Sign in to follow this  
Naden

In Slave Mothers and Swinging Buttocks

Originally posted by naden:

I agree with the notion as well that the end of times as expressed in the revelation is unknown. Personally,
I don't think it matters much
. What is important for humans is to live, grow, create, and explore as much of their world as possible.
Who cares about the end?
I worry that a philosophy that finds any enjoyment of life and living in the present disdainful is the force behind the emphasis on 'signs' and what not.

"Who cares about the end?" :confused:

I most certainly care about the end. I care for what happens to me after I die. You want humans to "live, grow, create and explore." But you forgot "die." After all those activities you mentioned, there comes a time for each one of us to die. The ultimate question I would ask myself after I die is: "What was life about?" There must be an order and purpose to existence. Or do you think that all of this world is for absolutely no purpose?

Originally posted by naden:

When questions about faith or belief arise, I try to approach it with an open mind. I think it is the least that I could do as it is undoubtedly one of the strongest influences in my outlook on life. As for ahadeeth and their authenticity,
it is not so important

You graduated from "who cares about the end?" to another classic: "ahadeeth...is not so important." Next to the Noble Qur'an, ahadeeth is the second most important source of Islamic belief and ideology. Therefore, the authenticity of ahadeeth is very, very important because the sayings and traditions (ahadeeth) of Prophet Muxammad (scw) must be reported correctly. Those sayings and traditions help guide believers to the Islamic Way of Life.

Since you told us what you dont care about and what you don't consider important, I have 2 questions to ask: What do you care for? And what do you consider "important"?

Originally posted by codetalker:

There
must
be an order and purpose to existence.

Must? Who's feeding you this horse crap?

Or do you think that all of this world is for absolutely no purpose?

Why must the world have a purpose? Rather than reason to your question, you simply insert it based purely on pressumption -- that the world must have a purpose.

BTW, we discussed this subject already haven't we? Or am I experiencing De Javu?

ElPunto   

^The swinging buttocks should knock you out too. Although - with you - I'm not sure you wouldn't enjoy it all the same.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

Although - with you - I'm not sure you wouldn't enjoy it all the same.

Of course I'd enjoy it... to be open with you it's one of my perpetual carnal fantasies: to be bounced around like ping pong by bevy of butt swinging dames.

I thought that was universal male fantasy. :(

Castro   

^ The buttocks are, not getting knocked out by them. And what's with the hijacking of the topic fellas?

Naden, what have you learned? Teach my lazy behind something. I'm about to go into hibernate mode. Hurry up.

Naden   

Codetalker,

I believe humans, no matter their faith, are aware of their mortality and ponder what will happen to them in the afterlife in some religions or whether they will come back as house plants in others. As they can only control their behaviour in the present and have little knowledge of the end, the greater emphasis should always be living as deliberately as possible in this one life they have. The 'not so important' remark was in reply to Castro's question about my belief in the authenticity of the hadeeth. It was not relevant in this discussion.

In regards to what I deem important or care about, that is not something to be concerned about and no cause for me indulge. If you're asking about my convictions or motivations, they must be clear from the questions (even if they seem banal or rhetorical to some). I assure you they are not seditious.

LOL @ SB & ThePoint

Naden   

Castro,

I’ve only found a few things about the tribe of Daus but not enough to shed light on their significance and link to the ‘hour’. They were a fairly strong tribe and their Dhil-Khalasa place of worship was referred to as Ka’aba Al-Yamaniyeh. Interestingly, they had a noted poet, Tufail bin ‘Amr Ad-Dausi , who had contact with the prophet (csw) and embraced Islam. More reading in these early tribes is in order.

A little off topic but I found the following curious:

(Sura 31, Verse 34)

Surely Allah is He with Whom is the knowledge of the hour, and He sends down the rain and He knows what is in the wombs; and no one knows what he shall earn on the morrow; and no one knows in what land he shall die; surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

Narrated Ibn Umar: The Prophet said,

"The keys of the unseen are five and none knows them but Allah: (1) None knows what is in the womb, but Allah: (2) None knows what will happen tomorrow, but Allah; (3) None knows when it will rain, but Allah; (4) None knows where he will die, but Allah (knows that); (5) and none knows when the Hour will be established, but Allah." (Book 93, Number 476)

Notice any similarities? Could the hadith simply have been a recitation and/or explanation of the verse? What has struck me in the above two is the change in wording. There are a couple of versions closer to the Quran which also reference the verse.

In the Quranic verse, it says ‘he knows what is in the wombs’. In the hadith, it says ‘none knows what is in the wombs but Allahâ€. I have seen many a Muslim website where befuddled people are wondering about this hadith and asking the scholars what to make of today’s ultrasound and other imaging technology. The answers are always creative but I’ve yet to come across one that presents the possibility that the narrators of the hadith could have simply heard the verse recited and/or explained. The Quranic verse states that God knows what is in the wombs but not to the exclusion of others as it is arranged linguistically. The land where we die, on the other hand, points to an exclusive knowledge by God as the future, we believe from the Quran, is in the ghaib or ‘unseen’.

There is some clarity I find in how the verses explain what is in the realm of the 'unseen' as shown in this verse: 20.015 Lo! the Hour is surely coming. But I will to keep it hidden, that every soul may be rewarded for that which it striveth (to achieve). 'Sudden' and 'keep it hidden', I think, put the knowledge of it in the unseen. The signs, on the other hand, are a little less clear but perhaps could be studied in relation to verses in the Quran.

Zafir   

Naden, Could have the prophet (scw) repeated what was in the qur’an to simplify things for his followers, hence the narrator narrates what was said by the prophet (scw) then.

Likelihood don’t you think? But I do agree that every answer originates from the holly book.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

Although - with you - I'm not sure you wouldn't enjoy it all the same.

Of course I'd enjoy it... to be open with you it's one of my perpetual carnal fantasies: to be bounced around like ping pong by bevy of butt swinging dames.

I thought that was universal male fantasy.
:(
You can't enjoy anything if you're knocked out. But then some ppl are into being knocked about more than then they're into any parts of the female anatomy. icon_razz.gif

I have a feeling I might be off topic, But I thought I would summit my 2 cent useless facts or norms I believe in.

I have a dear nephew which is fixated on God. This is becoz, every saturday morning, some old ruggdy lovely old man in a twinset comes to doctrinerm educate his class about the basic fundamentals about the whole religion.

I have No quibble about these so called sessions, which seem to consist mainly on what's good and bad about religion at hand in discussion. Which is fine, I personally, am not a subscriber to the whole Believe-in- religion or Burn in the fiery-pits deal of hell. But I am more than Happy for my future kids and those I tend to lead in to a bright future to learn about a religion that has played such a formative role in human History.

Besides Most kids I know of or have come acrossed in real life are fascinated about the whole believe factor.

The other Day I had a friend's child who asked me a tricky existenial Conversational with the question that naturally follows such a surprising revelation such as where is God? as a curious child would Love to know? and when is this Mighty God coming his way to meet or visit!

and even tricker did this all mighty God Mad all these plants and planets in this universe and also put all these poeple in earth!

If I was absolutely sure of the answers myself, Life would be significantly simpler, No I would say, : only superstitious halfwits with a desperate need to feel validated think that God made everything. But instead I came up with some useless wishy -washy crap 2 piece cent about poeple believing diffrerent things and everybody being entitled to their own own points of viwe Blah Blah liberal View.

which infact I should Have informed the 5 yr old nephey child on the signs elements and to watch out for the swinging butts and what have You on the list to make it to the cut

Originally posted by opportunist:

...only superstitious
halfwits
with a desperate need to feel validated think that God made everything.

Nice! :D

I wonder what percent of the human race you just insulted.

-Lily-   

Sudden could be explained that in a way to convey that a person was not ready for death or did not expect it, I mean who is ever ready for it?

I believe the hour is when you personaly die, I suppose your world ends then, no? As for me, a lot of those signs have already come true, but regardless of the hour or not, I know for a fact I'm going to die. So everyone will experience their own personal End.