Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

This Is Your Life (If You Are a Woman)

1%
of the titled land in the world is owned by women.

A baby girl born in the UK is likely to live to 81 - but if she is born in Swaziland, she is likely to die at

70%
of the 1.2 billion people living in poverty are women and children.

21%
of the world's managers are female.

62%
of unpaid family workers are female.

9%
of judges,
10%
of company directors and
10%
of top police officers in the UK are women.

Women comprise
55%
of the world's population aged over 60 years old and 65% of those aged over 80.

£970,000
is the difference between lifetime earnings of men and women in the UK finance sector.

million girls worldwide are unable to attend school, compared with 45 million boys. In Chad, just 4% of girls go to school.

women are without adequate food, water, sanitation, health care or education (compared with 400,000,000 men).

Women in full-time jobs earn an average
17%
less than British men.

Women in part-time jobs earn an average
42%
less than British men.

67%
of all illiterate adults are women.

women die each day during childbirth (a rate of one death every minute).

1 in 7
women in Ethiopia die in pregnancy or childbirth (it is one in 19,000 in Britain).

In the US, 35% of lawyers are women but just 5% are partners in law firms.

In the EU, women comprise
3%
of chief execs of major companies.

is the number of world leaders who are women (out of 191 members of the United Nations).

Men directed 9 out of every 10 films made in 2004.

And some of these stats are reflective of 'progressive' societies that have come a long way. What it is to be a woman :(

Source

It isnt all gloom tho.. there is a glimmer of hope (for western women or those in the west at least)... :D

Pi   

I am often told that there are more females in Hell than there are men. Every way you look at it, the odds are against you if you're a female. Wicked, wicked world. :D

Personal note: Being a male so far hasnt done me any good either. Hope that changes. redface.gif

Janna   

Originally posted by Pi:

I am often told that there are more females in Hell than there are men. any good either.

Women cannot hold their tongues. Gossiping leads them to hell along with many other sins.

It is a man's world. :(

Baluug   

Don't worry about the rest of the people in the world, worry about yourself, and how you will be on the Day that you stand before Allah SWT and even turn against your own family. I don't worry about what the rest of the world is doing unless I have an opportunity to change it or be a part of it, and do good things.

P.S. Women throughout history have rarely been the breadwinners of their households, so why is it such a big shock that they don't have a big influence on the workforce?

-Lily-   

^^^ If that is the line of argument you are going to take, that it's traditionally men who are the breadwinners, then this clearly shows men have failed just as greatly.

"1,440 women die each day during childbirth (a rate of one death every minute)." Having children should come with a fatal warning, makes you wonder if those brats are even worth it :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Originally posted by Pi:

I am often told that there are more females in Hell than there are men. any good either.

Women cannot hold their tongues. Gossiping leads them to hell along with many other sins.

It is a man's world. :(

indeed a bloody man's world if you ask me, Croc-hunter! smile.gif

Arawella   

You don’t say…

It juts proves how insensitive and full of xaasidnimo men are! Do not fret Amelia, as long as more baby girls are born and we continue to outlive these buggers in time we are bound to be the supreme gender in every way. ;)

Khalaf   

^^^^Lavie sister then in that case it's gonna be more women then men, how will u find mates for all those millions of women, introduce the best policy? which u girls hate the most polygamy-thus u lose again.

I am often told that there are more females in Hell than there are men. Every way you look at it, the odds are against you if you're a female. Wicked, wicked world.

I also heard that paradise lies under the mothers feet, that whosoever is given three daughters and spends on them and treats them well will get paradise, that he treats his wife well will be rewarded, many other sayings. The world belongs to Allah Alone, not man. Woman are oppressed, just as others oppressed they are not well off economically, so empower yourselves by working hard in education, get that money and you will be treated like an equal in ur relationships thats advice I give my three baby sisters. Peace

Grim stats.

I wish women would look at these stats and change their attitudes. I always feel like women are themselves their greatest enemy. Alot of them dont feel like they can contribute much to society and never act on it.

Janna   

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

quote:Originally posted by ALexus.:

Originally posted by Pi:

It is a man's world.
:(

indeed a bloody man's world if you ask me, Croc-hunter!
smile.gif
Because it's a man's world, are you implying I should subject to their commands?

Sharmarkee

I have yet to see a crocodile in real life however Steven Irwin has allowed me to view if from the comforts of my own home. :D

It's odd but when I hear these statistics I really dont care, it never bothered me and I guess it never will. You have to give it time, we've just entered the work force less than 60 years and we can't realistically expect everything to fall into place overnight. It takes time, commitment, more time. We've already covered massive ground in leaps and bounds. The gap is getting closer and closer, all we need is patience and to keep our eye on the ball. I always compare western working women to women from other countries and I've got to say, we have it good girls. Inshallah, in time there would be equal pay for equal work.

Khalaf   

Inshallah, in time there would be equal pay for equal work.

Allah Most High Has Given that right to the woman more than 1400 years ago. What is there to fight about?

Khalaf   

^^^^What is stopping the people from implementing it? I don't get it, how can anyone argue against the commands of Allah? am not familiar, do women get the same pay in Muslim countries?

I know I know, some will joke are woman even allowed to work, plz no jokes.

Intel   

Originally posted by ALexus.:

It is a man's world.
:(

Man-of-the-Year.jpg

well deal with it........... pumpkin :cool: