Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Stimulation or Utter boredom?

Warmoog   

Good question…

I’m a newbie here and although I’ve contributed to a few others discussion boards in the past, this is definitely ‘the one’ I’ve been looking for. As you might already know, there are quite a few Somali forums out there. Finding the right one, however, has been somewhat of a painstaking search for me. I came across discussion boards that should, for the sake of accuracy, just be called boards because there was no discussion. Some contained plenty of contributors and posts but had an obvious lack of substance and, thus, appeared pointless and superficial. With a few others, the vital signs of life often disappeared quickly and, as the stench of brain-farts grew, I often lost interest and wandered elsewhere. All shall remain anonymous! My initial observations here have noted the following – contributors aren’t afraid to write long articles… and they use full sentences! Simple things make me so happy. Honestly, considering this site’s lively atmosphere and insightful contributors, I think my long search is finally over. And as far as what motivates me to write, I would have to say that stimulation and boredom both play a role. Sometimes I feel a strong urge to write (often to no one in particular), but interacting with other nomads makes the task that much more engaging.

Salaama.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Gediid:

quote:Originally posted by Opinionated:

Honestly, the only thing that inspires me to even be logged on to the internet is my job. I am required to stare at a pc for hours on end. Therefore, I have to find something entertaining to do. This is not the only forum that I participate in. Whatever my interests are at the time, I try to find the suitable site to indulge in.

Thank you.....Everything I do revolves around sitting behind a freaking PC Mon-Fri 8-9 hrs a day

I'm sure the many forums I pass time on during that period is my way of keeping my sanity....And the day surely passes by really quick.
Same coin but different sides, Yes my job involves staring at the screen for atleast 8hrs a day but I don't get a single free minute to get online,(while at work that is) so I ask when do you actually get to do the job you're paid to do if you spend most of you time here??

p.s are there any vacancies in your line of work?

Gediid   

^^^^^Work whats that ....

but hey lately things have been boring on SOL so am seriously thinking of quitting,not even posts ever since the ESL kids went on their Christmas break.....

Wanna apply I could put in a word or 2 or a how about a whole thread as your reference :D

Faheema.   

Wanna apply I could put in a word or 2 or a how about a whole thread as your reference
:D

^^^ Smashing :D:D .

Gediid   

Wlc back Barwaaqo,I see you have recovered from the festivities of the new year,ismaan laheyn till February waa la arki Barwaaqo but the sooner the better walaalo ,you have been missed and I have been keeping the seat warm for your return @ af-cadceedis.com.Its been hard running the show without the YOU.

Faheema.   

lol Bee Does it require any previous experience? If not, 'am sending my application via DHL :D:D and be sure to put in a good word for me ;)

Wlc back Barwaaqo,I see you have recovered from the festivities of the new year,ismaan laheyn till February waa la arki Barwaaqo but the sooner the better walaalo ,you have been missed and I have been keeping the seat warm for your return @ af-cadceedis.com.Its been hard running the show without the YOU.

Ah, bless. Nice to know I've been missed G. I assumed you would get another coach-potato to replace me!

Huda,

Of course I'll put in a good word for you. Just emphasise your laziness and utter contempt for authority on your CV and u'll be in like a shot. ;)

Gediid   

U welcome Barwaaqo,maxaan ka yeelnaa Huda.I have a feeling she wont be as productive as we would want her to be.You wanna take a chance on her mise xaalku BARAX......... :D

Sophist   

Guessing from where the thread is heading so far! Utter boredem it is then huh!!!

Barwaaqo macaantey, there is a lecture at Soas this Friday on Somalia: Economy without an State. There is a book launch by Peter Little Plitical Economist Prof from Kentacy Univ States. The book's title is that of the title of the lecture.

Thus Spake I