Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

EURO 2004...

SERIA A TAKE

Com'on Gents (and Ladies smile.gif ) Show Your Colours

Who do we think will perform, who will flop, who will be the supprise package of the tournament???

Com'on place ur bets (oops) i mean state ur case ;);)

ITALY ALL THE WAY........

Cassano n Rooney best new comers

Totti Pirlo n Nervo to star for Italy

Lampard n Rooney n Scoles will be Englands best Players

will Anelka be selected by France??

High Scores will be Pauleta Henry n Van Niss n Totti

Last Dance:

Will Nedved Rui Costa n Figo shine??

Hope Zizou will be Fully Fit and ready to show us again why he is the regining World Player of the Year

France all the way !

'The side is packed with star names. There is Lilian Thuram in defence, the Arsenal duo of Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira in midfield, while their attack can boast the likes of Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet. They also have a certain Zinedine Zidane pulling the strings.'

just add Anelka in that line up and its smooth sailing from there on....

I would like England to win it...looks like this will not be their year! Once again.

Flops -

Italy - promises so much before every championships, but always flops icon_razz.gif

I am hoping England will surprise me this year and actually Win. !

N.O.R.F   

1-James

2) Neville

3) Cole

4)Terry

5)Campell

6)Gerrard

7)Becks

*)Scholes

9)Owen

10)Rooney

11)Heskey/Dier -Depending on formation (442 or 433)

France=Hype -Dont believe it

Portugal-Will be embarrassed

Ceck Republic will do well

Italy will do well

Baaniyal   

ama go with the Dutch for this one,i just have a soft spot for them. Oranje to lift the cup in a final with Les Bleus.

My hatred for the Italian panzies has reached an all time high, last night i dreamt of Arsenal vs Italy at the San Siro, where Henry and Pires scored some unbelieveable goals,and Totti was crying for being laughed at after he tried to dive but landed on his head and grease was all over the pitch. Yes am officially consigning myself to a Mental Institution.

Intel   

u know i have a feeling this will be another tournament of suppresses just like 2004 CL..

watch out for the less flamboyant teams the Chezks the Croatians the English etc

loool at Baay hey there is a free spot left i just booked out myself ;) , Baay the ducth are very strong, but will see. I just have this feeling that Italy again not being fancied at all, (dispite beng packed with superstar's) will be quitely confident

Always Learning although thats a strong team on paper, who have set a new french record of 13 wins in a row, i think there times up.

I think Cezch success wouldnt supprise me, but there in a tough group rokko

England i think could supprise, infact i wouldnt be shocked if the got a result against france n top the group

N.O.R.F   

With France being the favourites, let me ask u this question, when was the last a favourite won a tourny? Maybe france in Euro 2000 but lets forget that for now :D .

1994 WC = Germany

1996 Euro = England

1998 WC fav= Brazil

2002 WC fav= France/Argentina

One thing is for sure, home nations and the favourites hardly ever win the actual tourny,,,,with Henry saying he wants England in the final (which would be gr8) but thats arrogance, the quicker its shoved back down his throught the better.

forza azzurri!!!!

If Trappatoni, (mite hav spelled it wrong0, fails to lift this years european championship there has to be a change.

If u compare the azzuri with ne other team they have pound 4 pound the best team in the tournament.

In Goal: Buffon, Toldo, ZAMBROTTA(? u neva know lol)

Defecnce: Cannavaro, nesta, ZAMBROTTA

Midfield: pirlo, totti, fiore, camoranesi, ZAMBROTTA

Attack: Del Boy, Vieri, Cassano(who in my opinion iz the best new youngster since ronaldo)and ZAMBROTTA

Lets be realistic france were extremely lucky the last tournament and collapsed in the world cup they may be good but compared to Italia not good enough

Arrivadeci

Libaax's prediction:

1. Suicidal Azzuris will not be seen again after the second round. Sorry Shujui.

2. The English hooligans will be going on a rampage after their defeat at the second rounds. Sorry Northerner and Shaqsii.

3. les blues will take it. No doubt.

Baaniyal   

shujui you know how everyone gets their shine at some point,i just get this damn feeling that the italian panzies will have their cake soon come. They had lady luck against them since the 1982 triumph,i just hope it doesn't happen while am still alive. Same goes for the english,who will remind us of this great victory for the next 100 years if they do win it.

From the last world cup i say watch out for the young and robust Spanish team, Joaqcuin was a sensation at the world cup,and now they have Vincente from Valencia on the left wing,with Morientes on some amazing form and Xabi Alonso. Their defence might look weak,but for one thing Puyol is at RB waiting for anyone who dares to attack him from there.

Should be a great Euro 2004,with games being played at times we like, unlike that 3 am-7 am crap of Korea.

Viking   

I am looking forward to watching the Czechs, Dutch, Portuguese and Spaniards. I hope they make the final four.

N.O.R.F   

looks like all the attention has turned to the Euros,,, if anyone has the match schedule please forward it, i need to re-arrange my social life around every game :D

Intel   

Originally posted by Drogba:

looks like all the attention has turned to the Euros

yep i'm countingdown only 27 days and 12 hours to go.. comeon comeon 4_1_112.gif

North you can find everything about the tournament here UEFA EURO 2004

Ahh thats what i like to see bple Pin ur colours Firmly On :cool: .

It has always been the case that the Host-Nations perform well at these championships, England in 96, Holland @ 2000, so Why Not Portugal?

Hmmmm i have been mulling over there squad and i just thouht hang-on bloody hell :eek: :eek: .

Figo and Rui Costa Established Superstars @ Real n Milan Respectively.

Deco n Costina of Porto Champions League Engine Room

Simao Ex Barca now of Benfica, not to mention Quaresma @ Barca and Ronaldo @ Milan n Fulhams Pacey Boa Morte

Thats alot of Flair, add Pauletta of Borduex and Nuno Gomex of Benfica then why not??

I go 75% Italy 25% Hedge Portugal :D

Intel   

Shujui speaking of squads bro check out the French preliminary squad :eek:

Goalkeepers: Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes), Ulrich Rame (Bordeaux)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), Patrice Evra (Monaco), William Gallas (Chelsea),

Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Bernard Mendy (Paris St Germain), Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United), Sebastien Squillaci (Monaco), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Philippe Mexes (Auxerre)

Midfielders: Ousmane Dabo (Lazio), Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Olivier Kapo (Auxerre), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Olivier

Dacourt (AS Roma), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (Monaco), Sylvain Wiltord

(Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Johan Micoud (Werder Bremen), Benoit Pedretti (Sochaux)

Forwards: Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Peguy Luyindula (Lyon), Louis Saha (Manchester United)

very very impressive on a paper ey.. but on the pitch we shall see (ia)