Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Faarax

Man Marries 58 Times in 50 Years.....

So if a 13 year old girl is forced into a travesty of a marriage, you feel it's none of your concern?

The answer again is

Do you know this girl personally, or this old guy, for that matter? All we know is that he's married 58 times, and is currently married to a 13 year old girl

Yes, jumping to conclusions is not good, no matter how much you know about that country or how long you lived there. Every situation is different so lets focus on the issue at hand. Lets not be stereotypical.

he's intentionally manipulated a sharia law to justify his personal pleasures...is it legal? Yes. Is it right? No"

exactly ;)

Matrimony for pleasure, specially when another wife is divorced for no other reason than to reduce the count allowed by Islam, is far from sanctioned

True, In his case it will not be halal.

If someone is allowed to drive, smoke, work or sign a legal contract (as in marriage) then it's all good

Under which law uncle castro? :confused:

Perhabs you can be a bit more elaborative.

N.O.R.F   

Good Castro

Because he probably is a pedophile or a sex addict or both. And the marriage to 13 year old is not halal. Matrimony for pleasure alone, specially when another wife is divorced for no other reason than to reduce the count allowed by Islam, is far from sanctioned.

Good point. As Digaale said, in 'this' case (ie divorcing for no apparent reason) the marriage may not be Sheria compliant. But the theory of one (however old) is a pedo for marrying a young girl is bordering on anti-Islamic sentiments, or are we working with western laws here?

Some of y'll need to get out more. Go anywhere in the world and offer a 13 year old girl an old man in marriage and hear her say Eew in whatever language she happens to be able to say it in. Hold back her when she vomits too, be a doll.

The guy is delusional and probably gets off on boasting about his conquests. Ya hadalka ka dhageesta? Nin kale, I wager. Uff.

A 13 year old can not make a good wife, something to shag maybe but not a wife, to send to the grocery store ho-hum but not a wife. Imagine getting your first period and an old man as part of the deal. No wonder they call it the curse.

God damn. Somebody tell him no amount of women will raise his sperm count. 15 kids from 58 women. Someone do the Maths and throw the book at him.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Just common sense and some decency atheer. No western laws or morals.

But that 'COMMON SENSE' has to have been CULTIVATED over time for how else can you tell btwn what is 'COMMON SENSE' and what 'ISN'T COMMEN SENSE'? i.e. that life is precious, that government paper notes are Money that can get you SHELTER, that murder is Wrong etc.

Your 'COMMON SENSE' carries with it a BIASNESS

tht is reflective of your place and time in HISTORY.

Cara.   

Hello Mr. Jibis,

Originally posted by Mr. Jibis:

You may have said it's dangerous, but you also said it's "natural", which implies it's OK.

Not to me. Lots of objectionable things are natural. I meant in a biological sense, a couple of teens might have hormones getting the best of them, and it's dangerous because they are not the most responsible of creatures, but at least they are somewhat less likely to victimise one another. On the other hand, there's something deeply wrong with a 64 year old marrying a 13 year old. I don't have to know them personally to conclude that, Mr. Jibis. I know 13 year old girls. I was one myself, and in pristine Somalia rather than the corrupt West. And, like other 13 year olds, the thought of bonking a man the same age as my grandfather would have been abhorrent and horrifying. Play all the cultural relativism angles you want. It's just plain wrong.

I have said in this thread already that I disagree with him marrying this many women, as a temporary marriage is haram. That's not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that if the guy is 50 years older than his wife, it doesn't matter because she is old enough to make her own decision in marrying him.

And my point is that real-world experience tells me a 13 year old did not happily concede to marrying a 64 year old man with 4 wives, 54 ex-wives and 15 children (some of whom are probably older than her). We can argue forever about whether she's mature enough or not, or we can err on the side of caution and assume that, like other 13 year olds the world over, she'd rather be in 8th grade.

Just a question.....Do you know this girl personally, or this old guy, for that matter? All we know is that he's married 58 times, and is currently married to a 13 year old girl. If this girl was forced into marriage, do you think he would be bragging about it over the internet?

Why not? From what angle would he fear discovery? The Saudi authorities? Do you honestly think they would go to this girl (against her so-called husband's will) and interview her to determine if she married him willingly? When her adult counterparts are not allowed to vote, or drive a car, or travel to a neighboring town without their husbands writing them a permission slip?

By the way, I like how you question my "morality" because I don't agree with you.

I'm sorry. Not a very classy move in retrospect. I got a little carried away.

Jacpher   

I wonder if you would put forward the same reaction knowing people in your block, or city whom you go to school or work with, have as many sexual partners as you can image, probably more than 58 before they tie the knot or reach 40 years. I doubt if you go around and call them pedophile, akhas, or STIs? Please spare filmka aad inoo digeysaan.

Naden   

I don't know where you live but in my block, city or workplace, sleeping with a 13 year old child is a crime punishable by law. I gather the sexual relationships you allude to are those between consenting adults. Sleeping with half a village before marrying or reaching 40 is not considered illegal (haram, most likely) but everyone who is posting opinions on this thread knows bloody well this old bag of bones circumvents the 4 wives rule of the sharia to get as much fresh booty as possible. Please. :rolleyes:

Pedophile, akhas, STI all apply not to mention ufff, danyer, khakh tofuuu (horking, if wondering).

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I wonder if you would put forward the same reaction knowing people in your block, or city whom you go to school or work with, have as many sexual partners as you can image, probably more than 58 before they tie the knot or reach 40 years. I doubt if you go around and call them pedophile, akhas, or STIs? Please spare filmka aad inoo digeysaan.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I dont think those ppl brag about it and expect to get cheered...and specially not about laying a 13yr old.

Castro   

Ducaqabe, are you lambasting the entire gallery because you support the man's actions? What is your take on this not-so-trivial issue brought forth? Some said it's unconscionable and haram, some said it's just plain gross yet others said it's allowed in Islam but no one shouted at the gallery "Please spare filmka aad inoo digeysaan." What film is that saaxib?

Originally posted by Khayr:

Your 'COMMON SENSE' carries with it a BIASNESS

tht is reflective of your
place and time in HISTORY.

So if I'm of this time and place in history, is it safe then to assume that either you or the sexaholic senile are from another time and place in history?

Jacpher   

Naden, & Amelia:

I hope you’ve been paying attention to the news lately. High school teachers are being pregnant by thirteen-year-old students. Teenagers are sexually active and probably doing it in their school bathrooms and auditoriums. They do brag about it on TV. You’ll find them on Tyra Banks, Maury or Jerry Sprnger TV shows. Look ladies, the man has issues and that goes without saying. No need to condemn the whole ethnicity or calling names, his wealthy has enabled him to do so and that should speak volumes on how the system can be manipulated to favor a loaded man with connections. Attention is needed in here, not a blinded sicko mind that leads a fantasy life.

Castro:

Ducaqabe’s comments sound too supportive so he’s? Where there’s smoke, there’s probably a fire miyey sheekadu mareysaa? I offer no support to irresponsible man whose manipulative mind get a way to satisfy his sexaula pleasures without crossing the Sharia line. What happened to the mutawiciin is what I should be asking. The entire gallery seems to get shocked at old men marrying young girls as if this was new to us, Somali tradition. Before you point the dirtiness of someone else’s backyard, let’s clean ours. You and I know there're plenty Somali elders doing the same thing if not worst.

A temporary marriage in Islam is Haram. No ifs, ands or buts. Those so called marriages are void; Now wouldn't that mean he's commiting mass adultry?