Sign in to follow this  
pearl

could this be u?

pearl   

perhaps

one day coming home waiting for the elevator....after a long wait one finally came..

there was 2 paramedics inside...and the bed they were carrying was in an up right position facing opposite to me...so i couldnt really see who they were carrying or if there was anyone at all ..... so i back up a bit to give them same space to leave…. one of the guys rudely slams the beds wheels on to the floor to wheel it out.....i got annoyed by the sound but boy was in for a shocker...the next thing i saw was a closed bag...my heart skipped a beat...cuz i realized they were carrying a dead body...the body shook cuz of it....i was soo shocked i couldnt even express my thoughts to him...i thought that be extremely disrespectful and unprofessional.... just imagine the pain the deceased must be feeling…. the more i thing about it the more i want to get the hell out of here cuz iam sick of this invisible prison.... i want to die in a land where my body is respected.

this is notin compared to what is going on here there has been many instincts where if a healthy person dies a natural death, the body goes through autopsy for ridiculous reasons and the organs are removed without consent from the deceased’s family.... everyone’s says its a shame but no action is put forward to stop it either. this procedure is targeting the minorities.

the somali community is not doing anything about it nor does it want to, cuz its funded by the government… they don’t want to jeopardize their precious jobs….they hardly help the community anyways….i have seen many of the employees caming late to work and leaving early….i used to be one… smile.gif ..there is a person sent out to check the productivity of these communities once a year and on such date the community is flooded with fictitious ppl who are paid to to be asking for help….

somthing gota give...any suggestions...

LadyMo   

I agree dat a corpse in dis country mite not be treated wiv de appropriate care and respect dat it deserves & yeah its unfair dat sum organs (if wat u said is true) removed from the corpses durin 'unnecessary' autopsies of ppl of ethnic minorities.

But if u think about it, around 1% of ppl of ethnic minorities are organ donors. Howeva a much larger proportion of ethnic ppl require vital organs daily. We expect de NHS to provide us wiv a kidney or a heart but we dont wana giv anythin back. Well I was wonderin if these ppl hav heard de sayin

'u get wat u giv'.

So next time an uncle or aunt hav a major operation or even a simple blood test remember it all comes from another person, so wat makes us (ethnic minory ppl) any better than them??

I am not entirely certain about the religious aspects of donatin organs or blood, but wat I do kno is dat as Muslims we hav to do everythin we can in order to maintain the life of another human regardless of their race or creed. As Savin 1 mans life is like savin all of mankind.

If any1 else knows more about wat the Holy Quran says about this matter plz share it wiv us all (or PM me)

Pearl I agree wiv everythin u've written & sorry for puttin a different angle on de story :cool:

pearl   

ExDane:

But if u think about it, around 1% of ppl of ethnic minorities are organ donors. Howeva a much larger proportion of ethnic ppl require vital organs daily. We expect de NHS to provide us wiv a kidney or a heart but we dont wana giv anythin back. Well I was wonderin if these ppl hav heard de sayin

'u get wat u giv'.

like u said..its about giving not stealing... these ppl dont get permission from the deceased family in the first place.

call me selfish but i wouldnt want my body being cut to pieces for the life of another...well maybe to someone am extremely close too...

ladymo, i have witnessed what u talking about! i use to work in children hospital during my college days(i never took no loans). i was an orderly who wheeled kids to the surgrey room in children hospital. what i witnessed shock me! doctors just remove body parts w/o the family permission from expired ones. u named it they removed eye balls etc.

i ask one nurse why, and shes like, well its come one procedure was here reply! this abuse needs to stop!

anyone saw the news clip last nite about a doc in baltimore who came up with way to make kidneys anti-bodies except anyone! this looks like new revolutinary method of doing transplants

however, all receivers were white!!!

i wonder how blks and colored died since then waiting for one! i believe this happened in john hopkins university!

Cutting out organs without the relatives consent is theft. Theft of organs is a crime.Beleive there had been scandals in the Uk especially at childrens hospitals. I agree with you all but when it comes to the cornea.according to law in alot of countries you can excise it without the relatives consent to save another persons eye sight and well nobody notices it.

LadyMo   

Originally posted by pearl:

like u said..its about giving not stealing...

As pearl stated I was talkin about donorin organs not sayin its OK to steal body parts, I was simply puttin an argument forth.

Originally posted by ExDane:

I agree dat a corpse in dis country mite not be treated wiv de appropriate care and respect dat it deserves

:cool:

U guys look at it dis way; May Allah Forbid dis from eva happenin, but say u were in a car crash wiv ur best friend and a sister or a brother, u died and ur heart could save the life of ur sibling, u wudnt b able to consent wat wud u like to hav happened if u were able to consent? Wat about givin ur organ to ur best friend? (dont forget ur dead!)

Or wud u sign a donor list which is discriminatory as it wud state u'd only provide so and so wiv ur precious body parts if they need it?