Sign in to follow this  
Viking

THE LAND OF THE GODS - A brief study of Somali Etymology and its historio-linguistic

Snake-i   

Originally posted by Viking:

Lost hope,

Most people do care about history sxb.

Maybe you should look at the history of somalia in the last 16 years and learn from it.You people need to stop worrying about what somali words sound like the names of the AE Gods that were nothing but statues.It won't get you anywhere.

Castro   

Originally posted by Lost_Hope_4_Somalia:

You people need to stop worrying about what somali words sound like the names of the AE Gods that were nothing but statues.It won't get you anywhere.

But losing hope will? :rolleyes:

Snake-i   

^^ castro

I am talking generally look at Somalia and tell me that people did not lost hope. Because you know they did. And if we didn’t lost hope why is Somali still in chaos? 16 years man that is my age by the way thanks a lot to the generation before me…wonderful 16 years don’t you think. icon_razz.gif

Cara.   

Do you know, they've discovered a tomb in the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, Egypt? It's near that famous King Tut tomb. The most looted and exploited archaelogical dig site known to man still some secrets to reveal!

Link

Viking   

Yeah! Just a few metres from Tutankhamon's grave. Tut is very famous but his tomb is shady, Ramses III had a far more sophisticated tomb.

Mr. Moe   

Viking; you're so cool man! Teach me more Sir!

By the way, are you the author? Just confused a bit.

Do you think Somali people are indigenous to Africa or are immigrants from somewhere (Arabia)?

To the dude called Lost Hope 4 Somalia: Get a grip...you're young so naturally you think you're right...well think again my lost friend...without History you won't know what path to take. Perhaps if more young people cared about their History (African history) Africa would/will have a bright future. Please rethink your scepticism.

Viking   

Originally posted by Mr. Moe:

By the way, are you the author? Just confused a bit. Do you think Somali people are indigenous to Africa or are immigrants from somewhere (Arabia)?

Mr Moe,

I'm not the author, he is someone close to me though. We all [originally] come from the same parents and people have been moving around from contintent to continent for millenia. It is said that "Aryans" are originally from India and Somalis have Caucasoid phenotype. I think we can trace most of our history to our continent together with the Berbers, Tuaregs, Tutsi etc., people whose features are very similar to ours (and of course the Oromo whom we have linguistic and other similarities with).

mantra,

You are welcome sxb.