Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Do we have a legal chance to contest a greater Somalia?

Som@li   

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

quote:Originally posted by Dabshid:

Great article, Thanks Horn, I believe greater Somalia is a dead dream,and will not eventuate in our life time, one must learn how to walk before runs, but O-G-A-D-N-I-A,soon or later will eventually have a freedom, and their own state.

And NFD, I think they are happy and better off with Kenya.

^^^Bullocks!

Insha Allah, when Somalia gets its act together and becomes once again a great nation equal with the rest of the world, we will have every right to persue the union of all Somali peoples in the horn.
IT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.

When that day comes, am sure both occupied western Somalia and the northern frontier district will want to re-unite with mother Somalia.
Dreamer, :D . adigii baa xaarka cunaya markaas baad leedahay cid baa igu soo biiri, Wake up.

Coloow   

Dabshid, dhiigeeyga ka kicin xsaaxib. Could you please give the reasons why the NFD is better off under Kenya? I would understand if you would have written "given the current situation the NFD cannot be part of Somalia". The NFD should opt for self determination! It is not part of Kenya!!!!!!!!!

Som@li   

Baadiyow, Saxb NFD is not like OGa-denia, their people have freedom and choose their leaders, they get education,Health, etc and part of the Kenyan govenrment ,it is a great injustice by the British when they gave NFD to Kenya in 1960s, though majority of them wanted to join Somalia, but these issues can ONLY be address once Somalia gets back on track.

Coloow   

Dabshid, I am convinced that you don't know anything about the past and present of the NFD. You are insulting many somalis with your claims. Health care, security, education ku lahaa!!!!

The situation of the NFD is spelled as marginalisation and colonialisation.

ilax   

Dabshidow, you are absolutely right for having that good dreams. But,these are some of the questions are roaring in my mind: when do you think that dream of having OGADN-state/Somali-galbeed will come in to existence? do you think that We are in the right path to reach there? What can we learn from Somalia for our goodness? To happen this good dream, What needs to be done? What options do we have to reach there, soverignity/ freedom? Otherwise, the target is perfect and excellent, but there is tactical deficeincy

Look if Somalia (the former Republic of Somalia)becomes stable and economical and socially viable then the areas of NFD and the "Somali State" in Ethiopia would want to join. I thinks its obvious that at current time NFD is better off with Kenya. But Kenya is having political trouble right now and Ethiopia I believe will have a regime change which will have enormous social and economic ramification for Ethiopia. During this time if Somalia can unite for the people (not for warlords, clans, or religion) then in the eyes of everyone Somalia would be truly a wonderful place (in comparison) and the idea of unification is already a desire but it would become a realistic desire.

ilax   

SKY, you have forwarded tunnal- vission type scenerio, do you think things will go smoothly as such in this region.The existing political situatioon of Somalis aborts all possible hope of having that scanerio. Even if the instablity spill over creates choas and turmoil in Ethiopia and Kenya, they won't be fool like Somalis, and no chance of such disaster induced revival of GS, but for me the plight of the people in the occupied will keep its momuntom. GS ideology is burried a long time and even no feasible chance of its servival. The Somalis in Kenya are better off in Kenya and doing well and won't listen us inviting to this hell and people in Ogadn, should double their liberation efforts and stand on their won feet, not dreaming the perished hope of GS. Just support them if you can to get their business done by them selves.

Although i believe that there is no such a thing as legal way to gaining back or at least freeing the two regions i can also see no other alternative than to try and pursue those objectives through the international courts.

This will probably require alot of evidence gathering such digging into the past records and also from current living conditions and behaviour of these nations towards the Somalis that will clearly show that they are mistreated and not seen as citizens.

It is not going to be easy and i dont know how this is going to be done but it is important to show these western governments and more importantly to their citizens that they are neither so innocent nor will this go away so that they can sleep happily while their mistakes continue to cost lives and also that they are still able to right their past wrongs.

Most of this work will have to be carried out by those somalis who are directly affected by all this but if they choose to go down this hard road of doing things peacefully any somali who does not lend a hand will not need an enemy for his/her conscience won let them rest in peace.

This will also mean not lending a hand to those who choose violence because it will be counterproductive on many different levels including support of many foreigner and possibly also of somalis themselves. Besides if we go down this route and were to start gathering evidence of maltreatment these horrible governments wont be able to retaliate harshly since that, if caught on video, will add to the legitimacy of our cause. If they wont our cause will also be aided because our people will get atleast peace or freedom from physical harm and we can then push further for more freedoms including that of self determination.

I understand some will argue that under certain conditions, especially those in Ethiopia where oppression is said to be so severe that the entire somali region can be likened to a large prison, the only channel left open is that of violent struggle. Still i strongly believe that all energy directed outwards aimlessly is energy lost while that directed within or targeted is the most fruitful that is why patience and endurance have the ability to increase our determination and focus while instant gratifications makes us weaker.

For the work that has already piled up for us Somalis it beats me that we still do not know where we need to be heading as a people.