Sign in to follow this  
2real

How would the world be?

2real   

I look back at history sometimes and just wonder....what would it be like if, since the beginning of time, women were the leaders. What life would we be living right now? What laws would we be governed by?

I think the world would've been a relatively better place......very behind in technology but a better place nevertheless lol! what do ya'll think?

2real, nice topic, but technology was not invented by Men, and Men only control the world because Women let them. I do think you're right, it would be a better place if Women ruled...but then again, it depends on who you are. There are Good Men and Evil Women-even though that's hard to believe...

~harmonyangel~

Originally posted by 2real:

I think the world would've been a relatively better place......very behind in technology but a better place nevertheless lol! what do ya'll think?

yr an idi0t.n/m

2real   

somalien: thanks. same to you.

Now can you list the technical breakthroughs and inventions women brought to humanity? It's ok, you can go ahead and use your brain now for a change.

Adna   

Salaama

My piont of view i thin if women would lead the world it would be worest then it's now because our prophet ( S C W ) said Qowmkii dumar u taliso halaak baa u sug naaday, xatiis ka lafdigiisa ma xasuusto but macnihiis was like this, any ways we know women brought humanity but they don't belong to lead the world ,, that is my 1/2 cent ,, peace and much love untill we meat again

Rachel Zimmerman was the inventor of Blissymbols

K.K. Gregory was the inventor of the wristie

Mary Anderson was the inventor of the wind shield wiper

Patricia Billings was the inventor of Geobond

Gertrude Belle Elion was the inventor of a leukemia fighting drug called 6-marcaptopurine

Bette Nesmith Graham was the inventor of mistake out

Marion Donovan was the inventor of the disposable diapers

Randi Altschul was the inventor of the disposable cell phone

Josephine Garis was the inventor of the first practical dish washer

and Dr. Marie Curie is known to the world as the inventor of radioactive metals i.e. Radium & Polonium.

now please stop talking out ov yr ass.n/m

2real   

Somealien

LOL!!!

Blissymbols

wristie

wind shield wiper

Geobond

mistake out

disposable diapers

disposable cell phone

What is this?? And I thought you were worth talking to!! If you're a girl then you're an insult to all women. I said " technical breakthroughs and inventions" and you're talking about "mistake out" and "wristie".

Never mind. It seems like such a waste of time trying to explain myself to you.

And by the way, radioactive metals i.e. Radium & Polonium are natural resources in Uranium just like salt from the sea or Oil……..they are not invented!!

I'm sorry but you're not exactly the sharpest knife in this drawer n/m!

Marie conducted research on radioactive substances.

She found that the uranium ore, or pitchblende, contained much more radioactivity than could be

explained solely by the uranium content.Curie than began a search for the source of the

radioactivity and discovered two highly radioactive elements, "radium" and "polonium."

' ' ' '

Curie won the 1903 Nobel prize for physics for the discovery. She shared the award with

another French physicist, Antoine Henri Bacquerel, who had discoverd natural radioactivity.

dissmissing her discoveries would be like dissmissing every scientific and technological breakthrough since the 1900s, and no, its NOTHING like salt from the sea or Oil.Although it was a poor choice o words on my part, dont be so stupid as to compare it to "discovering" salt.

wanT more?

Grace Hopper (1906-1992) was one of the first programmers to transform large digital computers

from oversized calculators into relatively intelligent machines capable of understanding "human"

instructions. Hopper developed a common language with which computers could communicate

called Common Business-Oriented Language or COBOL, now the most widely used computer

business language in the world

Ellen Ochoa’s pre-doctoral work at Stanford University in electrical engineering led to the

development of an optical system designed to detect imperfections in repeating patterns. This

invention, patented in 1987, can be used for quality control in the manufacturing of various intricate

parts. Dr. Ochoa later patented an optical system which can be used to robotically manufacture

goods or in robotic guiding systems. In all Ellen Ochoa has received three patents, most recently in

Mary Walton

The major scientific shortcoming of the Industrial Revolution that transformed the U.S. in the years

after the Civil War was, and still is, pollution. One of the pioneers in the fight against pollution,

especially in large cities, was the independent inventor Mary Walton.

As early as 1879, Walton developed a method for minimizing the environmental hazards of the

smoke that up until then was pouring unchecked from factories all over the country. Walton's

system (patent #221,880) deflected the emissions being produced into water tanks, where the

pollutants were retained and then flushed into the city sewage system.

well.....i agree with asraa...all though i didnt understand the somali quote.

women cannot rule, because they are moved and make opinion with thier emotions and not with their brains and reasoning.

i have jumped to conclusions so many times and made msitakes soo many times because of my emotions--when im imotional i dont think rationally---thats the nature of women.

how can they rule the world?

i mean...they get upset - ask for a divorce,,and the next day they 4get what the arguement was about<--we cant b put in charge of marriage so how can we rule the world?

women are imaginative and revengeful and if we were in charge of the world their would b war every day, i dont think we would have reached the first century.

LoL @ SILENT SISTA....WERE YOU ACTUALLY TRYING TO MAKE A VALID POINT? BECAUSE ALL I WAS ABLE TO READ WAS.......BLAH...BLAH....BLAH....BLAH.....BLAH...YOU REALLY MADE ME LAUGH, NOT ALOT OF PPL CAN ACHEIVE THAT. :rolleyes:

SIMPLE POSTS FOR THE SIMPLE MINDED....SIMPLE smile.gif

silent sista! i was reading your comment...and i went into a deep dream! as i kept reading your words

i found myself screaming Yes! Yes! that is my kinda of Women! i believe all the shiekhie dudes out here in the chat have a wide grin on their face!!lol...

sista! where did u get this crab from! r u in college? or high school!! i am going to start a thread called educating silent sista!! any volunteers! plz

Lady   
Originally posted by 2real:

[i think the world would've been a relatively better place......very behind in technology but a better place nevertheless lol! what do ya'll think? [/QB]

2real brotha/sis..why is that you think if women rules we would have been behind in Technology? why do you think women may lack the intres and education of Technology..even today? you think becouse we are not smart enough?..if you think that you think wrong...

Just read on this it may give you an Idea why women are behind Technology..I can gruantee you If women rulez this worl it would have been the Men that is lacking manythings ..lol

"As you are well aware, women historically have been under-represented in scientific and technical fields. We know that there are multiple reasons for this, one of the main ones being the cultural stereotypes and definitions of women and men, which, in the Western world, are grounded in the religious and political culture and have been institutionalized through our education and socialization over the centuries. Women have been given limited educational opportunities, have been restricted by law from many activities, and have been excluded from professional societies and publications until close to the end of last century. Over the past 100 years, these limitations have begun to be lifted and doors -- and minds -- have begun to open.

Today we are seeing far more participation by women in the technical fields. The percentage of women in engineering has increased by about 70 percent in the past ten years -- meaning women now represent about 15 percent of the total number of engineers in the U.S. Despite nearly 40 years of activism by the women's movement, ongoing research shows that many young girls are still getting the message it's okay to do poorly in math and science, and we still see parents, teachers, and school advisors discourage female students from pursuing academic and career interests in science and engineering, as not suitable or too difficult.

But in reality, there have always been women who applied their common sense and natural abilities to contribute to their world through scientific and technical innovations. A few have been well-known for many generations, to be trotted out and displayed as examples of the rare and exceptional -- and depending on who's speaking, maybe even the aberrant -- female scientists or inventors. But more thorough research, most often by women, is revealing a much larger heritage of women active in technology than was previously realized.

One area in which recent scholarship shows women to be prolific is invention. It is ironic that the concept of women as inventors has been belittled -- or ignored -- by so many of Western history's male scholars, since it is women, by male definitions, who are seen as intuitive, and invention often reflects an intuitive leap to discover a solution to a problem. But, in a culture in which most women -- especially married women -- lacked the economic power or legal right to produce or market an invention in their own name, many products and processes developed by women were publicly credited to a husband, a father, a brother, or a male partner, making women's successes invisible.

Likewise, social pressure against independent thought or action and against personal publicity forced many women to give away their ideas, thereby loosing all credit for them. The public nature of filing for a patent, which requires that the name of the inventor be disclosed, made many women reluctant to expose their identities and, therefore, their inventions. And, until fairly recently, married women in many Western countries could not own or profit from their own inventions because these were legally the property of their husbands, even if they were patented or licensed in the woman's name.

None of this, however, means that our female ancestors were not prolific inventors. Considering the social, educational, and legal limitations faced by Western women, the record of women's inventions is outstanding. Patents provide one means of measuring this -- although it's an inadequate and biased one. However, the patent process is a relatively recent reflection of human activity: it was instituted, in most countries, in the seventeenth or eighteenth century. The original U.S. patent law was passed in 1790. We must recognize that many significant things and processes were invented well before recorded history began"

2real   

Good stuff. Even the long cut&paste article by 'Lady' was nice to read through;) ....although we were driven off topic by my sarcastic remark about women being behind in technology. Ya'll almost bit my head off...it just shows that women are driven by emotion! It really doesn't matter which woman or man invented what...I was just interested in imagining how it would be if women where the leaders. For example, would USA be the most powerful nation in the world if the gender scenario was flipped? Would men be oppressed and denied equal rights if women had the power to do so? Etc..

And to all your women activists out there, here is a more suitable list of women leaders...read their history and you'll see that women are wicked. And to all who can read our holy Quran, all I have to say is "In'a Kaydahuna Adhiim" !!!

Jeannette Rankin (1880-1973) was the first female member of the House of Representatives

Nellie Tayloe Ross, governor of Wyoming, was the first woman governor of a state.

Dr. Mae Jemison is the first woman of color to go into space.

Madeleine Korbel Albright was the first and only female Secretary of State. By holding this position, Albright became the highest-ranking woman in the history of the United States government.

Wilma Mankiller is the first female to lead a major Native American tribe, the Cherokee.

Shirley Chisholm is the first African American woman elected to Congress.

Condoleeza Rice is currently the first female National Security Adviser.

Indira Ghandhi, the former prime minister of India was the first woman ever elected to lead a democracy.

In 1988, Benazir Bhutto became Prime Minister of Pakistan, making her the first woman to head the government of an Islamic State.

u guys are haterz for real......

u all wanted me to show my feminist side and say women power? i dont think soo!

well,,,,,i dont agree ....and y'all can disagree and fall asleep all u like,,,,,im just stating my opinion,,,,

women can never rule and the world would be a disaster zone if they did!!!!