Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Are the so called somali community centres - isbaaroyinka qurbaha?

Muriidi   

solidarity with "my people" in somali warzone ?

i know a few people in my community who are afraid their houses might get bombed if they go out to the market for example.they live like they're still in mogadishu or baghdad.

babylon is a state of mind and not a place.

juma-nne   

sayid somal. that was a good question. I agree Somali communities in the diaspora have not achived their full potential. Having said that we cannot assume the reasons of their inefectivity or say incompetency. If you really want to know the real problem with these many Somali Communities running parallel to each other, you need to do some fact finding analysis.

In your analysiss you need to look into the following things.

1. The person or group running the organization

2.Their baground, Education, leadership and even some other relevant personal background.

3.The mission and and goal set for their organization.

4. Their day today activities.

Thir achievements.

5. Their members.

And any other relevant info. that you think would help you.

After collecting such info then the next step is to set up some survey questions. and with the experiene you got from you previous analysis, you can build a neat survey strategy. Involve the ordinary somali community members served by those community organizations. If you want you can also look into the well run community organizations that can act as benchmark to your survey analysiss. Otherwise you can conclude the problems with the Somali community after doing this.

Cawaale   

Originally posted by muriidi:

solidarity with "my people" in somali warzone ?

i know a few people in my community who are afraid their houses might get bombed if they go out to the market for example.they live like they're still in mogadishu or baghdad.

babylon is a state of mind and not a place.

living in your own world is worthy if you believe it gives you more security. i think the only way to get of this state of mind is to

direct the awesome power of your mind and subconscious mind to create the life you want with your Mind. indeed solidarity with your people!

:D

Sayid is discussing the community centres, not the people of the community! ;)

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal :

^Horta kalay - adigu maxaa ahayd? maxaase ka hadlaysa?

you gotta love this guy. too much philosophy eh. loll :D

SS. I have some thoughts regarding those community centres, and it would be against my morals to post specifics of what I came across while working in such centers but I can assure you one thing. They are the Isbaarooyina Quraha aka "Qalinshubato".

Originally posted by juma-nne:

sayid somal. that was a good question. I agree Somali communities in the diaspora have not achived their full potential. Having said that we cannot assume the reasons of their inefectivity or say incompetency. If you really want to know the real problem with these many Somali Communities running parallel to each other, you need to do some fact finding analysis.

In your analysiss you need to look into the following things.

1. The person or group running the organization

2.Their baground, Education, leadership and even some other relevant personal background.

3.The mission and and goal set for their organization.

4. Their day today activities.

Thir achievements.

5. Their members.

And any other relevant info. that you think would help you.

After collecting such info then the next step is to set up some survey questions. and with the experiene you got from you previous analysis, you can build a neat survey strategy. Involve the ordinary somali community members served by those community organizations. If you want you can also look into the well run community organizations that can act as benchmark to your survey analysiss. Otherwise you can conclude the problems with the Somali community after doing this.

i agree with presumption are the mother of all mistakes and it would be good idea to do a proper research with well defined objectives - but knowing the suspiciousness of our people, they would most definitely ask you "Ma waxaad rabta in aad macagayaga lacag ku qaadati?" and "haddaadan lacagta wax naga siin kuma cawineyno!". so before you even begin your research is dead in the water.

Cawaale do share please - just generic bits of it and what you thought the causes of that were.

Abwaan   

Sayid Somali Ilaahoow afka hakaa goyn...waxaase iigu yaab badan how they are being watched to do this and get away with it!