Sign in to follow this  

Atheism/Lets talk about GOD!

Hello my fellow SOLers and ESPECIALLY those of you who do not believe in God! Thank you SOMALI09 for bringing up the subject of God during this holy month of Ramadan. Now I would like to talk to you about GOD and this world. How do you think we came to be? Did we really evolve from monkeys as those textbooks tell us? Where is God and is there any way we can prove His existence?

Let us begin! Post your thoughts!

OK I'm going to start by saying that the West has really dumbed down the Muslims. FFS we don't even know the friggin' basics.

We were born MUSLIMS, we were given the gift of being in the right but yet we drift away from the sea of knowledge and salvation, saying we've come to question the existence of God, without having actually done any real research into religion, or much thinking. It is no secret that the west is infamous for culture of doubt, apathy, pessimism and arrogance. Being an atheist is even (in some circles) considered 'manly' whilst a believer is 'wimpy'. My dear Lord how utterly wrong this is. But I'm not going to go into a lecture about how bad this is, but, instead, into a lecture in the logicality of believing in god for those who don't believe.

What most atheist say is: we just can't know. Fair enough but we can try to understand. What atheists don't seem to grasp is that God has existed indefinitely. He has always been there. By that infinite existence all conclusions of any action can be foretold, ergo the lord is omniscient.

As God is in existence, but has no specific location it is deductible that God is present in ALL LOCATION, thus He is omnipresent.

Now existence itself is impossible by the law that everything with an existence must have a beginning and must have an end, and there must be action to result in a reaction or occurrence. Therefore nothing can be infinite. By this there must be a beginning to the universe which there has been evidence to show (Big Bang) also there must a creation of that universe and what created the universe must have been created, and so on ad infinitum.

However if the chain continues infinitely that means that this axiomatic thinking of beginning and end contradicts itself therefore must not hold: QED.

Therefore infinity is not only are possible but for existence to be true which for m to be writing this and you to be reading this it can be accepted that that is true an infinity or infinite entity must exist.

An argument, but not proof, is that the universe lack entropy or randomness. It seems under most observation that the universe and its entities tend to move towards stability, which in a randomly created universe there should be no reason for. For example gravity pulls entities together reducing randomness in the spread of matter also gases when given space to separate tend to separate uniformly averaging their density out over the area the consume. Also heat does this; though by randomness an ice cream cone left in the sun could refreeze itself this doesn’t happen as the heat generally spreads itself from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration making sure as if their was an invisible hand guiding it that is move towards a stable point.

That brings us towards the next scientific observation and more science mumbo jambo bore for the average reader, which is the equilibrium mechanism. This is the existence of two interchanging states wherein if one is too high it changes to the other and thus fluctuating until it reaches a stable point or equilibrium. Examples of this are: the market equilibrium with Supply and Demand; Dynamic Chemical equilibria in reversible reactions; and the Strong force-Electrostatic force equilibrium that keeps the nucleuses of the atoms that all matter is made of together. Way too beautiful and perfect to have randomly appeared out of nowhere.

This thread is mainly for those who are agnostic/atheist (and I hope there aren't many of them) and I have purposefully left out religious inputs/insights. Those of you who do believe, please feel free to use these thoughts, as I believe even the non-Muslim-born disbelievers could benefit from this.

Jazakallah kheir and Ramadan Kareem to everyone,

your for-once-serious fellow SOLer

GG

Originally posted by Somali'centric:

Oh GOD here we go again... :rolleyes:

smile.gif Hold your horses

Here is the thing! my neighbors are asking me to take them to mosque so that they can become Muslims.

here! somalis are wondering whether they Muslims or not! thats freaking nonsense.

wats going on! Wat the hell r they smoking? thats some good shyte to forget about your heritage! for sure

Abwaan   

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

Here is the thing! my neighbors are asking me to take them to mosque so that they can become Muslims.

here! somalis are wondering whether they Muslims or not! thats freaking nonsense.

wats going on! Wat the hell r they smoking? thats some good shyte to forget about your heritage! for sure

lol...rudy...waa adduunyo wareersan!

maxeeye ku wareereyen...iiwaran bal. i remember going to xamar when i was in 4th grade. i learned how to pray and it was the happiest time in my life. my life had a meaning. This lil 6 months that i spend there that correct my life forever when i witnessed who the hell that i am.... A real freaking human in planet earth!!

it gave me the direction that education never provided. even though if u see me though, u would go..hm. homie is another wsh(western shyt head)

There are brothers who go to work, who r pro with no big bread but r true moslims and r kol.

All they care about is their family and their somali country getting on the right foot to prosper all five somali nation people to become one and live forever in united way and prosper.

thats priceless! homie.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by G G:

Now I would like to talk to you about GOD and this world.

Which God? There are so many.

How do you think we came to be? Did we
really
evolve from monkeys as those textbooks tell us?

Where have you read those textbooks? No textbook in any accredited and reputable school teaches humans evolved from monkeys. Evolution Theory teaches us that we, humans, and monkeys have evolved from a common ape-like creature. And there is cornucopia of evidence supporting it unlike the creation myth found in Abrahamic religions.

Perhaps you should real science books.

Where is God

In the human imagination.

and is there any way we can prove His existence?

No, you can't prove the existence what doesn't exist.

BTW, in your second post you have touched on so many subjects that no coherent reply will do. Do you wanna pick a point or two and base your argument on them?

Also, one doesn't need to know anything about science, the origin of the universe or philosophy for one to reject any religion. This is because any believe system is judged based on its claims. Most religious claims are too absurd to be taken seriously, so I and others have no compulsion in rejecting them.

N.O.R.F   

Raamsade

Where have you read those textbooks? No textbook in any accredited and reputable school teaches humans evolved from monkeys. Evolution Theory teaches us that we, humans, and monkeys have evolved from a common
ape-like
creature.

:D

And there is cornucopia of evidence supporting it

PLEASE PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!

Khayr   

What most atheist say is: we just can't know. Fair enough but we can try to understand. What atheists don't seem to grasp is that God has existed indefinitely. He has always been there. By that infinite existence all conclusions of any action can be foretold, ergo the lord is omniscient.

As God is in existence, but has no specific location it is deductible that God is present in ALL LOCATION, thus He is omnipresent.

Great points, MashaAllah!

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

quote:

And there is cornucopia of evidence supporting it

PLEASE PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!
What type of evidence are you looking for? There's so much evidence for human evolution from varied fields as: paleontology (fossils), biochemistry, comparative anatomy, biogeography, genetics, comparative behavior and so on. Being asked such question makes me feel like the lone mosquito in a nudist colony... where do I start?!

I'm more than willing to adduce all the available evidence for human evolution with the caveat that you must also adduce evidence for Islam's Theory of Special Creation. It is only fair to test whether you can comply with the same standards you expect from others.