Sign in to follow this  
commonsense

Why lie about your age?

Please could someone explain to me why ppl Somalis in particular lie about their age.

I met this girl three years ago and she was 29 years old. Today i'm three years older than i was then, but she is still 29 years old.Why????

It does not matter if i'm 50 years old, I will never lie about it.

Wiseman   

Illogical,

"You never talk about women to their age with all sort of reasons", That is acommensence. You waseted 50 odd year in this world and you even cann't use small head.

please chose another subject and I hope I will be the onlyone who reply this because it is a none-sence.

Wiseman   

Wiseman is a man of respect and reverge humen dignity, So bro I don't disclame anything that I am not but I see were are you coming from. you use cheap example rather you say i am old and Need youger women.

Hibo   

Don't you know, most Somalis probably were born in Badiyo so there's no way of them knowing exactly their true age. lol.

Anyway, I think they got issues. Why lie about age? am also curious.

------------------

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Almighty can stand up to anything."

A wiseman never assumes ones gender and age.

This isn't a battle bro, relax.

Just answer the question, if you don't know the answer, it doesn't hurt to say so.

Tamina the folks i'm refering to know when they were born, but choose to lie about it instead, so irritating.

Hibo   

i have a friend who was 23 four or five years ago.....IF YOU ASK HIM NOW...HE IS STILL 23....and i thought it was only girls that lie about their age....just makes you wonder

p.s commonsense when they lie to ya just say oh i'm still the same age too DUH!!!

------------------

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

--Eleanor Roosevelt

Wiseman, ridiculing each other's post and personal attacks aren't the nomad way here. I think you owe commonsense an apology. Maybe I misunderstood ya.

commonsense's post was a legit and thoughtful one I think.

you are the wiseman of this forum, aren't ya? biggrin.gif

one love

Hibo   

Libaax, that mighty decent of ya .... how sweet

lol I think wiseman thinks commonsense is a lad .. an old lad lol (sorry I don't mean to laugh at this)

I have thirty plaus old cousin .. who insists on being 25 .. am like cool... u wanna be 25, you are 25.

I think some people, just have a negative self image.... in our society we place a lot emphasis on age and achievment .. i.e a girls needs to be married by a certain age.. u oughta be working by a certain age etc.

I really don't see that point in liying... somebody somehwere knows Ur real age and it's not as if people care is it.... but oh well, waa iska xaal aduun.

However, I just remembered I was reading this interesting article today .. about ageing and how to beat it (some ppl are weird like that). Anyways, it said (this is for the oldies btw 50+) if choose a particulare age and tell ya brain that your that age and cosntantly repeat that to yourself, then your brain send signals to your body, which in return will start to feel as young as the age youv'e picked and hence function they it does at that age. I am not entirely, convinced but hey, it give some hope to those craving their youth.

I say your as old as you feel .... me feels like a 5 year old .... and me likes that .. then i remember all the bills that i gota pay ..... do U think, i can get away with it if I told them I was 5?

hmmmmmm

cwm37.gif

lol @ Common....

Yeah I wonder that too myself sometimes..I guess it has to do with Low self-esteem, not everyone lies about it and it's not woman only cuz believe it or not I've seen men who have issues with age too....

Anyway for a woman....Add 4yrs to whatever age she gave you... wink.gif and you'll get her real age...

For a Man? take 5yrs from his age...They always add On years...don't know why that is?

Ma'salaama

A 50 yr. old woman <<..........

Hibo   

Yeh, how about the common birthdays - January 01, July 01 Some of them forget what they told you last, and pick a whole new b/day each time that convo comes up.

It amuses me really how we contradict ourselves - We pray for Long Live (Cimri Dheer) and yet don't want to grow old? How does that work.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Hibo   

Forgot to add one of my fav. quotes:

Its a Mandatory to Grow Old - and an option to Grow Up.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Just to add my own two cents some people beleive that youth is synomous with beauty/good looks, therefore they pick an age and stay that age I think thats why some people lie about their age

Buubto   

personally it cracks me up when I see an old lady same age as my mother refused to be called eedo or habaryar lol. This old man who is 70+ came here as 40 something, so is hard 4 him to live on welfare since he is middle age man, social security ordered him to work, & the guy can’t barely speak English nor move lol. Why lie simply tell the truth.

I think is an option 4 us Somalis to stop calling elders uncle, auntie we could simply call them their names, like the westerns do since the majority of them have phobia to it. I know we do it as a respect, but wat can we do if the majority of them twist-minded

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)