Sign in to follow this  
jabarti

First Ever Space Marriage

jabarti   

Sheeko Soomaali ayaa waxay leedahay, dhurwaa ay gaajo ku cagaaratay ayaa wuxuu arkay daanyeer siisocda oo daba guduudan, markaas ayaa wuxuu yidhi "Ragna hilib ayay la yihiin ragna dabaday ku war-warteen"

My point is that, there are some people here on earth who can't find a right person to marry, where as some others are marrying on space. what a different world.

Jabarti

Couple Says "I Do" In First Ever Space Marriage

The bride poses with a cardboard cutout of her husband

WASHINGTON, August 11 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - The bride, in a sleeveless white gown, had her feet firmly planted on the ground. The groom, in a blue flight suit with black bowtie, was almost over the moon.

When a judge pronounced them man and wife they blew each other kisses across the ether, in a ceremony being touted as the first wedding to be celebrated between Planet Earth and space, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported Monday, 11 August.

The groom, Russian cosmonaut Yury Malenchenko, was aboard the orbiting International Space Station, hurtling some 400 kilometers (240 miles) above New Zealand, during the ceremony Sunday afternoon, August 10.

His bride, 27-year-old Yekaterina Dmitriyeva, was in an auditorium at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas that had been decorated to look like a wedding chapel.

"My favorite moment was when the judge read the poem and when I got to read my poem to Yuri and just feeling the whole moment of it," the radiant brunette with gold star glitter in her hair told reporters at her wedding reception at a nearby restaurant.

"It was so cool. It was just straight to the heart. I almost wept," she said. "As Yuri is the furthest away, we are the closest because of the communication that we have," she said.

While guests enjoyed smoked salmon and borscht, she posed for pictures with a life-sized cardboard cutout of her new husband.

"It was a celestial, soulful connection that we have," she added.

Malenchenko and his best man, U.S. astronaut Edward Lu, participated via video, appearing on a huge screen in front of the wedding party and some 200 invited guests.

Lu played a wedding march on a keyboard he brought to the space station as Dmitriyeva marched down the aisle on the arm of a family friend standing in for the Russian cosmonaut.

The two space compatriots had also arranged to have a wedding ring and tailcoat delivered on a supply vessel to the ISS, where they are on a six-month tour.

Malenchenko, 41, proposed to Dmitriyeva in December before blasting off for the ISS in April. The two decided they couldn't wait for his October return to tie the knot.

Texas law allows a marriage to be celebrated when one of the parties is absent for valid reasons - usually because they are in the military or in prison.

The couple plans to hold a second, firmly earthbound wedding in a church in Russia when Malenchenko returns to Earth in October, and then spend their honeymoon in Australia.

nuune   

they are going too far,can't he get marry after his mission,all they want is some publicity and attention,so that their names would be put to the reecord books,i don't see any difference whether the cerommony occured in earth or in space.

hilal   

Originally posted by jabarti:

Sheeko Soomaali ayaa waxay leedahay, dhurwaa ay gaajo ku cagaaratay ayaa wuxuu arkay daanyeer siisocda oo daba guduudan, markaas ayaa wuxuu yidhi "Ragna hilib ayay la yihiin ragna dabaday ku war-warteen"

My point is that, there are some people here on earth who can't find a right person to marry, where as some others are marrying on space. what a different world.

Jabarti

Couple Says "I Do" In First Ever Space Marriage

The bride poses with a cardboard cutout of her husband

WASHINGTON, August 11 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - The bride, in a sleeveless white gown, had her feet firmly planted on the ground. The groom, in a blue flight suit with black bowtie, was almost over the moon.

When a judge pronounced them man and wife they blew each other kisses across the ether, in a ceremony being touted as the first wedding to be celebrated between Planet Earth and space, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported Monday, 11 August.

The groom, Russian cosmonaut Yury Malenchenko, was aboard the orbiting International Space Station, hurtling some 400 kilometers (240 miles) above New Zealand, during the ceremony Sunday afternoon, August 10.

His bride, 27-year-old Yekaterina Dmitriyeva, was in an auditorium at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas that had been decorated to look like a wedding chapel.

"My favorite moment was when the judge read the poem and when I got to read my poem to Yuri and just feeling the whole moment of it," the radiant brunette with gold star glitter in her hair told reporters at her wedding reception at a nearby restaurant.

"It was so cool. It was just straight to the heart. I almost wept," she said. "As Yuri is the furthest away, we are the closest because of the communication that we have," she said.

While guests enjoyed smoked salmon and borscht, she posed for pictures with a life-sized cardboard cutout of her new husband.

"It was a celestial, soulful connection that we have," she added.

Malenchenko and his best man, U.S. astronaut Edward Lu, participated via video, appearing on a huge screen in front of the wedding party and some 200 invited guests.

Lu played a wedding march on a keyboard he brought to the space station as Dmitriyeva marched down the aisle on the arm of a family friend standing in for the Russian cosmonaut.

The two space compatriots had also arranged to have a wedding ring and tailcoat delivered on a supply vessel to the ISS, where they are on a six-month tour.

Malenchenko, 41, proposed to Dmitriyeva in December before blasting off for the ISS in April. The two decided they couldn't wait for his October return to tie the knot.

Texas law allows a marriage to be celebrated when one of the parties is absent for valid reasons - usually because they are in the military or in prison.

The couple plans to hold a second, firmly earthbound wedding in a church in Russia when Malenchenko returns to Earth in October, and then spend their honeymoon in Australia.

Changed   

i wonder how they spent their honey moon.the man on the moon and the women all alone :eek: :eek: .marriage is about being togheter.....they did for publicity like nuune said