Sign in to follow this  
Prince_Sland

Lets have ur views people wats in stake for somalia 2006

Poeple whats in hold for our in 2006 , will Jowhar goverment move their camps to capital city Mogadhsio, or still stay in the same place , will Somaliland get its long awaited Regonation . and will the Americans leave Iraq all lets have your Views poeple good and bad

Jafarel.   

Only Allah Almighty knows whats 2006 holds. That said, this is my prediction/s:

1) Jowhar crew might NOT move to Mogadisho

2) Somaliland will not get its LONG AWAITED recognition in the years to come

3) Iraq will be an occupied territory

AND

Arsenal WILL not win the Premiership

May Allah grant us good in this world and the next.

Upon u be peace.

Yeniceri   

^^

:D You folks still watch soccer, huh. Alls I know is the Texas Longhorns made the comeback of the decade and beat the over-rated USC Trojans. The Seattle Times' Sports frontpage had: Vince, Valor, Victory inscribed in big, bold letters. Vince as in Vince Young, Texas quaterback and Rose Bowl MVP.

But what do you soccer fans know 'bout football? :D

What's in store for Somalia in 2006? Like someone else mentioned, only Allah SWT knows. So what we say is based on conjecture and estimates.

1. Somalia will still maintain its international standing as a "failed state" and continue its existence as a very poor country.

2. The children of warlords, corrupt "officials" etc. will get security and education in the Diaspora (the West, mainly) while the children of common Somalis will be face death, little access to education and jobs, poverty will remain rampant, and a general lack of basic necessities in every aspect of life.

3. Ethiopia will continue to weild unprecedented influence in Somaliland, Puntland, Jowhar, Bakool etc. and rule Somalia through proxy leaders.

4. George and his global supporters will continue to maintain that Somalia is a potential hub for "terrorists."

So what changes? Nothing, another year of suffering for people back home, another year of warlord' prominence (now they're "presidents" and "ministers"), another year of scattered conflicts based on clan or land disputes, etc.

The problem was clan. In their brilliant ;) minds, they sought to fix the clan problem with a clan solution. And so the clan problem takes on greater dimensions, assumes greater responsibility.

May Allah SWT save Somalia from the corrupt individuals who continue to ruin it. Aamin!

STOIC   

^^^First time i supported someone because of his skin color(Racism in the making ha?).I was cheering for Vince Young because he was a black quaterback and that he really runned the ball :D .You know the myth out there that the black quaterbacks can't run the ball(Heh?)or was it they can't throw the ball (ehhhh?) . The dude tackled the overated Southern Cali with great gusto.Boy do i love when the underdogs win except of course when My school lost the sugar bowl to West virginia on monday night :mad: :mad:

Back to the topic, sorry.The current Somali government should learn the distinction between diplomacy and force.They need sheer strength, skills an ingenuity to win the so called warlords(hoping the warlords will understand humanity).You might think that country has had no enough suffering to feel the pain of lose.I am sure loosing hope with somali politics as the days goes by!

The situation in Somalia will improve InshAllah in 2006. One way or another, the TFG will work by implementing the principles of Empagathi and by adopting a real democracy governing system with Islamic roots. In 2006, we will witness the separatists in the North coming to their right mind and yielding up to the reality in the ground.

I hope an African or an Asian nation to win the 2006 world cup.

Won In 2006? As most of you said already, only Allaah SW knows what is going to happened in 2006, but If I make my prediction, all somali warloads will end up in Hague international court Insha Allaaah.Somalis in the diaspora and inside the country will watch them live tv From Hague.

Oz   

Insha-allah Allah ta'alaa will help his Ummah only when they are on the rite path..we all hope that (Insha-allah) one day we will Unite and be strong Ummah and abide the Sheriah ..Ameen

w/s

ElPunto   

Folks,

Somalia has been improving for the past decade and will continue to do so - provided this possible federal gov't stuff doesn't happen or limits itself to big matters. With the exception of some places in the south, the country's commerce and economy has been more dynamic than it was under any previous gov't and is more dynamic than most in sub-saharan Africa. The reason for this is that the heavy-handed, corrupt and stifling nature of gov'ts in black Africa disappeared within a few years after Siyad was overthrown and this allowed people to come back and invest and develop projects for their own benefit and their country's. If things stay at present this will continue - and once each region is able to cobble together a decent local gov't - then a decent federal gov't can form. But, personally, I don't like this top down approach. And I am optimistic about the country and its future.

With the exception of the last sentence(which is uninformed BS) in the following article, there is much reason to be hopeful:

-------------------------------------------------

Mobile phones

Somalia calling

Dec 20th 2005 | BOSSASO AND HARGEISA

From The Economist print edition

An unlikely success story

SOMALIA does not spring to mind as a good place to do business, but in telecoms at least it has something to teach the world. A call from a Somali mobile phone is generally cheaper and clearer than a call from anywhere else in Africa. The trick is the lack of regulation. Somalia has had no government since 1991. It was cut off for a while, but then private mobile companies moved in and found that the collapsed state provided a curious competitive advantage.

No government means no state telecoms company to worry about, no corrupt ministry officials to pay off (there is no ministry), and the freedom to choose the best-value equipment. Taxes, payable to a tentative local authority or strongman, are seldom more than 5%, security is another 5% (more in Mogadishu), and customs duties are next to nothing. There is no need to pay for licences, or to pay to put up masts. It is a vivid illustration of the way in which governments, for all their lip service to extending communications, can often be more of a hindrance than a help.

Golis Telecom, based in the northern port of Bossaso, is one of the larger forces in the Somali market. Its chairman, Adan Sheikhdon Ali, hopes for 50,000 mobile subscribers by 2007—not bad for a country where many people still live a nomadic life in the desert beyond a mobile signal. Golis spent $2.7m on Chinese equipment to set up its service and has since expanded its reach across the country, drawing in customers with its low prices. You can call anywhere on the planet on a Golis mobile for $0.30 a minute. Pricing is especially important in Somalia, says Mr Ali, because many potential customers are illiterate and so immune to advertising.

The present dozen or so operators should eventually be whittled down to three or four. To survive, Golis has diversified into landlines and broadband. But even with price wars, profits are high. Somalis' gift of the gab, and the difficulty of getting in and out of the country, put a premium on extended telephone calls. Golis recouped its initial investment in two years. But the risks are also high. Investment is all up front. There is no insurance available. And then there is Somalia itself. From a distance it looks like a free-market nirvana after The Economist's heart; but closer up it better resembles an armed oligarchy, capable of taking anything it wants at the point of a gun—even a Nokia handset.