Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Where is Somalia/somalis heading?

Positive   

We are heading to nationhood and a birth of new way of social inter-relationship which I may call the nation oriented culture.

We are under going change from tribe oriented culture to nation oriented one but this change has been painful for two reason: first the way ahead and what it entails has not been clear for the majority of us therefore we have been struggling to embrace change; Even those who are ready for change do not know how they can best adjust themselves for what is coming. Second many of us want to stay in our comfort zone which is tribal oriented way of Life meaning we want to keep what we from experience think is best.

It is common knowledge though that the traditional way of Life, the nomadic pastoral oriented way of life, is no longer serving our survival needs. In fact that way of life is crumbling under our feet and in consequence we are pushed to a new ground for change which we have yet to accept collectively; it is my suggestion thus that the pain we are experiencing is birth bang associated with the change we have to make.

Nationhood is here to stay; we need to receive and welcome it with gratitude, peace and a sigh of relief.

The Awakener2

Raamsade   

Before the Jihadists arrived on the scene, Somalia was drifting aimlessly in the open seas vainly hoping for a bright shoreline. With the JIhadists in the ascendancy in large junks of the country and worryingly knocking on the doors in other parts, Somalia is entering a long dark night.

I was just reading a horror story from Somalia in what some SOLers call Somalia's "Islamic saviors" reportedly killed two presumably free-born Somalis for watching the World Cup. And the man making the threats and prohibitions is named Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Iraqi. What hope is there for Somalia when what appears to be Iraqi fugitive is telling free-born Somalis what they can't watch in their own country? Not even the much despised Ethiopians stooped that low.

^Come on, don't believe everything that you read on the Internet. Some of these Somali sites will write anything and eveything without a second thought.

Besides, and I know this is a debate that you've had on these pages, for a period of six months these Jihadists have brought peace and stability in Mogadishu which no one else before them (since '91) or after managed. They've their flaws, but that is a credit to them. So give credit where it is due.

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

^Come on, don't believe everything that you read on the Internet. Some of these Somali sites will write anything and eveything without a second thought.

Besides, and I know this is a debate that you've had on these pages, for a period of six months these Jihadists have brought peace and stability in Mogadishu which no one else before them (since '91) or after managed. They've their flaws, but that is a credit to them. So give credit where it is due.

YAWNING!!!!