Sign in to follow this  
Amina daughter of Nikatau

Should Girls Make The First Move??

Aaliyyah   

lol@ way i diiday ....here have some tissues....cry it all out....

farey lool gabadh nin usoo dhaqaaqasa oo dhaha come marry me..it's fishy...iska hubso uun :D

salaam

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by farey:

Haddii ay gabar ku tiraahdo ina Abti ma is guursanaa miyaad ka shakin laheyd mise waad guursan lahayd-

Ma gabar aan wada socono, mise tu qalaad?

Tu qalaad maya.

making the first move doesn't necessarily mean coming across as desperate. Sometimes guys feel shy or don't see your signals. If you think it's worth it, go ahead and say something. Anything.

lol just ask me for a cigarette or something and I'll get it. Otherwise, it can be difficult to get just from glances.

Rose   

getting someone else to do the first move on her behalf is ok in my books..but to directly make the first move herself.. alone... LIKE OMG!!

having said that, there is nothing wrong if she does islamically if done the right way with the right intentions (none of that asking out for a date business)...

Why would it be inappropriate? Simply because society is silly is by no means a reason to conform to its stringently illogical ideals. Hell if I found a man I was truly obsessed with and thought that he'd make the perfect (well almost perfect) husband- then why should I wait for him to pop the question? Though after a successful husband hunting campaign I'm sure that he'll free fall into my lap like a excited little puppy himself-begging for us to wed as soon as possible.

If however he happens to be of the stubborn persuasion then I shall daze and overwhelm him with my undying promises of the greatest devotion possible (be it true or not), shower him with unearthly praise, recite the most touching of poetry, win his family and especially his mother over with my dazzling Somali cooking, sweet smile and moderately falsified pious air. A woman should always appear to be greater than the man she is marrying-that way your husband will always be a step or two behind of you and you can rely on your mother in law to always take your side in any foreseeable arguments.

I would have no qualms in beginning a love conquering campaign whereby I shall visit him at work if needs be and bring him parcels of delicious food, bat my eyelashes, always look gorgeous be charismatic-sharp and most of all charming(trick him into believing I'm some cookie baking marry sue-far from the truth but he need not know my secrets before we wed and start living together-I'll save any surprises till after the wedding)

In conclusion-there is nothing wrong in pursuing that which you desire. So long as you do it successfully and do with out compromising your sharaf. By that I mean don't allow any future would be hubbies to sample any bodily treats before the wedding. Pamper him, stuff him with food, woo him, make him feel as if he is more important that he actually is and then when when you do marry? You really get to the business of laying down your actual rules. (grins) Shows over when the curtain his pulled up? He'd probably wish he never married me in the first place. (Cackles evilly)

Truly though any persons who care what others shall think or say about them is just silly. Get a backbone and don't live a life full of regrets.

Having said all of that, I'm yet to meet a man who is worthy of such an excellent military campaign, if any of you do know of one? Then please feel free to bring this unearthly wonder forth. :D

chubacka   

^hahaha, great read Siren, but am serioulsy would you pursue a guy so earnestly?

And bearing in mind one of the conditions for the "campaign" :D is that it has to be successful do you tink suffocating him would be the right approach.

I agree with you if a guy seems amazingly right for you in everyway (and no, not the one every other girl in the neighbourhood has a crush on) then it would be a shame not to somehow show you are interested but in a more subtle way I would say, although this will have to be imaginative and might take as much military planning as the full onslaught you outlined.

Either way is v. brave and the guy has to be completely worth your time and effort.

Happy (tactful) pursuing!

Pursuing a man is a waste of time :rolleyes: . The act of pursuing and wooing is truly one that men enjoy more than anything,so why deprive them? I have never seen a man who is content to be pursued! There are subtle ways to convey your feelings should a certain Farah arouses your interest, but pursuit by foot is a no-no, hell to the no :mad: