Kismayo. Reer Gedo bought and ownes considerable amounts of properties and ownes more houses than any other clan in Kismayo thus the majority of residents in Kismayo is Reer Gedo.

Baashi   

lol that could be the case but no one is asking them to vacate the properties they amazed through legal means or am I missing something here.

Allamagan awoowe read my comments again. The folks, majority of them, who are staying in public and government properties are from one sub-clan. The folks who took arms in their defence are from one sub-clan. The other sub-clans are not objecting to TFG's plans to evict the refugees in public places. Care to elaborate why that is the case?

True. There are many clans most of them from the known tribe in the area who have settled in Kismayo after they have been chased out from their Benadir homes. Obviously Pubtlanders are no exception.

As to who came when that I don't know. What I know is that Kismayo didn't come into existence during the civil war. The city expanded and demographics changed a bit but assets, districts, villages, real estates, businesses belongs to people whoever they may ne who lived there prior the civil war NO? All objective, nuetral, and informed people know what clan the majority of these folks belong to. Kismayo is not different from Berbera, Baidowa, Boorame, Beledweyne, or Mogadishu.

In any event, the most important thing is not to destablize the city now. This issue is manageable one. TFG should not rush to evicting folks there by force. The militia from Gedo should be confident enough to do what all other sub-clans have done and accept the gardual return of public and government properties to the TFG hands unless they consider TFG as an illigitimate entity.

PS: Allamagan yaaci has its roots to yaac like is-grab-yaac like reer dudaaye gang in Madino, Benadir in early eighties. Now is dhex yaac kuma haboona this forum. Libaax owns the forum and he's trying to make it respectable forum where ideas, opinions, and issues are debated. You and horn are tackling my online personality...it doesn't bother me a bit...I'm just telling Libaax that his effort are in vain since he can't change dunta Somalida ka sametsan tahay regardless how hard he tries.

Be fair now awoowe of all the nomads who post opinions in this forum I'm the last one who object post that has substance that I can get mu hands around...

Baashi, first let me tell you that reer Gedo is reer Gedo and they stand together (undivided) on this issue. This is not vacating properties as you put it that way but it is a desprate attempt from PL side to elianate and illuminate Reer Gedo from any political "say" process in this region. BTW you cant evict people out when you yurself are guilty of nepotism and curruption.

PS: Allamagan yaaci has its roots to yaac like is-grab-yaac like reer dudaaye gang in Madino, Benadir in early eighties. Now is dhex yaac kuma haboona this forum. Libaax owns the forum and he's trying to make it respectable forum where ideas, opinions, and issues are debated. You and horn are tackling my online personality...it doesn't bother me a bit...I'm just telling Libaax that his effort are in vain since he can't change dunta Somalida ka sametsan tahay regardless how hard he tries.

Stop being sarcastic adeer. So now that you changed the tone, explain to me how I became a "yaac" in this regard when I challenged your reer Gedo comments. Baashi, re-read what you posted in and to my response to that. I'll be thanksfully and send my apology if you point me when I attacked your personality tho

Baashi   

Allamagan don't go in circles awoowe! One-sub clan has objected to vacate government properties and their militia are ready to die for that stand. Why? You are not forthcoming on this one eh!

My appologies Allamagan. You didn't deserve that term. That was slip from my part. Clearly there's one who fits the description lol. Horn awoowe bal ii sheeg hadaan gafay aan ka noqdee *smiling*

Gabbal   

Baashi-

Abdullahi Yusufka ku sheekeeyo reer Puntlandow waxay ugu yaraataba Kismaayo un yaan gacantiina gelin yaad haatan lasoo shirtagtay reer hebel baa xaaraan meel ku degan iyo reer hebel baa xaaraan dhawranaysa?

Massala weeyaan kuwaa gacmaha nadiifsanayo inay siday qalbiga mugdi ka yihiin!

True, recently the Governor of the region proposed a "hanti soo celin" committee and announced he will evict inhabitants of government properties, buut this was weeks prior to the events that expulled Afgaduud and it was a problem within the regional administration. You see, even though you maybe unabashedly dishonest about the root cause of the present problem, why do you not at least give the whole insight as to why the governor's actions led to a regional administrative breakdown or that it was his vice governor that spoke against him then anyone else? Did the governor not name that committee without the consultation of anyone but his own sub-beel, did he not fill the positions of that committee with his own sub-beel to amazement and complete surprise of his own deputy?

Even so, the vice-governor's objection of that was not based on allowing a continuing inhabitation of government properties but about what constitutes a system of governance in that area. On the other hand you cannot claim to be wearing a government shirt and at the same time dabbling in apparent clannism.

Sheekadaad ka hadlaysid taa weeye adeer, mawaadan haatan sheegeyn inuu Afgaduud duulaan kusoo qaaday hotelka Meridian (Cascasey), mawaadan sheegeyn inuu duulaan kusoo qaaday hotelka Tawakal, iyo xaruma kale ee beelaha ku abtirsad Gedo ay leeyihiin?

Hadaadan sheegeyn intaa adeer meesha waxba kuma hayside bal arrinta faraha kala dhaqo!

P.s. Kismaaya laftigeeda iyo mushtamaca nolosheeda sida deegaanka, ganacsiga, iwm way macno la'aan adeer saa isku garaad tani kama nihinba, orad un meesha soo indha-indhay deetan soo yara laabo.

Kismayo,Kismayo, Kismayo! Ismaandhaaf. Kibir. Han been ah. Tar-tan qabiil. Intaas baa isku biirsatay. Bal si dheh!

Ina Keenadiid diagnosed some of Somalia's political ills long time ago:

Laandheere gob ahaan jiroo gocoshadeed hayso

Iyo kii ka gaabnaan jiroo maanta garab jooga

Gedda kaasi yahay baa kan kale gaar isleeyahay'e

Labadaa garaad ee gudboon yaw garnaqi doona :D ?

Baashi   

Yaw garnaqi doona?...awoowe warkuba waa intaa soo ma'aha!

Good for you Horn. Finally you started addressing the issues at hand instead of attacking characters posting opinions. Still there is room for improvement. Will deal facts later but for now lets use reason.

The heart of the issue seems to be that the governor along the TFG he represents wants the government premisess vacated. You are not contesting the fact that those who occupy the premises and the personalities and the militia they command who oppose the plan hail from Gedo sub-clan.

You think or you seem to know the reason they reject it has to do with the fact that the sub-clan under discussion is not well represented in the appointed committee. That is a minor case to me and hardly a reason to risk the stability of the whole region!!!

Hang in there...we're making a progress here.

Now, do you agree that the schools, banks, governor's residence, the state house, and military garrisons should be vacated? If affirmative, when and how? If negative, why not?

Abaadir   

Xiin,

Sayidkiina muxuu yiri,

Alahayow farnji muxuu na.c.a.s fariideeyey,

Faaiido laawe iyo nin raga muxuu fayl iskugu geeyey

nimaan aabihiis fuuli jirin farax muxuu saaray,

Ninankaan 21ka sano saamaali hor boodayay, ninkale hortiisa in uu maro ma ogala.

Jacpher   

Raggu Kismaayo wuu ku xiiqay ee maad ka yara nasataan mar hadeydaan warka ila haleeleyn. Koley Alley qabtaa balse dhiigii lagu daadinayey mudada dheer dhibkiisa ma yara. Alloow masaakiinta ku dhex nool ka sama yeel.

Talow 4.5 formula hadii lagu maquuniyo xal miyuu u noqon magaalada balada isku heysata? Waxay ila tahay in Ina Jees iyo USC ay qeybtooda soo doonan doonaan maadaama murankii batay.

Abaadir   

Bashe posted:

The heart of the issue seems to be that the governor along the TFG he represents wants the government premisess vacated.

Baashe that is not the heart of the issue saaxiib. It is rather one group wants to have the sole authority of city Kismaayo (puntlanders). Kismaayo is three times biger in size compare to 1991. And 70% or more people live in Kismaayo today hail from Gedo. No group should be marginalized especially reer Gedo when you in the South. Reer Gedo are more then willing to vacate the government premises as they are the ones who will benefit the most when law and order is restored.

Anaa dunida kaligey leh baa koofil eersaday

Baashi   

^*Smiling* right!

Abaadir, if reer Gedo are willing to vacate the said premisses I don't see any reason they need to fight over that issue.

I thought they have already accepted the appointed political positions given to them. Is this latest event about power contest over control of the region (governorship, mayor or what not) or is it about bringing back the confiscated weapons and 2) vacating the government properties?

Originally posted by Abaadir:

....70% or more people live in Kismaayo today hail from Gedo...

Not that I am interested in Kismayo squabbles, but I couldn’t resist to ask you how did you come up with this demographic breakdown? Because that’s very hard to ignore in the clan oriented political calculus! And if that were true, they would have walked away with the mayoral and gubernatorial slots uncontested...

Also on the city growth. …your assertion runs contrary to what close relatives of mine report. The city has been stagnant and was afflicted with unceasing wars. Its entrepreneurial sprit died. Its wealthy sons banished and sent to exile by the civil war. It’s amazing how intelligent people like you present relatively small settlers from own clan as a vast expansion and growth for Kismayo. It reminds me how some folks in Xamar wanted to depict small gains in specific sectors like communication and schooling as an unseen development and economic seachange in Mogadishu…

Needlessly to say we constantly get flooded with similar boastings about other regions..

But Kismayo is particularly in ruins,and it would be quite a stretch for one to sugarcoat the harsh reality of its colossal destruction. Surely there are new settlers with a marked political ambition, but lets not present our civil war misfortunes (mass exodus, destruction of properties and farms…etc) as a progress.