Sign in to follow this  
Salma

The Dreams World and the Deja Vu

Salma   

Farax : xalay waxan riyo ku arkay.......

Xusneya : Khair allahoma egcalo khair.....

El Shaikh Zubair : ra2eto fema yara al na2em .... that I was walking on a long long long road, full of flowers and lovely colours, and chirby birds were singing nice melodies and then ..... the damn Alarm started to ring :D

From the West to the East, to the South to the North, All Humans Dream, but have they asked themselves "What are the Dreams?"

Some dreams are sweet that when you wake up, you feel so pleased and optimistic. This kind of dreams leaves you with good feelings and good mood. While some other dreams are horrible, scary and dark nightmares that scares you and leaves you with bad feelings and gloomy mood. There are another kind of dreams which are not clear and you can’t understand what they mean. Such dreams are not important and they remain un-explained.

Now why I am talking about dreams and why I’am so concerned about them? Because the dreams world is really a great, magical and supernatural world. Nobody can ever understand it completely and nobody can find a complete scientific explanation for it. What is the dream? How it happens? How it works? Is there a special world for dreams or dreams are only images and photos we see inside our brains, just like a TV inside our brains.

My Personal Belief is as follows (not necessary to be correct):-

All what I know is that “Sleeping†is called “The Small Deathâ€. When humans are sleeping they are considered somehow “DEADâ€. Its true that there bodies are working, they are breathing normally, but at the same time their souls are not there. When you go to a deep sleep and you start dreaming about things/people like a friend of yours, a dead relative, your pet, your car, a place,,,, etc or your dream about places you’ve never been and meet people you’ve never seen ever in your whole life. Then you wake up and you start to remember about your dream. Haven’t you ask yourself how this dream happened?!

Is it your soul that got released/freed from your body and visited different places, saw different people and had different situations OR its just that the creative part of your brain is working and doing intelligent operations and imagining things (Imagination).

Some people say that there is nothing called a Dream World, dreams happen because the human’s brain :-

1-Use the Remembering tool: to remember those people you know in the real life in your dreams.

2- And the Creating (Imagination) tool : To create new and different people inside your dream and not necessary to be real people. Like the author, either he writes in his novels about real characters in the real life or he CREATES new characters which are not available in reality (He is using his imganiation)

Now read the following situations carefully and concentrate on them:-

1-You meet a new person in the real life (Club, School, University, Restaurant, hospital office) and you communicate/talk with this person and you get this feeling about knowing him/her long time ago and you tell him/her: “I feel I know you since long time ago†or “You look familiar to meâ€. Kindly note that I’am not talking about the people you met them earlier somewhere but you forgot them or you can’t remember their faces/names. I’am talking about the people you’ve never ever dealt with or knew them.

2-You visit a country let’s say “Germany†and you are in a specific place in Germany at a specific time, then you say “I’ve been here before†I know this place very well, and you start describing the place as you really been there before. But nobody believes you from your friends or relatives because the TRUTH is : It’s your first time in your whole life to be in Germany.

3-Or, you get the feeling of experiencing a situation twice. The same event, on same time with same surrounding environment or people. Isn’t scary and weird?, coz it happened to me several times and still happens a lot.

You know what, I tried to understand or get an explanation for Point # 3 but all what I understood that its called “Déjà vuâ€. I searched about it but nothing really satisfied me. But few years back, someone I know explained the Déjà vu to me in this way:-

1- You go to sleep and dream about something, anything (Place, People, Animals whatever)

2-You communicate with them (Talking, chatting, eating, arguing, fighting,,,etc)

3-The dream is over

After some time (Hours, days, months or years later), you are encountered with an incident/event with the same description you saw earlier in your dream. Then you think that you experienced this situation before “I’ve already seen this beforeâ€. And then you start asking yourself ‘What’s going on ??†Things are happening to me again and again. Well, I guess this explanation satisfied what I was seeking an answer for it:

“Déjà vu†is what your Soul saw FIRST in the Dream World, then next in the Reality World.

But I said to myself its better to back off and surrender and stop thinking about What/How/When/Where the dreams are happening? Because since the Dreams are related to the Souls and the Souls are controlled by Al Mighty Allah then I am sure no body can understand and reveal the complete truth of this fantastic world.

In the name of Allah the most gracious and the most merciful:-

“They ask thee concerning The Spirit “Of Inspirationâ€, say: “The Spirit (cometh) By Command of my Lord: Of knowing It is only A Little that is communicated To you, (O men)â€

Al Isra 17:85)

But maybe you read/know something about it that I don't know so my questions are :-

1- Do you have any other explanation for the Dreams and the “Déjà vu�

2- Do you believe your dreams? Means, Do you think that dreams are not just images/photos but they contain deep meanings/ hidden messages and signals which needs to be explained and traced and you need to check the Dreams book for their meanings?

3- Are you affected by your dreams? Means if you saw a nice and refreshing dream then you feel optimistic and feel good about it and if you saw a bad dream or a nightmare then you get upset and pessimistic?

My answers :-

1- Q1: Do you have an explanation for the Dreams and the “Déjà vu�

I believe that dreams have two explanations: Religious and Scientific explanations. Religious as I mentioned above :they are happening in a supernatural way that our limited brains can’t understand. But also it has a scientific part as they taught us in the Psychology book in the school years ago about the Conscious and the Sub-conscious inside everybody. We have different ways in acting and re-acting towards our fears, emotions, desires, wishes, actions that we try to hide or decorate them in Reality but the continuous hiding/decorating against these actions and emotions cause a big pressure which make us un-leash or release them in our sub-concious (Dreams). Actually I don't agree with all what Segmund Freud said and reached about Dreams, Concisous and sub-concious, but still every theory has its true parts and false parts.

2-Q2: Do your believe your dreams?

I believe some and ignore some, I certainly ignore (Ad-gath Al Axlam) which is caused by the Satan (whatever) which have no meaning except terrifying or bothering us.But not all dreams are from Satan. The Noble Quran shows that clearly in Prophet Yusuf (PBUH) story, that dreams have meanings and categories. The prophet’s, saints and sheikhs dreams called “Ro’ya, it has a true and honest meaning, the rest of the people’s dreams called “Dream†and the Satanic dreams called “Ad-gatho Axlamâ€. So certainly, some dreams have meanings and require explanation.

3-Q.3 Do you get affected by your dreams

Well, yeah some dreams affect me. Like when I dream for instance about Snakes, scorpions or scary animals or darkness it reminds me of the Death, the Grave and the Doom Day. Or it makes me feel that I am not doing what is required from me in prayers or worship, if I am forgetting or not caring about them, while when you dream about green place, your relative in a far place, a sign about a wish coming true, some good people dreamt about the Prophet (BPUH) or the heaven such dreams make you feel good and happy. :D

I know it’s a long topic, and some of you may see it boring or not important but I would love to get some answers from you.

Peace Nomads !!

Viking   

1- Do you have any other explanation for the Dreams and the “Déjà vu�

I believe that dreams are of different categories. I have divided them into four since most of them fall under these...

-dreams of previous occurences (experience)

-dreams that foretell future events

-dreams about hopes, lusts and desires

-dreams that don't 'make sense', confused, that probably reflect the dreamer's imaginations and illusions.

I believe that when one is asleep, the Spirit wonders away into the universe. It comes back when the person awakens and that is when the experiences of the Spirit are deposited into the mind of the person. This would mean that one has not really been dreaming the events (it isn't a process but more like a floppy disk with info that has just been inserted in the computer), but the brain gets the data from the spirit and is intepreted as something that had been ongoing.

With deja-vu, I have the same intepretation as you got, that the Spirit had been there before you physically visited the place. I have experienced a phenomenon known as deja-attendu, (i hope it's the correct spelling) literally meaning 'already heard'. You hear something (could be a story someone is telling, what a person is talking about or just the choice of words) that you feel you've heard before. This could be the first time you have met the person uttering these words. I don't know the explanation to such an experience.

2- Do you believe your dreams?

I define dreams the way I have mentionned above, so I do tend to think that I ought to learn something from them. Some are just too ideal and detached from reality while some are like a file pulled from the acrchives. Some are just utter chaos and difficult even to see clearly. I disregard some but think deeper about others.

I have had dreams that have acted as a deterrence for me: I have seen the probable negative results if I was to make acertain choice.

3-Q.3 Do you get affected by your dreams

Sometimes.

Classique

I know a SOL member who has great knowledge of the reality of Dreams. Ask our esteemed brother, J11 (Cali) as he is well-versed in these matters. "Dreams are more real than life because it is good to think thus" he shall tell you. :D

Pucca   

how bout u just get a good night's sleep and continue living....all these questions will only mess up ur head!

ta ta

Salma   

Good Day all,

Viking: thanx for ur reply, "deja-attendu" very intresting !!

Mutaklim: Where is this Dude now? :D

Barambaro: It seems such questions mess up your head only but not mine!!

Peace

Classique,

You wrote,

Religious and Scientific explanations.

. So in your definition, Islamic religion is not in the science category, right? I think you need to reconsider what is science and what is unscientific on the bases of the other educational reality: The Islamic Knowledge.

I feel sad when I see a Muslim western educated person who is looking Islam as something less than the so-called western psuedo-science!

Salma   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Classique,

I feel sad when I see a Muslim western educated person who is looking Islam as something less than the so-called western psuedo-science!

Don't feel sad, don't feel sorry,

Don't feel bad, don't even worry.

Ya Akh Alle-Ubahni,

Who said that Islam is less than the Science or against it??!! nobody said that. You need to re-read the topic again, open your eyez well and read between da linez, all right?

I said "I think there are two explanations for the dreams, one is religous (according to my Islamic Understanding in this regard) and another explanation which is the scientific explanation (According to Segmund Freud's researches and experiments).

And when i mentioned the Scientific explanation, I didnt say Its correct and that we have to believe it. It's not necessary that every science in this world is proven and trusted science. That's why I preferred not to put them together under one explanation.

I believe they better be seperated and not mixed.

ma garatay?!

Eedo Classique,

When I say eedo, I mean your educational rank, which I believe deserves my humble respect. Eedo, you wrote,

I believe they better be seperated and not mixed.

Another critical point in line with the concept of separation of STATE AND CHURCH.

Eedo, I still respect you, but because of your views, your educational rank is getting questionable now. I think in Islam there is no such separation of science and Diin. They go together, and are an inseparable knowledge.

Mafahamtay EEDO?

Flavine   

religion without science is lame

and science without religion is blind

i think this is quoted from Einstien.

religion [not just any religion... islam!!] is beyond science.. i believe that science illuminates what Allah has already fortold us,and we havent even scratched the surface yet!!

mashallah what amazes me is the vastness of Allah's knowledge and how minute we are in all of it. a feeble comparison, something along the lines of - the universe verses an electron -> where the universe is Allah knowledge and the electron is the knowledge of all of Allah's khalq or creation including the Angles.

~ whatever i have said that is wrong is from me, and whatever is correct is from Allah ~

i hope i havent offended anyone

sister classique.. the txt is really good.. i had a funny thought that u might say something like:

'when we fall asleep all our souls intermingle and go to social/private gatherings...so thats why we seem familiar with someone we have never met..' but Alxamdulilah u didnt say something that crazy..mind u..it is what i believe..

lol.. kidding :D

Flavine   

"i have a theory about religion but probably i aint allowed to post it."

y not?

is this not a place for debate?

lol..or is sooo potent u dont want to tarnish ur squeeky clean name? --> dont worry u can polish it after u say what u gotta say ;)

here goes, i think religion is for the weak, i mean look at the "first world" and the rest ,personally i think religion is a like a good hondar car, very long lasting but man made.

So you are, confessedly, an athiest. That is to say, God did not make man, but man made God. I have had many an argument and debate with seemingly "logical" athiests (you seem to be an emotive one)and I have consistently noticed that they are as dogmatic in thier disbelief as theists' are in their beliefs(even though athiests display a fascade of logicality). You must understand that dogmatic insistence is not the "intellectual" or rational way. I doubt very much that you are intimately acquainted with the "philosophical" arguments against God; however, you seem to prefer the "emotive" drivel of your mind.

Perhaps you are not using the term "first world" in its conventional sense; the afore-mentioned term is a categorization of countries based on economic and social development. What has the "first world and the rest" to do with the logical or rational legitimacy of religon in general and Islam in particular. If you mean to say that "first world" (a subjective classification mind you) countries are more developed economically and socially as a result of thier "disbelief", then you are wrong. This is a classic case of non sequitur . In other words, your conclusion does not follow from your premises. Your claim is similar to this claim "If I read a book, then it will rain"; it simply does not follow and to infer that it does is a sign of idiocy.

In any event, next time you post anything you must needs ascertain whether your post is logical at all. You can not possibly (unless you are a depraved fool) think that you can charge religon, gratitiously, with "inferiority" and "backwardness" without providing arguments with acceptable, adequate, and relevant premises.

Maybe this "counter-argument" will "smack" some genuine logic into your admittedly irrational psyche.

here goes, i think you are weak, i mean look at the "you" and the rest , personally i think you are not even average person(perhaps mentally challenged), not very long lasting and not man made

That is to a great degree the "structure" of your fallacious argument!

Paragon   

Classique

I know a SOL member who has great knowledge of the reality of Dreams. Ask our esteemed brother, J11 (Cali) as he is well-versed in these matters. "Dreams are more real than life because it is good to think thus" he shall tell you.

Mutakalaim, yes I know the guy you are talking about! Isn't he the guy who loves to distance himself from unoriginality and plagiarism? Yeah, thats him :D

Classique, good thinking with original thoughts smile.gif Keep it up! Don't worry about this Mutakalim dude, he hasn't his own thoughts. He may achieve to dig into long-dead men's thought and occassionally accuse you of constructing 'logic with fallacies'. Lol thats all smile.gif .

J11: I find your implication downright obnoxious. To say that I am unorginal is a subjective evalutaion which you can rightly behold; however, to charge me with "plagiarism" (academic theft) is a different matter. Perhaps it was merely a typographical error on your part(or inappropriate diction). Whatever your conception of "plagiarism" is, you must realize that it does not mean "unoriginal"; they are not synonymous!

Speaking of originality, I am convinced that you believe that unreadably bad grammar and spelling are justified as hallmarks of "originality".

Paragon   

^^^ :D Muta,

Plagiarism. You may have had certain experiances with 'plagiarism', but trust me, Muta, I know what it means. smile.gif

PS: I can make grammatical and typographical errors since I do not suffer an academic cowardice. I am glad.

This forum is for communication, so you are required to be able to communicate in the language of the forum, which is English(and to some extent somali, but that will change). You do not have to be a native speaker or perfect, but you need to be decent and most of all you need to try. Would not you agree?

The recent hurricanes have had,I think, a detrimental effect on you. I am sorry to hear that.

P.S. Please do not spew that gibberish about "academic cowardice" because you know that it has, as Wittengstein would say, no-sense (compare nonsense). However, should it make you feel any better to write that, then I would suggest that you scribble it on a restroom wall somewhere instead, that gives it a timeless power.