Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Against Abortion but still Pro-choice?

Laba-X   

The most common reasons a woman chooses abortion are: She is not ready to become a parent, She cannot afford a baby, She doesn't want to be a single parent, She is too young or too immature to have a child. If thats the case then why indulge in pre-marital sex in the first place? Now that all the pleasures and indulgences are over then she realises the gravity of the situation! The question am intending to ask here is, Should this woman be allowed to "choose" whether whats in her fetus lives or dies? Should she be given the choice?

Some people are"pro-choice". They are by definition willing to extend the right of choice to the arena of killing babies even though they may be against bortion. what they mean, is like saying we're personally against child abuse but we defend our neighbor's right to abuse his child if that is his choice. can a person be against abortion and still be pro-choice?

One of the weakest arguments for the legitimacy of abortion is the fact that it is legal, but does civil law determine morality??

Looking forward to your replies.

juba   
Originally posted by Raganimo:

The most common reasons a woman chooses abortion are: She is not ready to become a parent, She cannot afford a baby, She doesn't want to be a single parent, She is too young or too immature to have a child. If thats the case then why indulge in pre-marital sex in the first place? Now that all the pleasures and indulgences are over then she realises the gravity of the situation! The question am intending to ask here is, Should this woman be allowed to "choose" whether whats in her fetus lives or dies? Should she be given the choice?

------------>

no the women should not have the choice of ending her babies life when s it was her who engaged in the act she well knew could result in pregnancy. i think abortion is a cowards choice the easy way out. you should face your mistakes not run from them.

The question am intending to ask here is, Should this woman be allowed to "choose" whether whats in her fetus lives or dies? Should she be given the choice?

Excuse me? :eek: Our opinions, thoughts, and feelings on this subject does not matter at all. If Allah has stated that abortion is HARAM then there should be no discussion on whether its a woman's right or not.

Senora   

Against abortion, and still pro-choice, a bit ironic huh?

Well i've contemplated this many of times, and the reasoning that I've found for being pro-choice is that i dont believe i have the right to force upon someone else my beliefs. What if they dont believe in God, and don't seem to be jumping on the other side anytime soon??

I guess the bigger question for me is, Hypothetically, if I were holding a position of power, would i be held responsible, on the day of judgement, for the many abortions occuring, during my reign, that i felt shouldnt have been withheld b/c of my judgements?

Laba-X   

Excuse me? Our opinions, thoughts, and feelings on this subject does not matter at all. If Allah has stated that abortion is HARAM then there should be no discussion on whether its a woman's right or not.

FF, Your right, It is Xaraam! So why is the number of Somali women practising abortion increasing so rapidly? We are well aware that it is not a Muslim Woman's right to undergo abortion, heck she shouldn't even reach that state, May Allah forbid her, yet the stories are ever so escalating and subsequently ensuing in a tarnished reputation! What really infuriates me is the lack of deen of of some Somali sisters and their abhorrent acclimatization into western cultures. And you say we can't discuss it!

Well said Juba!

Yes Fiance, You will be brought to account if you hold a position of power, of all those things! You are the ruler, your rules should be more of an authoritarian type and emphasize the consequences of such actions! If you exercised your position's power to the utmost regarding such issues, and still people neglect them, then Allah is oft Merciful! Allahu calam

J.Lee   

Originally posted by -Femme Fatale-:

Excuse me? :eek: Our opinions, thoughts, and feelings on this subject does
not
matter at all. If Allah has stated that abortion is
HARAM
then there should be no discussion on whether its a woman's right or not.

Abaayo to my knowledge Allah hasn't deemed abortion in its entirety haram. In actuality if the baby is threat to your health then you may abort it but if it's for the nonsensical reasons Raganimo stated then you are committing a sin.......a grave one. Be that as it may The reason why alot of somali girls mostly teens are aborting their babies is because They don't want a tarnished reputations, to have a child out of wedlock, disgrace their family, may not have the means to support a child, may be a child themselves, etc. To blame the western world for the lack of understanding young somali girls have for Islam is a bit naive. I remember my mom telling me how in Somalia abortion and premarital sex was a norm (First comes sex, second baby, Your brain starts to think?? then the cowards way out Abortion.....The cycle of sin) Furthermore, I'm a somali born, American bred girl and I have retained my Islamic ideals because I live in a westernized society.

Also, I believe a woman has a right to choose to have abortion.If you think that is the best choice for you then do it for allah gave us brains that allowed us to make choices whether be a sin or a good deed. I'm not here to sit in judgement of others...but I'd advice to prolong the thinking before you act.

Abaayo to my knowledge Allah hasn't deemed abortion in its entirety haram. In actuality if the baby is threat to your health then you may abort it

I know that. Im talking about for these reasons:

a)

She is not ready to become a parent, She cannot afford a baby, She doesn't want to be a single parent, She is too young or too immature to have a child.

OR

b)

don't want a tarnished reputations, to have a child out of wedlock, disgrace their family, may not have the means to support a child, may be a child themselves, etc

To blame the western world for the lack of understanding young somali girls have for Islam is a bit naive

I dont think that I have blamed anyone.

I remember my mom telling me how in Somalia abortion and premarital sex was a norm

That doesnt make it any less horrifying.

With my earlier quote I was responding to this:

One of the weakest arguments for the legitimacy of abortion is the fact that it is legal,
but does civil law determine morality
??

Of course its a big fat NO! Only Allah's laws determine morality not man-made, ever-changing, flawed ones.

Abaayo keep this hadith in mind:

"Had cursed ten kinds of people regarding alcoholic drinks: The person preparing it and the person who asked for it to be prepared for him/her, the person who drinks, the person who carries it, the person to whom it will be carried, the person who pours it in glasses to let the people drink, the seller, the person who benefit from its money, the person who buys it, and the person to whom it will be bought.

It is not just the person who directly drank the beer that gets a sin...but everyone around him/her who helped and supported the habit. Likewise in abortion...it is not just the woman who goes through the experience that will be commiting a grave sin: but the doctor that operated, the nurse that helped, the owner of the building the clinic operates, the receptionist, the people who pressured or influenced the woman to abort her baby, the government that allows these clinics to exist, the people who donate money to it, and those who support abortion and waste their time protesting and yelling for a women's right to murder her child.

J.Lee   

Abaayo smile.gif The 2nd and 3rd Qoutes were meant for Raganimo's "abhorrent acclimatization into western cultures" comment.In my thinking I sort of thought he was saying, their lack of understanding Islam was the result of being in a western society ...Therefore, I was just stating that abortion used to happen in somalia, a predominately Muslim country in the eastern part of the world. I know it was a western concept but you can't blame the idealogy (Western ideals) but the action (Abortion) and the person who acts upon those ideals when in fact they know its Haram. They're imatating a Gaal but I do believe a person CAN make this choice if they believe it is the best way while knowing it is a sin.

If i'm being repetative or nonsensical disregard this comment.

lol@I'm just glad I'm not a chick...Iyaa? Chick kulahaa My hooyo wasn't a dhooro.

Laba-X   

It is not just the person who directly drank the beer that gets a sin...but everyone around him/her who helped and supported the habit. Likewise in abortion...it is not just the woman who goes through the experience that will be commiting a grave sin: but the doctor that operated, the nurse that helped, the owner of the building the clinic operates, the receptionist, the people who pressured or influenced the woman to abort her baby, the government that allows these clinics to exist, the people who donate money to it, and those who support abortion and waste their time protesting and yelling for a women's right to murder her child.

FF, i don't quite comprehend how you can compare Abortion to "Khamr". Abortion could be a MUST if it is for medical reasons and your health is at grave jeopardy. Islam gives great sanctity to human life. It has legislated an indemnity for causing abortion called "ghurra". A Hadith tells us that it is after 120 days (four months) that an angel comes and blows the spirit in the human embryo, and if after that a person undergoes abortion she pays something called Diyyah or bloodmoney. Before 120 days the fetus is said to be a non-living mass of flesh and Allahu-Aclam whether it can be destroyed!

I remember my mom telling me how in Somalia abortion and premarital sex was a norm

Ms, All this may have occured behind closed curtains. If the public somewhat discerned that a certain person was engaging in pre-marital sex, she/he would have severely been punished, and if they were married, Stoned to death!

Almas   

Im not pro-choice; in fact i think that abortion TERRIBLE considering the amount of people who go have sex, become pregant and dont want to face the consequences for their actions (not that children are consequences but u know u know what i mean...) so they run and get an abortion. Basically Allah regards it as sin so i see no reason to debate about abortion.

Yet on the other hand I totally agreeing with Ms. Word. My opinion in this matter isn't law so who am I to place judgement on others and insist that they follow what I believe...But then again, we are talking about a human LIFE here, not some public policy so shouldn't that all be thrown out the window? :confused: :confused: :confused:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CHE   

A quick Q?.....

In the case where abortion is performed to save the mother,on what basis it is decided that the mother's life is more valuable than that of the unborn child?