Sign in to follow this  
Mutakalim

Islamic Existentialism

N.O.R.F   

^^ Imperical evidence is a plenty. You choose not be lead by it but rather use 'logic'. Imperical evidence is used to aid each side of the argument so stop side stepping and tell us ya JB. What is your imperical evidence for your argument that there is no god?

Originally posted by J B:

My position is not beeing fairly charged, That any attempt to prove a negative of this magnitude will not lend itself to testability depends not on my position, it depends on the nature of theist's omnipresent claim.

I got that part. My issue is with your Atheism and contending that Atheism is at least as irrational as theism. Both are claims and counter-claims that can't be confirmed one way or another. Where are the confirming, tangible facts for your Atheism? If Theism has shortcomings, that alone doesn't automaticaly make Atheism tenable proposition. Atheism still has to pull it's own weight and make the case for it's acceptance as true. In an essense, you're saying Theism is like any other loony credo for which no corroborating hard evidence exists. Lets for arguendo say that is true. Are you also as conspicuously anti-UFOist, Anti-Loc ness monsterist, Anti-Big Footist? How is your belief, predicated on another faith system that you allege is empirically lacking, make your Athesim anything more than your belief?

Johnny B   

Ngonge

I'd love to be here and bring my unfairly cherged position to bedrock if and when you promise to keep Northrener away form my hair.

I'm quite satisfied by exchanging with SB,CARA,XIIN whose eloquence and logic i do understand to the bones.

Originally posted by Northerner:

:D

Still waiting jb!

Stop waiting from him, awoowe. The man lives in Sweden, based on what his location reads, and knows nothing about Islam. He knows the culture of Sweden, where more christians live without being religious and more christians doubt the existance of God, the almighty.

JB is exactly pouring with the flow, and the flow of his adopted culture is how he is presenting himself to us!

Good luck, yaa JB. I am sure you can't beat Cara, the greatest Athiest in SOL!

She can be his (jb) pastor, or preist! But I tend to forget Socod_Badne, the little flip flop unbecoming Athiest who even argues against his minority diinlaaweyaal group!

I wonder if they are soon to bring NGONGE on board for their cause to remain active doubters on Allah's existance!

I need more rumours about Ngonge, he is one out of border liberal, indeed!

Pujah   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

I got that part. My issue is with your Atheism and contending that Atheism is at least as irrational as theism. Both are claims and counter-claims that can't be confirmed one way or another. Where are the confirming, tangible facts for your Atheism? If Theism has shortcomings, that alone doesn't automaticaly make Atheism tenable proposition. Atheism still has to pull it's own weight and make the case for it's acceptance as true. In an essense, you're saying Theism is like any other loony credo for which no corroborating hard evidence exists. Lets for arguendo say that is true. Are you also as conspicuously anti-UFOist, Anti-Loc ness monsterist, Anti-Big Footist? How is your belief, predicated on another faith system that you allege is empirically lacking, make your Athesim anything more than your
belief?

Does this mean you no longer subscribe to atheism?

Can anyone tell me why do we have so many religions?

and honestly without pulling on your side of religion, which religion today shows to have more direct acts of GODS LOVE(God touching men, like healing of the sick people, those who have been born blind given their sight back again, authority over sheytan-instead of believing there are good sheytans, etc) which intells that the one who created us loves us?

"There are those who scoff at the school boy, calling him frivolous and shallow. Yet it was the school boy who said, Faith is believing what you know ain't so."

Nobody deserves to be helped who don't try to help himself, and "faith without works" is a risky doctrine.