Sign in to follow this  
Kulmiye

Words to my friends as they enter their adult-hood!

Kulmiye   

Don't spend major time with minor people. If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, serves you no purpose and don't have your back during difficult times ...that is not a friend.

To have a friend, be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go. Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals interests and lifestyle. When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to GOD from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life. Over the years my phone book has changed because I changed for the better. At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure. Remember what your elders used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together. If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can't Fly!

Hayat   

ver wise indeed,

stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, serves you no purpose and don't have your back during difficult times ...that is not a friend.

could not agree with you any better, its amazing for it was these very reasons i cut ties with my old friends, you really tend to grow and can not afford to hung around people who have no asirations but most importantly who can not change with you to meet the different phases in life. as life is ever changing and you need to chnage with it.

thankx brother, once again