Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

The Arabs have destroyed Somalis

First of all what a disgusting thread started by a disgusting person, just look at his sig:

A hairy arab coward in a cave is not my leader.

That is how low they are.

This alone shows that he's racist against Arabs (Why?). Do you really think they have time to make a conspiracy against the Somalis? Just look at what's going on in the region (Iran, Iraq, Palestinian situation, al-Qaeda, etc.).

Claiming that Somalis haven't got anything to do with Arabs is BS, just look at our societies in the West, Somalis hang out with Arabs after Somalis, but almost never Pakistanis, Bengalis etc. Showing that there is some cultural link between us. Just look at what we eat, Malawax = Yemen, Xalwo = Omanian (I've seen it), Sambuusah = Arabian Peninsula (they took it from India). Aswell as what we wear (Macawiis = Yemen).

Just because you got bullied by Arabs doesn't make us anti-Arab, nice try.

Somalis destroyed Somalia.

To be fair to him. about 80% of what Peacenow said was right. We have had cultural influences from Arabs that has just served us very very badly. It's a miserable life and who is to blame....Arabs.

Somalia is african=no vision.Doesn't matter which african country has gov't;none can feed itself or will come into the world stage.They all beggars & losers.THE CURSE OF BEING BLACK!!!!

DEBEDAAN JOOGA.

Ismalura   

Ah ! The irony of this thread; the irony of our lives.

Look at all these people complaining that the Arabs are erasing our culture whilst speaking English. Of course they are erasing our culture but you want to know who else is eresing it? Everyone;most importantly you and I. majority of us have Arabic names and speak English even though we could have translated the names in to Somali and speak Af Somali.

Balan baan baan qaaday in aan ilmaheyga u bixinayo magacyo Somali asal ah. Marar badana waxaan ku fikiray in Facebook iyo SOL ba ku hadlo Af Somali lakiin I feel like it is a losing battle redface.gif

Finally, I have to leave my culture and follow some one else's I would rather follow a Muslim one :rolleyes: .

nuune   

^^ What counts is the niyo(dhaqanku waa waxa kala saaro qawmiyadaha, and frankly, dhaqan suubanoo wacan waan leenahay ee anagaa dayacney), so xariga adkeyso, awrkana dabarka la ogow

the arabs bring to somalia, what we call al-khawarij and they are funding them to kill other somalis, without their influence the al-khawaarij won't have a chance to to do all these evil actions which they claimed a fundamental islamic rules...

rajabeeto lama xiran karo iyo indhashareerka waa jib waaye,,, indha shareerka waa arab culture and it doesnt have nothing to do with the islam,,, so arabs think that islam belongs to them and some ignorent somalis think the same,,, therefore whatever arabs does is islam which is totally ****** and naive..

in some ways arabs destroyed somalia more than we somalis did... for example the education system which arabds force to teach the arab curriculum. and teaching us al-qaeda and backing the westren to implement their visions...

anyway nobody loves somalia, unless we love our country and somalia will remain the same deep problems forever if the somalis don't solve their problems by them selves.... whether we blame arabs or western or afrikans,, which all they took apart to destroy and keep somalia in the civil war... at the end its up to us and ultimate what we do is only matters..

peace and love

it's somalis who come back with wardrobe after laboring couple years in the gulf that destroyed our culture & help propel fundamentalists.Why always when black & otha civilizations meet,the black gives in.

Look deeply ,there were few arabs in our country & left behind so many arab words in our language,but to the contrary,there were more somalis in Aden/Gulf & you won't find a single somali word in their language.

The lighter the better..BLACK MAN'S MOTTO!!!

that's wat destroyed egyptian civilization...giving in long before the enemy is at the gate..cos they LITER

Nina Fox   

Another blame, another day. Somalis must be these golden creatures (one of a kind rare species) that everyone is conspiring against. The only conspiracy that is working against us is our backward mentality. We are quick to blame Uganda, Arabs, Al-Shabab, Bush, Museveni, Ethiopia, Burundi, CNN, Castro's dead grandmother,,,,the list is endless.

*When are we going to accept our weaknesses and be accountable for our frivolous actions against ourselves?

*When are we going to stand for reality and abolish these miserable excuses?

*When are we going to acknowledge our own mistakes and work towards a better solution?

As you were.........................................................

Peacenow has got a point. Arab culture now in not islamic and that in truth malaysia and indonesia are more islamic when everthing is taken into account. Arab as well as Somalis need to throw away their culture, tribalism and racism and remember the prophet farewell speech. They need to make the changes that happened in arab society then. Arabs are regressing to jahiliyya and so are we. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of Arabs and Somalis became pagans.

Polanyi   

London2010;404567 wrote:
To be fair to him. about 80% of what Peacenow said was right. We have had cultural influences from Arabs that has just served us very very badly. It's a miserable life and who is to blame....Arabs.

lol. what a loser. London2010 is peacenow. ha ha.

Aabida   

You seem really anti-arab, which i think is quite laughable in itself. As much as you think 'they' have destroyed us, your missing the fact that our prophet (saw) is arab, infact in your way of thinking, this dilution can go back to him after all he sent his companions who were being prosecuted by the quraysh to ethiopia and it was through them that islam was introduced to East africa.

Some of the points you've mentioned such as free-mixing are basic fundamentals of islam, mingling with the other gender brings fawahish and with that comes sin. Why do you think Allah tells us not to go near zina, because once you are near it, it's hard to turn back from! With the way women are dressed at somali weddings all made up and smelling nice you can see how this is trangressing the boundaries of 'being near'

your other point of so called "hatred" is again another fundamental part of islam, It is part of our faith to reject any other religion except islam, infact all other religions adopt this way of thinking, all religions denounce the faith of others, this isn't a new concept. Also your point on oppression of women, the somali culture historically has always been opressive to women. Women who got divorced had to leave their children behind simply because they were financially unfit. Women had to work extremely hard whilst the men mostly did simple things such herding goats, housework was defintely not split evenly. Also it was seen as morally correct to beat your wife!

the somali language is like any other language that will undergo language change it's inevitable.The more contact a language has with another the more it will change and there's nothing to stop it, i think you views that the language is being raped and adultered is exteremly far fetched. Pidgins and creoles were the only languages in history, where people were forced to learn a new language and adapt, from what i've seen no one is forcing somalis to learn another language!

Raamsade   

Aabida;786989 wrote:
your other point of so called "hatred" is again another fundamental part of islam, It is part of our faith to reject any other religion except islam, infact all other religions adopt this way of thinking, all religions denounce the faith of others, this isn't a new concept. Also your point on oppression of women, the somali culture historically has always been opressive to women. Women who got divorced had to leave their children behind simply because they were financially unfit. Women had to work extremely hard whilst the men mostly did simple things such herding goats, housework was defintely not split evenly. Also it was seen as morally correct to beat your wife!

So, hatred for others is part and parcel of Islam? All these years Islamic apologists were busy peddling to the world the mantra that Islam is all about peace and love. Was all that just a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Kafirs? Don't worry yours truly was always iffy about them apologists; I'm always suspicious of anyone who is so full of himself and his side. But I know alot of well-meaning Western Liberals bought that "Islam is peace" mantra hook, line and sinker much to the detriment of their foreign policy vis-a-vis the Islamic world.

And you're absolutely wrong about Somali women. I once read somewhere that before Islam arrived on Somali shores, Somalis were matriarchal society. This is highly probably given that we're black African people and in traditional black African societies, matriarchy is the norm. Regardless, we always treated our women better than Arab societies. Islam has been in Somali peninsula for at least a 1000 years and in that whole time not one single lactating Somali mother was every stoned to death for adultery, or lashed, or amputated, or forced to don alien sounding outfits like chador, hijab, niqab, etc. In fact, our women braided their hair, wore guntiino or other traditional clothes and roamed freely and broadly on the Somali peninsula. Our mothers (mid-1980s and earlier), grandmothers, great grandmothers, great great grandmothers, going back hundreds of years never wore Hijab or Niqab or Burqa or whatever Arab dress that is in vogue nowadays. Question for you: were they kafirs for not wearing Niqabs/Hijabs/Burqas?

Raamsade;788882 wrote:
So, hatred for others is part and parcel of Islam? All these years Islamic apologists were busy peddling to the world the mantra that Islam is all about peace and love. Was all that just a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Kafirs? Don't worry yours truly was always iffy about them apologists; I'm always suspicious of anyone who is so full of himself and his side. But I know alot of well-meaning Western Liberals bought that "Islam is peace" mantra hook, line and sinker much to the detriment of their foreign policy vis-a-vis the Islamic world.

And you're absolutely wrong about Somali women. I once read somewhere that before Islam arrived on Somali shores, Somalis were matriarchal society. This is highly probably given that we're black African people and in traditional black African societies, matriarchy is the norm. Regardless, we always treated our women better than Arab societies. Islam has been in Somali peninsula for at least a 1000 years and in that whole time not one single lactating Somali mother was every stoned to death for adultery, or lashed, or amputated, or forced to don alien sounding outfits like chador, hijab, niqab, etc. In fact, our women braided their hair, wore guntiino or other traditional clothes and roamed freely and broadly on the Somali peninsula. Our mothers (mid-1980s and earlier), grandmothers, great grandmothers, great great grandmothers, going back hundreds of years never wore Hijab or Niqab or Burqa or whatever Arab dress that is in vogue nowadays. Question for you: were they kafirs for not wearing Niqabs/Hijabs/Burqas?

don't you sound foolish here!!

do you have one?