Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Am I missing something?

Steve   

What am I missing? While the talking heads on TV, the psychologists and psychiatrists are scrambling to find the reason for the accused adult D.C.-area sniper's abnormal activities in his childhood, in his military past, in his failed marriages, etc., I see a common denominator.

I see a common thread that runs through this terrorist and the terrorists in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Philadelphia, Pa., Washington, D.C., New York City, Kashmir, Moscow, Indonesia, Yemen, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Israel, Sudan, Nigeria, Syria, Lebanon, Japan, Pakistan, Philippines, Egypt, etc.

That common thread is they are all Muslims. Does saying this out loud make it true, or is the unfathomable true? Could a billion people, abroad and at home, really be looking to destroy the United States and freedom?

Is the phrase "peaceful religion" a hollow phrase and if Islam is a "peaceful religion," just how many extremists are out there? What am I missing?

Hey Steve You sound more like some i heard on TV?! : you are not missing much bro. This is a propaganda war to lebel someone the bad guy or the enemy. And what could be a better candidate then 1 billion+ Muslims. Not all 1 billion+ Muslim hate Americans, but they all object to the American Forieng policy that makes their lifes so miserable. How could you fight against terrorism when you are supporting the biggest terrorist in the world (Israel) :confused: . How could you make democracy previal when you are supporting undemocratic ragiems (the Husni Mubarak of Egypt). So Steve, if the Guys in leadership support such things to further the wealth and power, eveantually it will catch up with them. But it is really heartbreaking that innocent American Lifes, who know nothing of the Foriegn policy, die :( .

Steve: Please consider looking deep into the American foriegn policy, may be that will enlighten you about this issue. Dont listin what the media tells you bro, Muslims dont hate America.

p.s. As far as questioning if Islam is Peacefull religoin, the answer is big "Yes". And i read from some where that the number of extremists doubled since the war against terrorism.

''I see a common denominator''

U do well it is interesting that most of your civilised country men have been quick to potray the world as being Evil and that things where as Black and white as 'you either with us, or against us' in which case ur a Rouge/terrorist.

The common denominator that u have seen is exactly wot the media wants you to see.

I can try and point out the obvious facts that are expertly bia-pased by so many of ur TV Heads as u put it, but i would only be repeatng what kcabuji has said.

The fact of the matter is Your country is @ a very important cross roads in its history. It Can becomes a Benin peacful force.

Or it can continue to give in to the whims of the 1-5 % of ur populus and try to expand its interets and continue to subdugate billons of people world-wide Muslims and non-muslims alike to this new form of imperialism where its interests are above all else.

What is certain though is that if it continues on this sliparry slop then u bound to slip up and if history's taught us a lessson, well it is that these states (Romans, British etc etc) have never learned from history and the time will come when your country will be brought to its Knee's

Changed   

steve dont let the media dominate ur mind think with ur head rather than letting the media think for you .........the answer to ur question is given to u by urself .......look how they are looking for reasons to find out about why the sniper killed all those people ..........that cuz he is an american...and y do they make the muslims do bad that u have answered ur self>>>>>>>>

STEVE POSTED A LETTER TO THE EDITOR FROM THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE:

http://augustachronicle.com

Sniper and terrorists all Muslims

Web posted Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 5:31 p.m. EST

Letter to the Editor

What am I missing? While the talking heads on TV, the psychologists and psychiatrists are scrambling to find the reason for the accused adult D.C.-area sniper's abnormal activities in his childhood, in his military past, in his failed marriages, etc., I see a common denominator.

I see a common thread that runs through this terrorist and the terrorists in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Philadelphia, Pa., Washington, D.C., New York City, Kashmir, Moscow, Indonesia, Yemen, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Israel, Sudan, Nigeria, Syria, Lebanon, Japan, Pakistan, Philippines, Egypt, etc.

That common thread is they are all Muslims. Does saying this out loud make it true, or is the unfathomable true? Could a billion people, abroad and at home, really be looking to destroy the United States and freedom?

Is the phrase "peaceful religion" a hollow phrase and if Islam is a "peaceful religion," just how many extremists are out there? What am I missing?

Richard Greene, Evans, Ga.

--From the Sunday, November 17, 2002 printed edition of the Augusta Chronicle

I knew i have seen this posting some where, loooooooooool, i just could not remember. I just could not figure out whether i heard on TV or read it on the web. Somali-Man, thanks for refreshing my memory.

WaaW, Steve: what are you trying to complish at the Nomad Net?

Blessed   

In one of his notes the snipper said that he WAS indeed GOD!

Subxan Allah... You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that is not an islamic ideal. But then again, people are rather selective about what they choose to hear with regards to Islam.

It is really funny. When Isreal brutalises the Palestinians.. it is not about religion.

When the IRA place bombs killing innocent civilians.... it is not about religion.

When Bush wages war on practicly every vulnerable 'muslim' state ... it is not about religion.

I can go on and on.... if te culprit is not muslim .. his/her religion is not important.

But if an Arab/africa/Asian (anyone affliated with the muslim religion) as much as expresses dislike to a western state..ideal or Whatever. It is about the 'fanatic' Islamic ideology. it seems to me that Muslims are never granted the right to individualism!

now tell me .... What am I missing?

Dhimbil   
[/in one of his notes the snipper said that he WAS indeed GOD!

Subxan Allah... You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that is not an islamic ideal. But then again, people are rather selective about what they choose to hear with regards to Islam.

It is really funny. When Isreal brutalises the Palestinians.. it is not about religion.

When the IRA place bombs killing innocent civilians.... it is not about religion.

When Bush wages war on practicly every vulnerable 'muslim' state ... it is not about religion.

I can go on and on.... if te culprit is not muslim .. his/her religion is not important.

But if an Arab/africa/Asian (anyone affliated with the muslim religion) as much as expresses dislike to a western state..ideal or Whatever. It is about the 'fanatic' Islamic ideology. it seems to me that Muslims are never granted the right to individualism!

now tell me .... What am I missing?

QUOTE]

Steve, tell us, What are we missing?

thanks ameenah.

Ameenah....Ditto!

Could it be possible that Islam has become the new 'enemy' because it is the only idealogy left to oppose capitalism from taking over the world?

Since the end of the cold-war and the demise of Communism...the West in general and America in particular have been on a global mission to spread their capitalist ideals and neo-liberal agendas...usually by blackmail or force, through the IMF and World Bank policies and programs (i.e. Structural Adjustment Programs...SAPs).

I find it very ironic that the minute the US (and capitalist system) claimed victory over the disintegration of the USSR (and communism of course)...the spotlight turned on Islam. I guess they had to find a new bogus 'enemy' to fill the chasm.

Steve...why don't u ask urself why these so-called Islamic 'fundamentalists' and 'extremists' seem like a new phenomenon? After all, these ppl (Palestine, Kashmir, Chechnya, Afghanistan) have been in conflict way before 9/11. All the supposed 'attrocities' u've been hearing about have been going on for a long time, and have usually been inflicted on Muslims. Is it any wonder that they fight back?

So, why the sudden interest? Maybe because that interest is very useful for Dubya's 'war on terrorism'.

A war without end, without definition, without justification, without legitimacy and without a specific target (except that those attacked should be Muslims or of geo-political interest to the US).

So please, the next time u get the urge to ask redundant questions...DON'T. U can't expect to come on a Muslim site and ask inane questions about Islam. I'm sure this has been said many times...but I'll say it again. If u want to know about the Islamic religion, read the Qur'an and the main Hadiths. Everything u want to know u'll find there. It's up to u to make up ur mind about whether Islam is a peaceful religion or not.

I think I've said enough.

Blessed   

Barwaqo

Absolutely sweetie. Coulnd't have put it any better :D

You cannot judge a religion on the basis of it's followers. and you cannot bully people and expect them not to hit back.

Baashi   

Steve,

What u r missing is a common sense...I said this cuz I wouldn't mind if u were a victim of the "Media" lies but it seems to me that ur problem is a deep seated hostility toward Islam and u r looking some1 to confirm it for u..even the far right, biased media won't do it for u..how sad!

Barwaaqo...u put it quite eloquently...u r very articulate sis.

Bachelor   

My fellow bay arean steve!

The media is nothing but impartial when it comes to Muslims and Islam. The professional characterstic of excellency has become unquestionably doubtful. Recently the ethic of journalism is unworthy of our valuable time.