Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

'Kulmiye representatives in Awdal should all hide themselves in shame '

May 04, 2009 - 13:08

'Kulmiye representatives in Awdal should all hide themselves in shame '

First of all I have to admit, it took me too long to comment Mr. Ahmed Haaji Ali Adami’s’s imprudent speech which he made late last month during kulmiye’s demonstrations in Hargeisa and the lack of a proper response from kulmiye representatives in Awdal. But it was only because I was giving chance to those kulmiye admirers in Awdal to step in and to protest against Mr. Adami’s derogatory comments.

Unfortunately none of them came forward with any disapproval of what Mr. Adami had said. So I decided to serve some justice for myself and for many other Awdalites who were offended by Mr. Adami’s unfortunate comments. To begin with it is important to note here that it is the nature of Kulmiye Party as a whole to create partitions amongst Somaliland brotherly people and to pursue the only policy that they so far introduced to us which is “WE WANA RULE SOMALILAND” Without actually showing any viable policies that can illustrate for the people of Somaliland how Kulmiye government would make our country a better place.

However the recent Kulmiye rallies that took place in every major city in the country have opened yet another ugly chapter for Awdal politicians. Obviously this new chapter will generate a terrible dilemma for all Awdalistes if not stopped now. Speaking on behalf of Awdalistes I am sure the group that want to represent us in Kulmiye Party are a bunch of incompetents who will bring disaster to the people of Awdal if we fail to stop them.

I am not advocating at any point to deny the rights of Kulmiye Representatives in Awdal to search for a better political alternatives for themselves rather I am saying this group is blindly following a political party with a dangerous ideology that if unchecked will most certainly bring disaster to our people. Perhaps we shouldn’t spend too much of our valuable time to criticize a handful of people who are desperate to gain political capital. But at the same time we should never tolerate any group or individuals who are degrading the wishes of the majority Awdalistes and who also are creating division amongst us.

I believe we should all voice our concerns when egotistic politicians try to divert our attention from the real danger that is facing Awdalistes today. We Awdalites reached today to the point where some of our politicians are sharing platform with some injudicious political figures from other regions of Somaliland such Axmed Xaaji Ali Adami who knows nothing about Awdal and who has no business to comment Awdali’s destiny and its place in Somaliland. Yet some Awdalistes are insisting that people like Mr. Sayli who was standing next to Mr. Adami when he made his disreputable comments and done nothing will fight for Awdali’s rights in a kulmiye led government.

Mr. Adami ludicrously suggested that president Rayaale belongs to what he called Somaliland minority groups which is not true. I believe that is insult and downright violation of Awdalistes’s rights to participate SL decision making. What is worse is that Mr. Sayli who was present when mr. Adami made his awful remarks said nothing and to me that is unacceptable. It is beyond my understanding how those Awdalites who think that President Rayaale is neglecting Awdal today can justify the actions and the ineffectiveness of Mr. Sayli when all he can do is to applaud for Mr. Adami’s despicable comments.

Opposing Mr. Rayaal’s Presidency is one thing but offending a whole race is another thing and that was what Mr Adami had done. There fore it is something that should alarm all Awdalistes including Kulmiye members in Awdal. But the Kulmiye representatives in Awdal and their appalling propagandists are only interested to settle local grievances and they miserablely failed to see the big picture.

For some reasons we Awdalistes hold back to criticize those politicians who declare their wishes of political activism and, the few people who dare to condemn the actions of those inept politicians always become the victims of unwanted comments. But it should never be like that because when someone declares his/her intentions of becoming public figure they should bear the consequences.

Perhaps those who support Kulmiye leadership in Awdal think that only President Rayaale ought to be the only politician who deserves criticism. If that is the case why on earth they calling all Awdalistes and Somalilanders to support Kulmiye? Don’t they know that the desire to lead a nation comes with a price? But do we have to accept their demands at any cost?

Ladies and Gentlemen: my dear brothers and sisters in AWDAL I think it is time to tell Kulmiye representatives in Awdal to hide themselves in SHAME. And it is time for all Awdalites to see where they are heading. It is time we should wake up and see the reality. Finally it is time to tell who can be the leader and who can be the follower because if we give the followers chance to lead us they will lead us to a dead end.

Cabdale Farah Sigad

sigad12345@yahoo.co. uk

© 2008 Awdalnews Network .

Views expressed in the opinion articles are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the editorial

Xaaji, Mr.Duke is not that deep and did not get the gist of the article. Where are his older brothers, the real tacticians of Puntland on SOL? Where are Xiin and co.? ;)

Duke, read the editorial above again and see if you can figure it out in the next 48 hours. Maybe I give you too little credit...

^^^I figure the people of AWDAL dont think they are a minority and Riyaale's treatment of the SNM has given them much hope unlike the sniffiling cowards from Awdal who are members of Kulmiye. :D

NGONGE   

^^ So you finally accept that reer AWDAL are Somalilanders? :D

I await foosiya's arrival and hope my fellow citizen also finally saw the light. smile.gif