Sign in to follow this  
Amina daughter of Nikatau

Should Girls Make The First Move??

Originally posted by Pucca:

^im with that view.

I just dont see why i need to bother myself..

I just don't see why I should even bother as well then.

If you're not going to make the move please don't expect me to do it. Nah Uh ***folds arms & turns to the side*** :D

Pucca   

*high five* on that! i suppose we could all just stand/sit on opposite sides and just stare down one another. Such fun!

I absolutely agree. I wouldnt make any direct or inderect move :eek: because I can just imagine how the convo would go on the first date. Here is what one might expect from a Farah:

Farah(sits there smugly and checks his reflection on the mirror) so *heblaayo* wuz good?

Halimo( nervously stares at Farah and waits for the usual Farah compliments and the ooing and the aahs on first dates but nothing :D . Farah has climbed on a high horse): nothing much wallahi.

Farah(sitting high on his throne) so I assume you havent done this before.

Halimo: No.

Farah: yeah, right :rolleyes:

Halimo: whats that supposed to mean?

Farah: Com on, dont play innocent. It is Ok. I get approached all the times, dont feel bad.

Halimo( feeling slightly sick to her stomach) I knew I shouldnt have done this. Gota go.

Farah( feeling confused and slightly irritated): Ok. so you're picking up the check then?

Halimo(feeling disoriented :confused: ): But it is our first date...

Farah: But You asked me out :D

Halima: Remind me to never do this again.

Listen girls, asking a guy out is a big NO NO!

Ibtisam   

^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL C&H Qax qax looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Oh my god, loool. Thanks for the laugh! LOOOL

J.Lee   

If you want to then you should. It just depends on the way you do it.

Personally, when a guy approaches me I get turned off by it. I like to do all the selecting then go in for the kill (it's the tomboy in me).

Don't judge me lol. Lately though I am starting to feel different.

Cara.   

^So tell us, is there any truth to C&H's predictions? Or are the Farahs so grateful and impressed that they have mad respect for a girl's daring?

**Waiting, pen poised

underdog   

Originally posted by Cara:

^So tell us, is there any truth to C&H's predictions? Or are the Farahs so grateful and impressed that they have mad respect for a girl's daring?

**Waiting, pen poised

LOL @ mad respect for a girl's daring. In your dreams!

Personally I think its a bit of a turn off when a girl makes the first move, but I'm just old skool like that.

A woman making the first move lacks femininity. The mysterious grace and inviting calmness is gone. Although with all the role reversals going on these days I'm sure some of the new borderline metro guys might actually be flattered by the whole thing.

You should talk to some of the older generation and learn how less is more when a woman is interested in a man. There's ways she can project her interest without blurting out "Hey Yo! you wanna take me to a movie?"

NGONGE   

^^Your theory would probably apply to one coming to you and slapping you on the back loudly before shouting: do you want to take me out, old boy?

But what if she approaches you simpering, giggling and playing with hair masar (I was going to say hair but we are talking Somali girls here)? :D

Ms DD   

No hair on Somali girls?

Gaanjibo is the one who initiates it without him ever realising. You make all the moves whilst making him think that he is the one making all the moves.

Besides, men always like what they cant have. Old rule. So mom always told me to play hard to get and he will come running into the shabaq!

underdog   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Gaanjibo is the one who initiates it without him ever realising. You make all the moves whilst making him think that he is the one making all the moves.

Besides, men always like what they cant have. Old rule. So mom always told me to play hard to get and he will come running into the shabaq!

Thats what I'm talking about...Make me think it was all my idea and my plan and everything works out great.