galbeedi

This Al-shbaab war is do or die, and the moves of president HSM explained.

galbeedi   

Finally, I met someone who knows one or two things about the moves of president Hassan Sheikh Mohamuud (HSM). His weak cabinet, frequent flyer trips, regional foreign policy dynamics and most of all his declared war on Al-shabaab.

This week I have met a member of federal parliament from Puntland (elected Sool) region and had extensive chat while having lunch in a private and quite restaurant. I had a lot of questions and he had answered most of my questions, although I never reached the bottom of some issues due to the presence of a third party who kept asking about Farmaajo.  Certainly, he wasn't a fan of Farmaajo, and he considered the N&N leader as someone who was out of touch , surrounded by late teenage boys who have zero experience about Somalia.

Anyway,  let us cut to the chase.

Galbeedi: How is this war against Al-shabaab is going in Hiiraan and Galmudug?

Member of Somali Parliament: It is early to predict,  but this is the last option for the whole country. There are no other options left.

GalbeediL What do you mean the last option?

MSP: it is either do or die. The country was facing a slow death for a decade now.  500 to a thousand died in October of 2017 bombing, people are shot daily and no one cares, it is just numbers. Almost everyone believes that if Somalia fails this war, the country will be taken over by Al-shbaab or might not survive anymore.

Galbeedi: So, all hopes are upon HSM?

MSP: Yes. No one cares about the composition of the cabinet, which clan got what or any other issues anymore. Even despite certain disagreements, all regional governments are on board of this war. Either the country takes this war seriously or else. We couldn't go anymore lower than this. HSM has to come victorious in this war  for the future of Somalia. Rather than Somalis dying slowly and being abused, it is better to die and liberated,  that is what happening in Hiiraan today, People said enough is enough.

Galbeedi: How about clans being armed by the state? some people believe that arming locals will lead to clans taking matters in their own hand or challenging the state later with road blocks other means of extorsion.

MSP: The idea that Somali clans lack weapons is false. Despite the regional governments,  Somali clans have arms. In fact, I should say that Somalia is one of the most armed nations in the world. What they need is guidence, strtegy and purposeThere is no bigger danger than Al-shbaab today in Somalia. They are becoming more dangerous as times goes. Hotels, business people and others used to pay taxes and other levies after signing agreements with Al-shbaab. The code word was , " you pay and you will be left alone", but now the demands are getting worse. They are demanding the hotels not to host anyone connected with the government, and that was one of the main reasons they attacked Al-Hayat hotel. When the business people say they have business transactions with the government, they are killed. They infiltrated hotel employees and every other business. No one is safe.

Galbeedi: So, are the business community serious about facing Al-shabaab finally?

MSP: The business people got richer than ever before , especially certain groups, and they probably want to enjoy their money without a fear in their own country. Also, Al-shbaab is increasing their demands and the killing of the business people had oncreased lately. 

Galbeedi: Tell me about these no stop foreign trips of HSM . In most cases, there are no cabinet members like the foreign minister or other cabinet members related to their Ministery.

MSP: When he was elected he called the parliament for dinner and he told us nothing but his war against Al-shbaab. He said , " we are going to fight and eliminate Al-shbaab and we are in hurry ( Dagaal baan Al-shbaab la galaynaa, waana degdegsanahay oo dhaqso ayaan hawshaa u galayaa". Then he begun his foreign trips. He visited almost ten countries and the message was the same: I will be fighting and clearing Al-shbaab, how could you help us? . Most of these meetings were in a secret and very few people know it. If some of these states offer some help and demand something in exchange he was willing to offer and signed it. No one knows, but thre whole trips are about the war.

GAlbeedi: So, HSM got this mission of eliminating Al-shbaab and doesn't care if he steps someone's toes? 

MSP:  Exactly.  No one cares about the composition of the cabinet, which clan got what or any other issues anymore. Even despite certain disagreements, all regional governments are on board of this war. He knows this his last chance for him and the country. If he wins this war, Somalis could give him another ten years. Also, as this is  his second chance, he doesn't worry about elders or others barking.

Galbeedi: Al-shbaab isn't a group of nomads who showed up one day to create hell on earth in Somalia. How about those who have clandestine hands on this?

MSP: Regardless of the original intent to wreak havoc in Somalia through these movements, due to changes in the region and the world,  that chapter could be closed , or I should say that HSM has convinced the international community that it is either now or never.

Galbeedi: How you see the foreign trips of president HSM  at the regional level.

MSP: in some of his trips , he mended fences both with Djibouti and Kenya which are very important neighbors, while also deciding his own destiny in terms of his trip to Egypt and Ethiopia. Also, unlike Farmaajo, he showed that he doesn't need no one's permission to visit the countries where the interest of the nation lies. Farmaajo had made huge mistake in terms of Kenya. Few mouths ago, I was praying one of the largest Masjids in Nairobi, and a collogue of mine  pointed out a couple of hundred men and said, " Do you see those young men in their forties?  most of them are multi-millionaires,". In fact, in terms of wealth today, Somalis are only second to the Kikuya community.  Kenys is today a nation where Somalis have a huge foot print and we do not need to be their enemies.

Galbeedi: Do you have any news about his current trip to Ethiopia?

MSP: I heard that HSM has a serious meeting with Abiy Ahmed. He told him that since Ethiopia manufactures armored cars and other weapons they should ship and sell to Somalia. HSM told him that we will pay the money, if not today but in the future. 

Galbeedi: It seems the west had embraced HSM. Did has their support during the last election?

MSP: No. HSM was supported by USA and others during the election of 2012. In fact, in 2012, four months before the election, former secretary of the state convened a meeting in Nairobi with Shriif Sakeen, Shariif Ahmed and others, and told them streight that, " They vacate the place for the next government". Later Shariiif Ahmed complained openly saying they should not be interfering in our affaires. In this election HSM was either number three or fourth. Or I should say " Waa nin Nasiib Badan".

When he visited America, he invited to explore the oil resources and signed a strategic partnership with America. Some of his demands were the the territorial unity of Somalia and the USA had accepted his position which he stated openly for others to hear,

Galbeedi: Talking about the election of 2022. According to my sources, some people believe that the man who lost the last election was not Farmaajo, but C/laahi Deni. Do you believe that sentiment.

MSP: Yes. No one prepared in that election more  than Deni. The main strategy was to be in the final round. Everyone knew that whoever reached the final would beat Farmaajo. He had the guarantee of at Least a hundred members before he left from Garoowe. In former elections the region ( Puntland) mattered a lot and people stick together for win or lose, but things are changing throughout the country. Many heavy weight politicians came to Garoowe to fish and make deals, especially former premier Khyre who convinced a group of Aaran Jaan (The children of hell based in Garoowe)  to support him while offering the premiership, also, HSM, Shariif and others might have taken some of the votes away. I have no doubt that Deni had 100 secure and even engaged up to 180 people.

Galbeedi: Lame duck Deni is looking an extension of one year, Dayaano family in Boosaaso object any moves by Deni, and Faroolle and his base (the children of hell) will claim this to be their term. Does that mean a serious issues of conflict in Puntland.

MSP: It all depends how the Deni acts and manages his moves. He could convince his Reer Bari base to help him against his rivals. Also, this extension thing is a fever going throughout the country. Since Ahmed Madobe did everyone want to go five instead of four.

Galbeedi: Finally, what is the state of Somalia in this juncture?

MSP: Anything bad that supposed to happen in Somalia had happened, we have reached the lowest point in terms bombing, taregeted killing and chaos. Yet, the Somali people, especially the private sector has reached unprecedented achievements and know, and if the country settles for once the sky is the limit. There is a  malaise in the country both regionally and in Mogadishu, it if your ear is hurting your whole condition will be unstable . It seems everyone is looking a way out of this mess. Finally in the south, it is now or never. We either win this war or we are doomed.

Folks that was the main points. There were other serious issues, but I rather not broadcast hare to the public. 

I am of the school that Al-shbaab was deployed in directly by others. If you remember in the early nineties, both regional governments and certain  international community members objected peaceful Islamic oriented parties to come to power whether they were in Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt or Yemen. They used military coups or despots to prevent these froups. Finally, A Gulf sponsored Wahabi and anti democratic movement showed up most of these counytries , especially in Somalia to prevent elections and peaceful change. 

Also, almost all of the current leaders of Somalia were members of these movements. Some were extremists, others like Ina Cabdishakuur were just using the religeous card to get to power. This war was between thhese groups and some of them now became close freinds of America. I hope those who used these groups for chaos had finally decided to close that shop. We hope.

He minimized the Puntland power cake which is boiling due to many factors. Imagine these fools in Puntland are talking about elections after 25 years of inactivity. At least, I can understand why C/laahi Deni spent three years neglecting elections and rule of law in Puntland, because he thought curing the Mogadishu quagmire was the overidding issue in Somalia and Puntland is just a minor player. Now, he cannot fix and revisit what he failed to do three years ago. The armed wing of Reer Bari is waiting and the Faroole children of Hell who had stabbed C/laahi Deni from the back are going nowhere.

I forgot to ask him about premier Hamza Barre. Will do next time. The only think I would say about him is that he is working behind the scene and doesn't like the limrlight or publicity. Anyway, we don't much about his abilities yey. Let us wait few more months.

And finally, Somaliland might go to 4.5 system and abolish political parties. This is huge. I have to write more later.

Arming the clans or even organising clan-based melitia is a double-edged sword, if it is not handled properly it will haunt HSM in the longer term. 

A short-term win and a long-term pain. My opinion. 

19 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

And finally, Somaliland might go to 4.5 system and abolish political parties. This is huge. I have to write more later.

LOL dreams are free. 

Ahahah somaliland adopting 4.5 if that’s the case  galbeedi its bad for you thé the four Somalilanders will all get each 1. And u will be the .5 maxaad so kordhisay marka .    Somaliland has a better inclusive system

On 10/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, baala xoofto said:

Arming the clans or even organising clan-based melitia is a double-edged sword, if it is not handled properly it will haunt HSM in the longer term. 

A short-term win and a long-term pain. My opinion. 

LOL dreams are free. 

When I said this, I wasn't even thinking about what I just came across below. 

This, if true, will be a game changer in the South Somalia civil wars. The Bantu Community along with other Looma-ooyaans make up a majority in the key farming lands of Shabeelooyinka and Jubo riverine. If they are armed, organised and equipped, it is game-over for Cagdheers, Gedo-boys, And **********s. 

The chickens are coming home to roost.

On 10/4/2022 at 11:52 PM, baala xoofto said:

This, if true, will be a game changer in the South Somalia civil wars. The Bantu Community along with other Looma-ooyaans make up a majority in the key farming lands of Shabeelooyinka and Jubo riverine. If they are armed, organised and equipped, it is game-over for Cagdheers, Gedo-boys, And **********s. 

The chickens are coming home to roost.

LOL so you hope.

7 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

arent u scared for ur toll form the nappy heads  wala idin yaaabaa

No. The "nappy heads" are hardworking Somalis  unlike others.

galbeedi   
On 10/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, baala xoofto said:

Baalo X,

I welcome this. Let them get arms and defend their farms from the ugly Faradheer who looted them.