Sign in to follow this  
Vanquish_V12

Building a strong Islamic society

Last night, in bed while tryin to fall asleep it really hit me, after years of getting bits of information i had the so called the epiphany.

believe or not, regardless of how much we adore our parents, most of us i mean 99.9 of us, have bad upbringin. this is the root cause of many of our problems.

solutions.

1. make sure u learn ur deen, i dont mean listenin to Hamza Yosul, ur deen is the most precious thang u have so make sure ur sources of knowledge are legit

2. practice what u learn

3. marry a good women fertile and pious, looks wealth lineage are a bonus.

4. dont rise ur kids in non-islamic country, dont have tv or satelite, make sure u r involved in ur kids life be a strong influence teach through action, show the good manners in how u deal wit others, show islam is strenght while being modest and practicing humuility. make sure u give them oppurtinity to learn martial arts or thangs that boost their physical as well as mental abilities.

4.first n foremost provide them wit knowledge of islam den any other the rest will follow.

5. take care of your daughters n wifes.

DEN MAKE ALOT DUAW TO ALLAH

bilan   

i do not think only 1% had come from good house, sometimes parents may raise their child very well,but they choose the wrong way after they grow up. take example prophet Nux(PPUH)and his son. its possible you do all that, but because they were not meant to be good muslims, they turn out to be murders,rappist etc. all i'm saying is you can not blame the parents all the time. but some good list eventhough it was directed to men but why fertile, i guess wife is more than a machine.

Haddad   

You make some valid points. I am not sure how "dont have tv or satelite" is practical, because it's part of this modern life, although I myself am in favor of no tv or satelite (also cinema). Those entertainments are practically a waste of time & money, plus it's a form of mental colonialism. Of course there are the exceptions; documentaries, educational works and etc.

juba   

this is a good topic and many of the options u shared are good and helpful especially #4 the islamic societies of today r in jeopardy of many things such as tv or "mental colonialism" as haddad interestingly put it. especially in non islamic nations

i disagree with the fact that u think almost 100% of us have bad upringing i can say that i haven't! but i get ur point.

u seem to be only dericting this post to men. u should give some ways women can build a strong islamic society because they r a vital part of a family.

u said that "don't raise ur kids in a non-islamic country"

sometimes that is unaviodable especially if ur trying to find the best future for ur kids. and most of the time, no matter how much we dont like to admit it, that is western countries such as the US.

well fertile because thats an advice given to us by our beloved prophet pbuh.

true, in some cases children are rebellious even thought they had the best experience, in that case know that this is one of the test Allah gives his servants, its hard test so make sure u do all u can to try to pass it.

well i guess i left out somethangs tha sisters could do to ensure strong society.

1. make sure u choose a strong husband, i mean his firm in his islamic believes he has the proper aqidah.

2. dont put too much pressure on ur husband in the persuit of worldly leisures,

3. if he deviates advice him, if he continues have the strength to leave him.

4. be strong pillar in ur kids upbringin teach the boys how to treat their sisters in Islam.

5. tell them stories about the sahaba so they have somethang to aspire to.

6. we need to build kids that r proactive, not just passive

OG_Girl   

Sounds good advice but don't you think world today is just like small village!Be it a religious one or an ethnic one. Therefore, some of the ideas you are proposing here requires us to be an island that is isolated from all the non-Muslims and currently this is impossible! This is because Muslims don’t come from one country, culture or ethnicity but from all over the globe. If a Muslim of native America or Europe were to follow your advice, does that mean they should leave their native countries?

The other crucial thing, which your proposition diminishes, is the spread of Islam/ Dawah— this is in the best of interest of the Muslim Nation. So how do you propose we do this then, if we exclude ourselves from interacting with non-Muslims? Remember, Islam was spread to Asia for example by honest men with good behaviour who traded with the non-Muslims in that part of the world. Thus, the spread of Islam depends on us interacting with non-Muslims.

When we talk about the Muslim countries (i.e. countries dominated by Muslims), we talk of them as if they are heaven on Earth; where everything is perfect and all those who live there happen to be angles! If this is the scenario, we like to paint, then why did we leave our native countries in the first place. I am sure no one leaves heaven on Earth. The sad reality is, when we talk about bringing our children back home, we do this out laziness and thus want the society to do our job for us!.

It doesn't matter whether one is a Muslim or non-Muslim, people can still have high moral standards, be kind and respectful towards one another without any prejudice. There are also humans who are scum (like murderers, rapists, robbers, tyrants, etc.... etc.) but these types of people are found in every society. Therefore, it shouldn’t matter where you bring your child and all is required of you is to do your job to the best of your ability and be sincere and leave rest for Allah.

You talk about TV being a bad influence on the kids, how about the Internet. The way I see it, everything can be used for good or bad and is up to how you use it. We should educate our kids, teach them to be good people in the society they live be a muslim siciety or no-Muslim. Earth For Allah doesn't belong to kafir or Muslim.

Its better for Islam and Muslims to come under the spot light and experience differences, as it should inspire us and appriate our religion and in doing so, gradually reveal the truth of our faith to the others.

God doesn’t need your prays and any thing, Allah wants to make differences, treat people good. Be good for your self, take responsibility for your action NOT only blame others for you failures.

Islam doesn't have bourders!.

Salam

Khayr   

OG GIRL, who is your GHOST WRITER??? :confused:

Vanquish, Jazaka Allahy Khayrun walaal for the reminders and advices.

Khayr   

Look Ms. FF, you dont know the historyyyy behind this so I suggest u use some restairnnnn for once

and quit babblinggg away....

As for Mr. Totti, don't u got some 'football' to watch??? redface.gif

In anycase, PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST! icon_razz.gif

the issue of living in non-islamic state is deep and requires knowledgable elaboration which i dont possess. but i dont know one thang, although the damage being done to our iman n why of life might not be apperent to most of us that are in denial there will come a time, north america n western ur will come be a second bosnia for muslims.

Blessed   

^^True! There is a subtle war on Muslims in West.

In the UK, where Bluncket took the Liberty of creating laws espcially directed at Muslims. Perscution against Muslims is an all time high. We're constatly made to validate our deen - our very existance. Then there is the situation in Holland and France. The future looks very bleak for us, I hope you have your exit plans.

I do understand the position of OG-Girl but that does have conditions - not many Muslims live Islam in the west which is an indirect contribution to the alienation of Muslims.

I feel themajority of us in the west aren't upto par for the job. We can certainly do with a survival kit.

Furthermore, one might want to look at the reasons behind Muslim migration to the west. You'd find that it's mainly due to political and economic corruption in our own lands.

This only indicates a significant level of moral decay and lack of adherance to Islam.

How then, can we go to the west and question their systems?

When it clearly works better for us then our distorted version of Islam?

Is it not better to get our house in order? To call Muslims back to their deen, to establish Islam in our lands?

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Furthermore, one might want to look at the reasons behind Muslim migration to the west. You'd find that it's mainly due to political and economic corruption in our own lands.

This only indicates a significant level of moral decay and lack of adherance to Islam.

How then, can we go to the west and question their systems?

When it clearly works better for us then our distorted version of Islam?

Is it not better to get our house in order? To call Muslims back to their deen, to establish Islam in our lands?

Good policy. Fix your house by strenghening your faith and fully adhering to its socio-political directives, then complain about the system of others! Wise words yet some will view them as apostasy..