Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu: More Somali Police units arrive : Pics

Mr-Peace   

General Duke

How can a warlord like abdi qaybdid who committed heinous crimes against 'puntlanders' and other somali's be in a somali government? A man like him should be executed or jailed, yet this puppet entity you call TFG has put in charge of the police.

Does that make any sense?

Adeer, we must move forward, many people fought in the civil war, however those who have chosen to now work for the national interest must be given a chance.

Now Qaybdeed is a capable fellow of war more so than any other individual from Mogadishu and I rather have him on board than against the system.

Its for a stable Somalia to set national courts for war crimes commited or to move forward like what happened in South Africa.

Mr-Peace   

General

I have no confidence in somalia moving forward if those at the driver seat of that movement are the same ones responsible for killing, displacing countless number of somali's during the past 17 years.

We can only move forward with Ethiopians gone, and the warlords masquerading as government stripped of their powers.

^^^there is a time and place for everything. Ethiopia will go and these old folks will dither and die what will remain is the country.

Your solution is to create a new batch of crazed killers who are clan crazies and who misunderstood the faith?

No saxib, lets strengthen the system and clean our house up.

Mr-Peace   

General

It seems you are making two weak arguments. On the one case, you blame somali's for the lawlessness of the country.

But then you support a puppet entity that has the very same players that have been murdering, raping and profiteering from somalia's destruction and lawlessness. Moxamed dheer, Abdi qeybdid, Morgan etc, how can these warlords be part of a movement forward? Digest that and think real hard before you answer.

Adeer you make peace between enemies, we know the facts of the civil war, the men you mentioned were leading factions opposed to each other and thus it’s a step forward due to the peace conference in Kenya that all the opposing factions came together and signed the peace agreement. Now the government is made up of 275 MP’s from the 4.5 clan frameworks, clans who never had an MP and who never had an armed wing got their voice in the TFG.

My argument is strong because since 2004 the major “lions” or warlords or faction leaders have lost much ground.

I will list you the names. Qaynyare, Musa Sudi, Xasan dahir Aways, Barre Hiiraale, Morgan ,Yusuf IndaCade and amny more have gone. Others have become part of the system, look at Mohamed Dheere and his position compared to Nur cade a mere civilian?

My point is simple as the system gets stronger these men and their interests gets weaker.

Today we have Al Shabaab and a few other groups these will become irrelevant as well with time.

Mr-Peace   

What about abdullahi yusuf? He is a warlord, he brough ethiopians(historical enemy of our people) to somalia not once but twice. How can such a traitor be the president of the somali nation?

So we agree on the other points correct?

Now I don’t consider President Yusuf to be a warlord at all. He is a tough man, a military rebel leader and a man who has been in politics for over four decades. Thus many people hold strong views on the man. However how long will he remain at the top? Considering his age and that he has already had a term nearly finished.

Thus my brother why not just wait it out and develop the institutions instead of all this mindless killings?

mindless killings...u is right wat uncle loves to do. i am glad his sun is setting.. u know time wise ...and liver wise due to all the alchol he consumed.

u know..some how, time will get u!! he will go down as the WORST SOMALI TRAITOR EVER!!

Im sure, only grave yard that will accept is adopted homeland...Adis.