Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Lets put romatic talk aside and talk about real issues....AFRICA THE DARK CONTENT

shyhem   

Raula

As much as i agree and respect u'r opinion i couldn't help but disagree with u on some points.Every African, or Somali for that matter is or was raised in some sort of large family.However that doesn't necessarily means it is the best way to raise a child.It is just an evidence of the poverty sorrounding us.There is nothing "cost effective" about relaying on others to raise u'r kids.U bring children to this world and u might as well be ready to raise them with little u have.People in Africa need to take responsibility for their actions.

There is nothing wrong with helping u'r relatives if u have the means to do so.However they should never sit around expecting that suddenly out of nowhere Raula will save the day.It doesn't really work that way.In Africa there is serious violation of privacy and space.If one of u'r relatives was doing better than everyone else,the rest of the family will soon starting packing all their kids in his house.They don't really care what he,his wife or his children think of the new strangers invading their little space in the name of "we are related".

Furthermore the cost of raising his family and his relatives will soon overwhelm him and the next thing we know he is just as poor as anyone else.And incase he dies, there is nothing left for his wife and children to inherite.And there is no gurantee the so called relatives will take care of the family.It is never a win win situation fo anyone to relay on others.The same applies to pple who are on welfare in America.

How many of us somalis had a relative we have never seen or even heard of,call us from the motherland.How many of us here in the diaspora, can actually say they called the motherland with intention of looking for a cousin they haven't for a decade? Certainly we are not interested in them as much as they interested in us.In conclusion only poor people talk about crap like "it takes a village to raise a kid and the same applies for those who talk about qabil.

As for the rest of the members talking about colonisation and the whiteman dragging the black man down.I'm not really sure what to think of u guys.Nowadays it is fashionable to join the bandwagon and condemn the west especially America for all the problems around this world.

However why is it hard for us to see that the average African is an underchiever.A corrupt and lazy guy who always blames his tools.How could u possibly blame colonisation for the civil war in somalia or the corruption in Kenya.

It is time for Africa to put her house in order.

juba   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

However why is it hard for us to see that the average African is an underchiever.A corrupt and lazy guy who always blames his tools.How could u possibly blame colonisation for the civil war in somalia or the corruption in Kenya.

It is time for Africa to put her house in order.

although i see your point of Africa needs to stop blaming others and take responsiblity and action, we cannot ignore the history of Africa. Colonizers carved up land putting diff. pple together hence the bloody wars and tribal conflicts that still occur to this day. And not to mention the degrading aspect and how the colonizers made us feel worthless and inferior an esteem issue that still pervails. So it wasn't only land they controlled but our minds aswell.

i guess my point is learn from history and break those barriers that were placed on us.

shyhem   

Juba

U definately have apoint and i see u are agood student of history.Sadly i'm not and i was never a fan of history.I don't dwell much on what happened on the past especially when it is not related to all that is happening around me.Yes Africa was colonised in the past and only because Africans themselves have allowed it.

While it is right to say that the scramble and partition of Africa led to a change in the physical boundaries of Africa.On the other hand there is no evidence that there is or was a change in the mental ability of the average African in relation to colonization.

As for the civil wars.The truth is u don't need European or anyone else to start a civil war.Somalia is the most homogenous nation on earth,one people,one langauge, and one religion.And yet we have no government and the folks in somalia seem to be more primitive than their forefathers.If qabil X and qabil y wants to knock the hell out of each other,should we blame the Italians?No For the simple reason that the effects of the Italians on somalis was minimal at most.

You talk about low self esteem and the colonizers controlling our mind.Give me abreak sister.Most Africans by nature are not assertive and aggressive as they should be and this has nothing to do with foreigners.This is a dog eat dog world and if u are not competitive enough there is basically no place for you in this world.

As for breaking the barriers,there is no barriers to be broken.Forget about holding hands and what they told u about "we shall overcome" instead just take responsibility of u'r life and be competitive.

juba   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Most Africans by nature are not assertive and aggressive as they should be

i see your dislike of history and it shows here. Africans were once warriors and were responsible for great empires and buildings.(pyramids and other amazing sturctures)Africans were the first to establish flourishing cities and civilizations. the first humans bones were found in africa! africans are NOW weak and practically useless for reasons i have already mentioned.

"Yes Africa was colonised in the past and only because Africans themselves have allowed it"

do u mean africans accepted the colonizers with open arms?

Juba am glad you asked that question, because when i was reading, i was like wow, another blonde, because how could you be african and say such a statement? shiish, sometimes we get to north americanized that we forget our past. i don't mean to be harsh bro, but i didn't expect that comment.

Right now everything is an issue of people looking down to africans, no body asked people to look down to us, yes the past has a lot in cause with our current state, i don't know if you looked at the european history, but how many years has it taken them to cool down things, since the'r so called industrialization era.

Another thing, one has to have faith, and believe, unfortunatly the world today is all driven by economics, and greed, so if you are not into helping one another, keep you comments to yourself, beause i don't think we have the right to belittle or judge one another. For it is Allah's duty.

The issue of civilizations, the human being is one creature that always thinks he/she is flawless, and the greatest tool he/she has is the mind, for it is with the mind that one creates technology and weapons, and the ambition of power. Africans problems are highly controlled by man, because when you see millions of children dying just because of famine, while the other side of the same land there is a lot of food, but being shipped of for trade, just because they cannot give that food to the hungry children, it will desturb the economy of the country, then am sorry, it is the human mentallity. W allow to be controlled by this thing called economics, which is man made, hence it has flaws. Which even the capitalist of the capitalist are seeing now how this so great system, that is hailed has cracks, and soon will crash.

hence, be aware of your surroundings, and question what is the truth to the mere facade of truth. Innocent people dying over man made mythologies.

Loyan   

I would say to guys here: get involved in developping your country. Plan to go back to Somalia. In good old days, folks who left for abroad would come back with good money, education, and plenty of skills. Loose the snow, the credit cards, and loan collectors and come home.

Should you go back, be ready two answer yes to one of these questions: "Hanti ma soo shaqaysatay?" or "Wax ma soo baratay?" Otherwise you are a looser to us.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread od discussion; just my two scents.

Why africa is in such state is their greatest mystery of our time. We cannot accuse the past/whitey/colonisers.

We don't know that's it. Maybe it's down to our heads of state and their inability to govern.

But I know one thing: africans don't lack assertiveness or self esteem. It's just that the sitiation is impossible now but we will overcome these tragedies. You are looking at 60/80 years of African History (1920-2005) it's a relatively short time,we need more than that to declare the failure of Africa.

All countries encounters some dark period before achieving political stability and economic miracles. We will.

About African civilisation, frankly I don't give a damn whether my ancestors built pyramids and conquered lands or were too lazy and hadn't achieve anything. This fact is not gonna feeds me today.

Look at Turkey once a great civilisation that reigns over Europe and Asia and now obliged to beg in order to get into the European community.

We must not compare our continent to Europe/America : we have a different history and cultural differences.

If we succeed individually, Africa will follow the steps.

All the answers to the whys are YES true and the reason being.

Yes bse the people are dark.

Yes bse there is alot of AIDS

Yes bse we have along way b4 we even consider ourselves educated. Easy to gain a paper that says you got this certificate or degree but if one cant combine their principles and belief for their survival then its worth nothing.

Lack of proper EDUCATION and by that I mean an EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM designed by whites for whites and given to blacks who can’t decipher or mould it to suit their own system and environment. We can’t seem to be able to chose the good from that system and inter-marry it with an African one. The Education system, the discoveries and the knowledge behind what is driving this system are predominantly designed by white and that surely makes it totally wrong for the DARK continent which needs its own educational system that caters for their people and environment. That is something the Dark Continent can never perfect it has never it’s a dysfunctional continent. So unless we change our way of thinking merge it with our environment and mould it with our visions, and then spread like the whites spread Christianity, we will never get out of the predicament we are in.

Name one discovery that has been discovered by an African? We throw everything that is dear to us and embrace and assimilate easily. So that’s why we will never get out of this vicious circle. We will always be followers and copiers and third class citizens for as long as we don’t work hard to meet what our people and environment need. Basically an Africa solution for African problems though is clearly easily said than done.