Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Surrogate Mothers....??

LadyLuck   

Hey yall...Hows everyone doing...This is my first topic n hopefully this topic hasnt been discuss before. I wanted to know what are your opinions about this subject. So here are a few questions I wanted to ask yall...

1. Would you consider being a surrogate mother for a couple?

2. Do you think that surrogate mothers has any claim to the child?

3. Would you ever use a surrogate mother if you werent able to have a baby...and other methods didnt work?

P.S. Here is short explanation about what a surrogate mother is ( if you didnt know)is a woman who carries a child for a couple or single person with the intention of giving that child up once its born...

Thanks for ur inputs ahead of time... smile.gif

J.Lee   

^Abaayo, who ever wrote that ariticle provided no proof what so ever to support their opinion (for it does seem as though it’s an opinion rather than a fact. Furthermore, who are these “Scholars of islam†who have deemed it haram?)

Secondly surrogate mother is forbidden under Islamic law therefore it is haram

I found an article stating otherwise.

To have a child. Artificial insemination

Anyway, I'm suspending judgement until I know for sure whether it is haram or not.

If it's not haraam, I wouldn't mind being a "tummy mommy" for a couple if the women happened to be barren.

No, they don't. However, I think if it's acceptable to all parties the surrogate mother can be involved in the child's life but not as a role of a parent.

3. Would you ever use a surrogate mother if you werent able to have a baby...and other methods didnt work?

Personally, I wouldn't. If I can't have kids (God forbid) then I'd advise my husband (?) to marry again if he wants kids bad enough.

shyhem   

^^^^^^^

Why are you so passionate about it.Do you wanna volunter to be a surrogate mother.Be carefull before you go into production mode.

Surrogates: Why go through all that trouble? Why carry another man's sperm inside you? Why do something thats clearly haraam? Why risk becoming attached to that child?

Couple: Why not adopt and give already living kids a life and home?

Castro   

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

Why do something thats clearly haraam?

Only things mentioned in the Quran are clearly haraam, Femme. This here was not even an issue 1400 years ago.

Couple:
Why not adopt and give already living kids a life and home?

This I agree with you on. If I were faced with the option of surrogacy, adopting would be my only deterrent.

WELCOME TO SOL

No, I’m a male.

I don’t think they should even consider the concept, unless they getting paid millions, if so, she should have claim, and she should remain part of the family, it she shouldn’t get cut off after the baby is born

If my wife was unable to have children, I’d marry another one, with her permission of course, and its not against the deen to divorce or get another wife your current wife is unable to bare children. I could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve heard If that’s not possible to marry another, adoption is another option, there are millions of Somali children that need support, why not?

what kind of women, would allow, another mans sperm in her womb, and after 9 months of hardship, and carrying, give the baby up. just for some money, let's not forget they don't do this out of the goodness of their heart.

what kind of mother, could she be even to her, own children, where most women feel a certain love and attachment to their kids, from carrying them in their bodies for 9 long, difficult months.

but for the surrogate mother, her own child, is preventing her, form renting out her womb .....,what kind of motherly love is that ???

Sky   

Its clearly not allowed in Islam. A woman cannot have another man's semen in her womb that isn't her husband. Let alone a stanger. Clear and simple!

If I can't have children with my wife, adoption would be the only other option. In Islam adoption is very noble and rewarding, I must add.

Originally posted by Castro:

Only things mentioned in the Quran are
clearly
haraam,
Femme
. This here was not even an issue 1400 years ago.

I don't think crack cocaine was specifically mentioned by name in the Quran either. But we both know its haram dont we, Castro ? ;)

Pujah   

So is it Haram or Halal. This thread is making it more confusing.

No. I can't imagine carriyng and caring for a baby for 9 months and giving it up

NOPE, Her only claim is to collect the check and be on her marry way

Maybe

LadyLuck   

Thanks for your replies everyone…and the welcome smile.gif

On personal note, I would never consider being a surrogate mother because I would feel to attached to the child that was growing inside of me. With the second question I have mixed feeling about it on one hand I feel that she does have some sort of claim even though it isn’t her child due to the simple fact that she gave birth to the child and carried/took care of the child while she was pregnant. On the other hand if she was paid then I don’t believe she has any right. I wouldn’t use a surrogate mother if I wasn’t able to have any children, because I wouldn’t feel comfortable with another women having my baby and experiencing that connection a mother has with her child when its in her womb.

I didn’t know that surrogate mothers were forbidden under Islamic law, thanks for letting me know that. However I have other question I wanted to ask yall. If a couple tries having a baby the natural way god intend but doesn’t work because of the women/men age, the women body is unable to handle birth, or there is something wrong with the egg or sperm. What are their options other then adoption., that isn’t haram ? Also is it haram to use fertility pills, and in-vitro etc to get pregnant?

I started thinking about this topic when one of my aunts couldn’t have a another child after her first born, which she is very grateful for having.

smile.gif