Baashi

For the geeks, the nerds, and the curious

Baashi   

Next on NOVA: "The Elegant Universe: Welcome to the 11th Dimension"

"The series host says we may not be smart enough to ever fully

understand the universe, he'd like to know now if string theory

is wrong, and more."

http://www.pbs.org/nova/elegant

Broadcast: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 8 p.m. (Repeat)

(NOVA airs Tuesdays on PBS at 8 p.m. Check your local listings as

dates and times may vary.)

^^Thanks Baashi! I love these stuff. Although I am perfectly fine with my simple understanding of the origins of the world, yet I am interested to know what others think; what good would humans be without curiosity?

Johnny B   

Thanks (Garaad)Bashi, It is true that the Theory of Everything (TOE) as we call it nails it's feet on the microscopic level just where the other two it unifies collide, there things get into the loop of vibrating strings, all the while the diffrent naming of it becouse it has it's feet on a reconciliation between the quantum and relativity theoroies.

Neither geek nor Nerd , just curious, aren't all the particles in the System Xiin zero-dimensional point ?

If The String Theory turns out to be wrong then my Abtio's slogan whenever he beated me in Chess " waa biciid jabano ban yurara" is substantiated. :D

:D:D @waa biciid jabano ban yurara.

Waryaa JB marra waaxidah :D ! I didn't know you could throw Somali maah-maah in to the mix!

Programku waa habeen danbe ee yuu ku dhaafin saaxiib, and don't forget to report what you think about Brains performance!

Baashi   

Waa biciid jabanoo ban yuurara! Innaba caadi ma aha abtigaa :D

Now what does that mean my boy JB? Do u understand the gist of that phrase?

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Waa biciid jabanoo ban yuurara! Innaba caadi ma aha abtigaa
:D

Now what does that mean my boy JB? Do u understand the gist of that phrase?

Yes my Garaad, i think i do understand that gist.

It is something in the direction of " there you are, helpless and weak, waiting to be defeated".

He used to say that whenever he thought he was in a winner position, speciallÿ when leading with a piece or two and had some sort of advantage.

If i'm off the mark , please do help. :D

Baashi   

^good for you awoowe. Glad to hear that u keeping it real ;)

Now tell me JB boy, can you converse in nomad lingo with ur fellow nomads? If ur answer is affirmative then we gotta have a helluva convo...on philosophy, on theology, on science, and what not. The king and I mean the SOL royalty the one and the only Philospher King aka Mutakalim will be present, I hope, and his presence will keep us from stepping on the khatif landmine for the jungle we are about to enter is full of landmines.

What u think sonny? Do we have a deal?

Johnny B   

Garaad, I sure can understand someone who uses "noh" in every other sentence of his Somali to an extent but i don't think i can parttake a discussion of a densy subjec in Somali lingo.

JB's language arsenal looks like ,Somali through parents, Swedish through enviroment,scholing,living etc etc, English, French and Latin through Swedish through school.

We can roll on Somali lingo as long as it can word our thoughts noh?

JB, adeer, gudcurkii miyaad weli gacantogaalaynaysaa. :D Adeer, af soomali ku dood, nooh laynine. I would not mind observing Baashi and yourself engaged in a scholarly discussion about a whole host of discplines, from philosophy and sceince, to religion and prophetology, punctuated by poetic interludes, should the discussion come to an impasse.

Though Baashi has proved less than capable in cyber debatements, I am sure he would take you to task in a real time discussion.

Faylasuufow, adeer, pay no attention to the orthodox dogmatist who discourages skepticsim; in the same vein, do not be beguiled by the shameless sophist who dwells in the wasteland of unmitigated skepticism.

P.S. Will anyone summarise the content of the program for us?

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

Sure, no problem. In a nutshell, the world is one big grand illusion. Don't be anchoring your philosophical ship at any dock anytime soon. What you think you knew is only the tip of the iceberg.

More to come once I watch the program.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

Faylasuufow, adeer, pay no attention to the orthodox dogmatist who discourages skepticsim; in the same vein, do not be beguiled by the shameless sophist who dwells in the wasteland of
unmitigated skepticism

Mutakalimow Adeer, thanks for the wise-words , and was it not for your valueable words i'd not consider Bashi (my Graad) a formidable contender, not becouse he proved to be less than capable in cyber debatements but he promised to join me for a "fika" and never showed up. :(

Fika for life

Graad Bashow , Odagi mar hadad kentay meel an kaga baxsanayo uma jeedo noh.

Gradow horta cilmi iyo falsafadi halkoda ha ahaden, lakin shirib ma taqaan?

" Miney faturo fiq tira ninki fadhayo ma fiyow "

Seriously Grad Bashow, is Somali so rich that it could cover all those ingenious, mystical and helluv(a)ous but never hellacious thoughts of yours that you'll need to paint ? mise ana i bacsane noh?

I could be wrong but the general hint is "Somaligu waa yaryahay", but i'm all in for learning all you got in store for me.

Wa ku kaa Graad!!

JeyBiiyoow, Garaad Baashi adiguu ku baacsanayaaye yac dheh. :D

Balse haddaad rabto inaad "mystical" angle af-Soomaaliga ka fiiriso, dhagayso philosopher Xirsi Magan (Ayaan Xirsi's father) and his radio program.

Here is one classic I love.

Bardacad & Laaska Daawada -- His take on Mudug/reer Mudug ... oh how relevent this is today in Somali politics.

"Illeyn goor horey ahayd inaan samada telefoon u dirsanno". - Xirsi Magan