Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Newsflash - Time may not exist...Boohoo!

Johnny B   

Well, step aside everybody, its about 'TIME' Johnny takes some of your time.

Firstly, Time is a Concept, and a weird one at that. The evolution of time as we know it goes back to the Greeks ,

Aristotle after having anylized the subject found three fundmental problems that relate to time.

1: the existence of time

2: the connection of time and change

3: the problem of continuity

just as good Xiin Aristotle has the following to say

“So time is either change or some aspect of change; and since it is not change, it must be

some aspect of change”

and

“ …not only we measure the movement by the time, but also the time by the movement,

because they define each other”

Both Xiin and Aristotle were severly criticized by St. Augustine.

Reffering to the battle of Joshua against the Amorite he stated:

“Let no one tell me then that time is the movement of heavenly bodies. At a mans prayer the

sun stood still, so that the battle could be carried through to victory (Josh.10:12ff) the sun

stopped but time went on”

Then came Newton and pushed that criticism to another level by introducing the linear concept(absolute Time ).

From the Absolute time came the idea of the 'relative time' demosntrating that 'absolute time'is unmeasureable and 'simultaneity' fades away.

To that point some thousands of years elapsed, but it diden't take more than three years before the concept of 'timeSpace' took shape and were introduced with the following words "

„The view of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of

experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space

itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of

union of the two will preserve an independent reality” .

It took even less 'time' before the 'Dynamic time' was introduced , Yesterday i was reading about how a road in a little village in UK suddenly became a heavily trafficed spot becouse the GPS finds it the 'quickest' shortcut to a popular store,,the GPS takes into consideration that both the influence of motion and gravitational effects are relevant to 'TIME'. hence that village road.

We've to skip the 'Comsological time' becouse it takes us right back to Aristotle's ideas, so let me introsuce the 'UNIVERSAL TIME' .

A freind of mine thinks that to define both God or Time is to deny their existence.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

[quantum viewpoint of time:]

- Time is as real as the physical space you inhabit, but it's change is relative to the speed of the observer. The faster the observer moves, the slower the clock ticks. so at the singularity of a blackhole were matter (or what ever matter is in that location) moves at the speed of light, theory says, that time stops.

The funky bit is this, *if* time is a dimension like space and every bit of space exists now, then every bit of time also exits now. So the future, the present and the past .. well co-exist, now, yesterday and tomorrow... you get the idea.

So then what is constant or the crucial variable in the equation?

Hint: Think outside of the box

Xin,

Time is what's measured adeer, and its measurement is relative to the one doing the measuring

Pls explain what u meant by this statement. Just a little confused about it.

Aduun iyo aakhiro

those are very good questions and i will answer them, just as soon as i can .

khayr, i'm lost walaal, what box and what's outside it?

stoit   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Well, step aside everybody, its about 'TIME' Johnny takes some of your time.

Firstly, Time is a Concept, and a weird one at that. The evolution of time as we know it goes back to the Greeks ,

Aristotle after having anylized the subject found three fundmental problems that relate to time.

1: the existence of time

2: the connection of time and change

3: the problem of continuity

just as good Xiin Aristotle has the following to say
quote:

“So time is either change or some aspect of change; and since it is not change, it must be

some aspect of change”

and

“ …not only we measure the movement by the time, but also the time by the movement,

because they define each other”

Both Xiin and Aristotle were severly criticized by St. Augustine.

Reffering to the battle of Joshua against the Amorite he stated:

“Let no one tell me then that time is the movement of heavenly bodies. At a mans prayer the

sun stood still, so that the battle could be carried through to victory (Josh.10:12ff) the sun

stopped but time went on”

Then came Newton and pushed that criticism to another level by introducing the linear concept(absolute Time ).

From the Absolute time came the idea of the 'relative time' demosntrating that 'absolute time'is unmeasureable and 'simultaneity' fades away.

To that point some thousands of years elapsed, but it diden't take more than three years before the concept of 'timeSpace' took shape and were introduced with the following words
"

„The view of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of

experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space

itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of

union of the two will preserve an independent reality” .

It took even less 'time' before the 'Dynamic time' was introduced , Yesterday i was reading about how a road in a little village in UK suddenly became a heavily trafficed spot becouse the GPS finds it the 'quickest' shortcut to a popular store,,the GPS takes into consideration that both the influence of motion and gravitational effects are relevant to 'TIME'. hence that village road.

We've to skip the 'Comsological time' becouse it takes us right back to Aristotle's ideas, so let me introsuce the 'UNIVERSAL TIME' .

A freind of mine thinks that to define both God or Time is to deny their existence.
Is universal time not the same as time as measured by the movement of heavenly bodies as you quated above.

Time as measured by our clocks is time related to the movement of the planets around the sun as stated before by positive i think.

Imagine there were no sun and all was darkness ,holding all else equal, and communication was instantaneous like it is now. Then me in the uk and say someone in the us would count the same time ,since time counts instanses and that instanse we may be at different positions but we definately share that instanse.So then must we not count the same time down to the second. So then time as we now know is merely saying "the sun is at such an angle on its 360 aroung the earth or the earth around the sun, and nothing more in reality" i maybe wrong ALLAHU ACLAM.

Muriidi   

time and space are two seperate entities,not a continuum.

matter exists in relative space and absolute time

energy exists in absolute space and relative time

matter will disappear with time

energy will disperse in space

matter can travel through space

can energy travel through time?!

the trivial solution being petrol coming from dinosaurs..

as soon as we have perfected our factories and automated our transport system,we will get rid of all watches ...

good old "diiq" and athan will take care of the rest!

Muriidi   

in mogadishu/xamar busses come every 5 minutes and no one needs a watch,

in berlin or tokyo subway trains come every 2 or 3 minutes..no one needs a watch .

nuune   

^^^ Muriidi, what do you say about dark matter and dark energy?

Hatu, those thigns can work without watches my friend, just look deep down into the real world!

Muriidi   

well being dark, it means they reflect all light and thus can't be good...

black is good ,it absorbs all the light...

white clothes reflect all the light...that's bad..so when you see someone dressed in white,you think"take those evil light reflecting clothes off and show me your nice light absorbing black body"

but i read some in wikipedia and ..those theories seem to have been developed by "shakespear reading,secretly salman rushdie adimiring people"

not to be believed ,but may provide comfort for those who refuse to be muslim.

1- it's assuming that the universe is in a constant measurable state.

2- it's assuming that "we" humans mean something more than other creatures that fill the universe

but anything that reflects light is dark,the brighter it shines ,the darker it is in its essence.

so the moon we see is actually dark..?

that's assuming it is in a constant measurable state.

should we behave like the moon towards the sun and reflect its light?be dark .

or should we behave like clorophyl and absorb its light?

we can do both,which means we are not in a constant state...why should the rest of the universe be so static.

but i know a little about antimatter. the prefix anti- makes it absurd which if you introduce it in a physical process causes confusion and thus you have spaceship fuel,but no metal good enough to build the ship.

why confusion in a physical process creates fuel:

take any basic element x and introduce the concept of antimatter.

the computer will ask itself what is anti- ? and will come up with an infinite possiblities for x

still looking for anti- but never finding it,which gives you fuel for an infinite amount of time and distance.

why?

what do you know about dark energy & dark matter ?

nuune   

^^ Not much about da dark energy and dark matter, but an abti of mine who is very much into this field was explainin one time to me about all this, and the antimatter as well, and I didn't had a clue of what he was saying, too much concept, theory and logic all combined together, it was confusin at da time, not to mention the quantum mechanic he was obsessed with.

Haatu   

Nuune, Muriidi

I'm still lost sxbayaal. You'll need to explain this simply. What has not needing watches got to do with transport :confused: :confused:

SeeKer   

Maybe its the abstract thought that physicist employ when they discuss matter and anti matter. I keep checking on the CERN lab every once in a while to see how their experiment is coming along.

nuune   

^^ Seeker, I am now working on a project about CERN in my uni, have u seen my topic in general about the Hadron Collider.

Still no time to test the experiment, but I will keep updating here Hadron Collider, the BIG BANG

Hatu, just imagine, when was the first time you had a watch!

SeeKer   

You are either writing a dissertation or making those poor grad/post grad students do your work for you :D:D

I will keep my eyes on your thread for updates.

Haatu   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ Seeker, I am now working on a project about CERN in my uni, have u seen my topic in general about the Hadron Collider.

Still no time to test the experiment, but I will keep updating here

Hatu, just imagine, when was the first time you had a watch!

Since i was little!!! What on Earth are you two talking about :confused: :confused: