Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Should the Palestinians give up?

Lately a realisation dawned on me, one I've resisted in entertaining, that the Palestinians will never get all of their lands back. I mean, it's alright for us to sit back here, from the comfort of our sofas, egging the Palestinians on to die defending muslim lands, while their own children are dying in retaliation for very fruitless efforts. None of these suicide bombings have any effect (some of them don't even make sense). I mean, a lot of the efforts are motivated by the hope that all of Palestine will be returned, which to me sounds implausible. Israel will never allow it, nor will the International community. But what if they instead concentrated all their efforts on gaining autonomy and power in the lands that are already Palestinian territory (though in some cases in name only). I mean, look at how the PA ate itself from the inside out, look at how they target their own people at times, and look at the corruption. Even if they gained all the lands, can you be confident that they won't misrule themselves the way a lot of other muslim countries have done.

Basically, shouldn't the Palestinians or rather Hamas and Islamic Jihad and all the others, work on being a viable state first. Israel has lost a lot of sympathy from the International community, especially Britain, but it has regained much of it when it released the settlements in Gaza. But it no longer has the support it did, and these Palestinian organisations could work together in recovering support by showing that they want peace, by giving up on regaining all of Palestine, and instead concentrate on regaining power in the West Bank and Gaza. Work on drawing international attention to expanding settlements in the West Bank and other illegal activities. Sympathy is the strongest power Israel has, and it only does so because the international community cannot trust the Palestinian to take care of themselves and those around them. Once they have the whole of the most powerful countries on their side, Israel in an effort to once more regain their sympathy, could back off and allow the Palestinians to get the power back in the areas they are supposed to be controlling.

I know I'm not saying anything new, but it seems increasingly clear to me (though I could be mistaken) that peace, real peace, can only come when the Palestinians (and their muslim allies) change their objectives.

What do you think? Should the Palestinians give up on regaining all of Palestine?

Arawella   

Absolutely NOT!!!

To gain independence Palestinians have to strive against anarchism by rogue governments. The Palestinian have a right to an abode, the state of Palestin.

If black people did not fight for equal rigths and abolition to oppression than you and I would still be classed as slaves in the west.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Rockstar Xu:

...a realisation dawned on me...that the Palestinians will
never
get all of their lands back.

Never say never! If someone forcefully kicked me out of my own house, I'd never give up. That's how the Palestinians feel. This "realization" might've dawned on you, but to Palestinians, failure is simply not an option. They've already shed too much blood for the sake of a free Palestine. Why stop and give up now?

Absolutely no "if" or "but" or "maybe" about it: Palestine is Palestinian (Muslim) land until Yowmul Khiyaamah.

Sayyid   

Giving up seems an easy way out of a dilemma. Everytime there is new calamity at work, school, home or elsewhere the easiest thing is to give up and loose the spirit to fight on.

But if you do exactly this what have you actually achieved? Failure. Absolutely.

Then you become a real victim and the oppression will ten times increased.

let me give you example:

If the big boy (bully) we all know of graps you by the throat and takes away your milk money what options do you have. He's already got the money and if you don't resist tommorrow will befall you the same fate.

He will think that you enjoy being grapped by the throat and robbed. Next time if not stopped he will further embarass you by taking your jumper, shoes, books, calculators and hat.

Every time you have something new he will take it off you.

But let's say after the first incident when he asks you again to hand in your milk money and you refuse and he has to work a little harder and you actually defend yourself although he's much stronger than you rest assured that he won't have us much fun as if you would stand passively and everytime he walks up to you that you sh!t yourself and throw the money at him so that you can flea.

You see my point you have always to stand up to the aggressor atleast make it ackward for him to continue with his oppression.

I believe in stepping up the violence and kidnapping in order to get your point across. Better to die than to live in an undignified manner or state.

The game starts right now and without any true return to our heritage there is no way we can be defeated.

The jews have the upper hand because we left our way of life and Allah already told us that if we leave our religion that we will be lower than nations and groups who would never have dreamed in a million times to fight against us.

Now all the hypocrites who couldn't stand up to Islam come out like the Hindus, they were never a match to us. They lived peacefully in their lands but now they have actually come out and showed their hidden hatred towards Islam and Muslims.

So lets return to Allah and our Guide and Book the Holy Quran. If we trust in Allah the great we will overcome all our enemies inshallah.

Defeat is not an option for us muslims but rest assured because it's pay back time.

Blessed   

We often delude ourselves to thinking that victory is the making of humans. It isn't. It is bestowed on us from Allah. Allah clearly tells us that if we believe and do righteous actions. He will establish us in the earth.

In Palestine we have a case where people are confused. Some are fighting for National / Arab pride. Some would rather negotiate with the Israelis and establish themselves through and un-Islamic method. There is no unity in the people. And no strong leaders. When that is put in place and we seek victory through the Prophetic manhaj, then insha Allah. Irrespective of the support of the ‘great powers’ and the sophistication of their weaponry, Allah will establish his promise to us. AlQuds is the third most holy masjid in Islam. No self-respecting, Allah fearing Muslim would give up on it. So walaalo, don't be derailed. Even our Prophet (saw) suffered much tribulation (and initially defeat) under the Quraish. Until Allah made him and the Muslims victorious…

How will we get there? is the million dollar question.

Good topic..

LANDER   

I think Palestinians already gave up long ago on regaining all of historic Palestine, rhetoric coming from militant groups is usually just a way to inspire their followers more than a real ideological belief or expectation to actually one day regain all of historic Palestine. The media often makes the palestinians seem very undiplomatic but the truth of the matter is they would be willing to settle if given a contiguous territory in the West bank and would conceid quite a few areas annexed by Israel in the west bank. However, it seems they were never even offered a contiguous area but rather patches of land which the Israelis suggested would be linked by underground roads and not to mention all the major water ressources from the jordan river and elsewhere would fall in Israely hands, along with the most fertile territories of the west bank.

-A map showing the Barak-Clinton proposal at camp david

projection_clinton_proposal.gif

-Since than, some Israeli right wing government members (Sharone)decided the Barak proposal was too "generous" and came up with the following ingenious plan

barak_sharon_2001.gif

-In all honesty, considering the amount of palestinnian territory already annexed, I don't see how a two state solution will ever be implemented. Right now the only possibility it seems is a One state solution and the palestinians having demographics on their side may be able to change the state from within. Who knows anything is possible.

Castro   

^ Rightly said. I too am very skeptical of a two-state solution. It's just not feasible the way Israelis have built settlements just about everywhere. Make it one state, out-breed the Israelis and vote them out using "democracy".

There's a lot to be said for the dignity and perseverence of the Palestinian people. Too bad the enemy is strong and their friends are weak and divided. A recipe for despair indeed.

Foxy   

Here is a thought,

Should Isreal/Palestine Land had the bloody weather we have in the UK ( like the bloody rain 80% of the year)

there nasty bloody war going for over 50 years would be non existant and hence, there would no bloodshed at all. Most probablly they would be indoors most of the day, therefore no ongoing stoning or gun firing. :D:D:D

On serious note, the palestine/isreal issue is an ongoing entertainment..

cheers

juba   

Originally posted by Foxy:

On serious note, the palestine/isreal issue is an ongoing entertainment..

cheers

"ENTERTAINENT?" hopefully you meant problem or issue!

Back to the topic, Xu i know what you mean. Afterall if one continues to explode themselves and end up only killing his fellow muslims, whats the point? Terrorize the isreals one might say, but did that give the palestinians their land? nope. Other peacful ways that actually give RESULTS must be explored

Khalaf   

^^^ Peace is unattainable because Palestine is occupied, the people are denied and killed .

If I come and take over your home by force and occupy your territory with brutal force, you have every right to defend yourself by any means necessary.

Palestinians tried peace, they protested peacefully the world turned a blind eye the Jews slaughtered them thus they stopped throwing rocks, took up guns again they were overpowered and murdered, the only way they can defend themselves against a greater powerful enemy which continues to kill their people is to sacrifice their own bodies.

If peace is desired then Palestine belongs to the Palestinians until that happens Jihad should continue.