Sign in to follow this  
safi

book review: A Mighty Collision of Two Worlds

Xafsa   

She has another book coming out?....Maasha-alaah. The first book was a great read and I'm looking forward to the 2nd. Thank you safi for posting.

safi   

Salaamu alaikum!

Thanks all for your support.

And yes, my second book is coming soon, inshaAllah. I have the cover artwork posted at www.authorsden.com/safiabdi

And yes, I'd love to see you all there to critiqe the works. Besides the books I've some other stuff of Islamic interest, do check them out. Your feedback is most appreciated. I'd also need a Somali reviewer for the second book, any takers?

HornAfriqe:

I don't know about the "wonderful" bit but it's me trying to sound more professional:) In writing circles they tell you to refer to your self in the third person! Just following the rules!

Wassalam,

Safi

Just to echo the sentiments off Muraad it was great to see a positive story for once of our somali ppl. By all accounts safi you sound like an amazing person mashallah we need more bple like you

ayaanick   

I am the proud little sis of the (published author)...I read the draft(2001/2002) of the the new book sounded very interesting then, and can't to get my autograghed copy..safi!!!(I have already paid my dues for just being blood)!!!

luv ya!!

khadra

safi   

Salaamu 'alaikum all!

Actually, it's through my Baby sister Khadra that I got to know this site; a wonderful site by all accounts. Am particularly fond of the 'camel milk' threads and it's good that the Admin is trying to give it a facelift.

A little advice from an older sister, though: let's leave the generalizations "about our Arab brethren" to the western media. We Somalis have plenty of dirt in our own backyard, anyway. This is a good forum to address these and you are the future of Somalia.

JazaAkallahu kyran!

Safi

http://www.authorsden.com/safiabdi

Changed   

i read few pages of ur book the mighty collision of two worlds over the summer and i loved it , i will tell ya how good when am done, ;)

keep the good job coming safi

Ashwaq   

Safi Salaams,

I received your book, signed by you, early in one morning, right infront of my door. Thank you very much. It was a pleasant surprise! I used to ride buses and Metro (subway). It was hell driving to and fro DC. I read all through my ride, and read when I get to work, I was peaking all day long, read through out my lunch break, and read through the ride back and in the wee hours of the night. Your book was fascinating to me. I loved it. I called my friends and asked them to get a copy. I love all things Somali, I think I have read every book written by Somali Author. can get enough of them. We need more writer.

You are an inspiration to all young somali girls. Someone to look up to: A pious Muslima, an educated woman (Journalist),a mother, a wife and a writer. Maansha Allah!

Brings to mind that new book, " How does she do it" smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif can wait to get your new book. Insha Allah, I will be on the look out when it comes out. I come here from time to time. Keep it up sis. Allah ha kuu kordhiyo kartidaada. Amin

Sophist   

Salamu Alaikum Safi,

It would be a great honour if you could confer upon me the task of reviewing your upcoming book. I shall with lucid prose review with objective-though I suspect fictional works have little intrinsic objectivity in them. ( Of course all these being my subjective evaluation independent from universal reality)

Sophist