Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Sometimes I hate being a woman

Nephissa   

I love being a woman, the apodictic of beauty. God's true masterpiece.

The child making issues? Men cant carry/suckle a child & women cant produce sperm and father a child either. One is a mother the other a father, so in that way I think it is balanced.

On a site note, why do Somalida think a boy to look like a girl is degrading, as if being a girl is degrading. Hence its ok for a woman to want to strive to be a man in gender or work because it will be seen as an achievement or an 'upgrade' but not acceptable for a man to want to be like a woman? :mad:

Hence its ok for a woman to want to strive to be a man in gender or work because it will be seen as an achievement or an 'upgrade' but not acceptable for a man to want to be like a woman?

What do you mean like a woman? I myself have never seen anything more disgusting than a man acting like a woman. Sickens me to my stomach. Esp. The ones who cry and giggle and they they are being sensitive. I feel embarassed for them walahi.

Aqas! *spits*

Tuujiye   

Yarta Bishaaro, warkaada cadee nooh..

ninmoo naag maa ka hadleysaa mise mid qabta hoolaha loogu talagalay dumarka?

Their is nothing with a man being a house father (staying home and taking care of the kids), well to me aslong as the wife is making lots of money more than me.. But if you talking about men being like women, dress,act,talk and walk like a woman, well kaas oo kale waa la dili lahaa.kaaaaaaaaaw!!

I think all woman should be very happy of being a woman because allah discribed y'all special ways...

wareer badanaa!!

Nephissa   

The point is our society have put down women and are saying 'masculine criteria is the best, indeed only thing to judge by, feminine criteria is second class >> useless' rather than highlighting our individual strengths.

When I said a man to act like a woman is degrading in our society, it didn't mean to have him wear dirac,walk, or as you may've put it cry/giggle like a woman, but interms of our intelligence, ability:- supportive, decisive, and strong. If men acted more like women this world would have been a better one for sure. So, just give women their props!

HEY

I grew up with 4 bro's and i been around with guys all my life...it's true that we get all that just being a women but at the same time if we look at the other hand guy may not give birth,cook etc...but we depend on them especially when you know that you're somalian and if you have bro you dont get to do anything i have a brother who is 23yrs old and he is only 2yrs older than me but what he does i cant do he takecare of the family,housebill he make sure that everything is in control and he is a fulltime student where he will graduate the fall inshalah and is just hard but bottom line is when it comes to female and male to go we the same but in these world we compare each other in a way that we are not equal... so ama say that we should thank god for giving us guys in these kinda world.

Wiilo   

Good piont Mombasa Queen

But why don't we say that they need us (Women) as much as we need them (Men) period.

Go figure:..............

Originally posted by -Femme Fatale-:

quote: Hence its ok for a woman to want to strive to be a man in gender or work because it will be seen as an achievement or an 'upgrade' but not acceptable for a man to want to be like a woman?

What do you mean like a woman? I myself have never seen anything more disgusting than a man acting like a woman. Sickens me to my stomach. Esp. The ones who cry and giggle and they they are being sensitive. I feel embarassed for them walahi.

Aqas! *spits*
This is the only historic time I ever agree with Femme Fatale, who happen to be my worst enemy of words! :D Sax waan kugu raacsanahay eedo.

HONEY-D   

being a woman is tough but i wouldn't have it any other way i love the challenge it makes us stronger and unique which is why men feel Intimidated by women they are incompetent and that pisses them off. icon_razz.gif

stickievix

Originally posted by HONEY-D:

being a woman is tough but i wouldn't have it any other way i love the challenge it makes us stronger and unique which is why men feel Intimidated by women they are incompetent and that pisses them off.
icon_razz.gif

stickievix

*Just curious, What percentage of you said the above usless remark? the 49% or the 51%?. come to think of it, thats a classic case of indecisivness from women. cant even figure out if they are 100% or not.

*wsup!*

J.Lee   

Originally posted by Wilo:

Never had that Experience of grewing up as a gal or women. I wish i did
:D:D
Of course I know how to behavior as a women now, but Iam lacking the experience, I grew up with a lots of boys....

LoL, You telling me, I grew up with 7 boys and thought I was one until puberty hit though I haven't yet to manage how to behave as a woman should sometimes.

Back to the topic,History has shown how difficult it is to be born a women. In arabia, pre-Islam they used to bury their daughters alive because they were born a female, and to this day Arabs (some) still harbor the same disdain toward women and try to justify their cultural beliefs and abdominable acts (Dad slits daughters throat) through Islam.

Also, at point in your life you would be judged unfairly, subjected to ridicule and degraded because You're a woman, that would be a given but in my opinion I think being a woman is a blessing and even Allah said in his Quran,"your heaven lies beneath the feet of your mother", what greater gift can be bestowed on a Woman than that.

To answer your Question, In Islam I think women and men both share the feeling of in betweeness especially those growing up in a western society, being exposed to different ideals and beliefs instead of One unanamious belief where we to live in Somalia. However, how unprejudiced Islam may be, I have found somali culture is more tolerent and more accepting of Males than females.

For example,If A girl was to get pregnant out of wedlock, she'd be branded a wh!re, Sl!t and a B!tch while shaming her family in the process and if that girl was to say "ahmed" is the baby's father, he could easily claim that it isn't his and due to her promiscuous nature (her pregnancy being undaunted proof)she could of slept with alot of men and probably doesn't know who the father is when in actuality the baby is his or even if he says it is his and decides to marry her, they'll applaud his sacrifice in shackling himself with a "Wh@re" even though he is to blame also.

i have the quran, my mom's wisdom, my father and brothers protection,a great and continuing education and the love of a good somali man, i say alxamdulilaah and live happily ever after

Sweetheart :D , Besbaaso Macaanto :D The concept of "living happily ever after" is as fictitious as Aesop's Fables. A good somali man kulahaa, I guess we both know where you'd be filing your taxes this year Honey :D

juba   

Originally posted by HONEY-D:

being a woman is tough but i wouldn't have it any other way i love the challenge it makes us stronger and unique which is why men feel Intimidated by women they are incompetent and that pisses them off.
icon_razz.gif

stickievix

you couldn't have said it better!

HONEY-D   

Originally posted by *Chauvinist*:

quote:Originally posted by HONEY-D:

icon_razz.gif

stickievix

*Just curious, What percentage of you said the above usless remark? the 49% or the 51%?. come to think of it, thats a classic case of indecisivness from women. cant even figure out if they are 100% or not.

*wsup!*
I thought it was 100% of me until you pointed out how indecisive women are. :rolleyes:

i don't know what is worse living up to your nick (Chauvinist)or getting too emotional(Feminine sign if you ask me)over this the two don't go hand in hand unless you're suffering from multiple personality disorder.

we're not living in the stone age the tables have turned and women are no longer your properties(joysticks for a better word) :rolleyes:

BEE

you stung certain someone didn't you that explains the severe ellergic reaction. qosolba hiil buu galaa. ;)

juba thanks.

stickievix