Sign in to follow this  
Amna

How do I tell them?

Walaal Amna, insha'Allah mid khair qabo Allah ha ku siiya.

Qof kasta is tested in their own way, insha'Allah we're among the saabiruun. Perhaps you can visit your local imaam for advise.

By the way, do not worry about too much about these lot. I am sure they are not this insensitive in real life. Rather, the forums are dry and they have nothing better to do with their time than complain. (Honestly, time to log off folks) :rolleyes:

~Macsalama

Amna   

your right sister garowe, iam sure she is a wonderful sister and i apprrciate her input. After all this is a public forum i cannot possibly expect everyone to give me replies in the same manner.

Tell 'em, tell 'em, tell 'em and if they choose to run away, then you are better off. You dont want to be with an insensitive jerk or someone who takes a pity on you. You are certainly allowed to look but please if you dont find a man, it is OK. If its meant to be, it'll be.

Amna   

your absolutely right sister chocolate, I will keep telling them insha allah and this time without any fear of rejection.

Blessed   

Not all men are ignorant, Insha Allah Sabr yeelo and Allah will grant you what was meant for you.

In the mean time find another challenge to over come? smile.gif

My beautiful cousin who is 'disabled' is getting married this month in Hargiasa, Masha Allah. I put 'disability' it in brackets because she's actually very capable, doesn't need nursing or such so I never imagined it would be an issue until some relatives expressed surprise that she was getting married. :confused: She never took it seriously, even as kids she used to joke about it.. smile.gif

chubacka   

Amna honesty is the best policy, be upfront, you have nothing to lose and the right one will iA will approach you.

Amna   

Alhamdulilah I have found another challenge to over come but I hope it's not too much of a challenge. I plan on moving to a muslim country in a couple of month and pursue my Islamic education. Make dua for me as I will be living with people whom I have never met before. Jazakllahu khair for sharing that story, it was very uplifting and may allah shower their marriage with many blessings. Ameen.

Chubaka, I have always been honest with them alhamdulilah and insha allah I will always be honest no matter what the out come will be. Thank you for the reminder.

Aaliyyah   

^Âll the best hun. You sound like a sincere good sister. Ilaahay waxba kulama waayo oo waxkasta aad rabtid ilaahay hakula simo...

salaam

Ashkiro   

Salaam smile.gif

I am not sure if this has been already mentioned but I would advice you if your disbility is not apparent then don't mention it, let the relationship develop first and see where it heads, I don't find that to be misleading because you are not your disability it's only a part of you, the most important part of you being your soul, your heart, your goodness, your character, your deen etc let a prospective spouse get to know you for you and if it becomes serious and question of marriage arises then let them know about your condition, informing them before the fundamentals are formed could be counterproductive. However if it is apparent then I would advice you to take the focus away from it. I know this is a lot easier said then done but you are not your disability let it not put a shadow over your being to live and thrive, other's will be attracted to you despite a disability when you shine from within, and one only begets his or her naseeb thus trust in Allah. I wish you all the best inshaAllah.