Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hirsi

Social Debate: Why don't we go back to Somalia?

Ladies and Gentlemen

Actually I’m a new member in this forum, and I want to start writing by this topic, which it contains my question to all the Somalis in the world

Why don’t we come back to Somalia?

First of all I’m a Somali teenager exactly from the north, which is called by (Somaliland) I’m really proud of the northern leaders because they thought in really good way to make their own country to give their people a kind of stability, at least they didn’t do as the southern leaders are doing till now. But in the same time I’m not with the division of Somalia, so I hope the north unite with south after fixing the south problems because (Union is Power).

Anyway let’s come to the question, always I’m asking myself why don’t the people of Somalia come back again, this is the which I kept on asking my Somalis friends and I got three main reasons

Firstly the leaders of war and their illegally militias:

Of course we all know everything about those criminals I mean those leaders no need to mention their names over here, they are the causation of today’s Somalia, and if we can kick them out everything will be alright, and about their militias they will throw their weapons immediately if they found a job which can feed themselves and their families.

Secondly the economics problems:

And the solutions of those problems depends on us the Somalis the people of this country, and believe me no body is going to help us unless we help ourselves first and that is completely hard because some of the Somalis are not having the devotion to Somalia because their devotion is already with their tribes, in this way we will not get a little develop, I didn’t say they are wrong but if they love their tribes they must love their country more and more, and the expatriates should come back to refresh the economics again

Finally the government and the army:

Now we are having government and army but they need to the Somalis, and about the democracy we are having many of the political parties, which are inside and outside the country, and they need the stability to exerting their activities.

Regards

Mr. Hirsi

25/7/2003

[ September 02, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

koonfur   

Why don't we go back to Somalia?

Well, There is no real government in Somalia. The country is in disaray. You are talking about going back and but there thousands of somalis comming out from the country to overseas. Do I think that's a good think for the country offcourse not but hey, people want a better life just like you do. We live a temporary life here and I believe once there is a government in Somalia, everybody will go back.

smile.gif Pray for peace people

Xafsa   

Once theres a government? And who is going to start this government when all the educated people are over in the west building up that economy? Do you expect the war lords and gun gangsters left in somalia are going to drop their guns and start re building somalia?

The future of somali rest's with us...every step you take while in the west should be steps that are preparing you to help your country in some way shape or form...haddii kale walaahi haddaan iska fadhino waiting for some government to Miraculously appear...wax hagaagi doona malahan.

Peace and luv

flying ...sis. i totally agree with you,

we cannot wait for some one else to build a governemnt, that later we will say we are not happy with,,,it is better that we take our country seriously,

we are the future of somalia, and if at the moment it is being ruled by racist eeediots then we shouldnt submit to them, but over throw them, and rule the country our way...

im a dreamer, but at least its a possitive dream, and i still got hope on this issue.

and yeah,,,InshaAllah this north/south divide is temporary.

Salaam alaiakum...

O.k What a Good Question!

well maybe i personally would never want to see somalia even though i went back to somalia and, it was My Fisrt and i'm KInda hoping it was my last.

why?

i'm not a BIG fan of Guns and rap!

i also don't like seeing my own ppl being Slaughtered...............

somalians are not the most friendliest people,,,,,,,, Bismillah they might eat me alibe and Cook my for Dinner!!

They areYaHuu and i don't care who knows it yes im a somalian maybe some somalians will say But ur not full and even if u were ur not well excuses excuses Excuses.!!!!!!!!!

Somalians Can't Unite by the way.... well i reckon at least the northern ppl are doinf something right even though they might be more of a typical somali than the south..

i think i speak for almost everyone from the villege i went to when i went back to somalia may i add it's in the south...

Stuff somalia! and somalians! let them Destroy each other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They are Hungery for Blood!

Allah Hafiz!

Salaam alaiakum...

O.k What a Good Question!

well maybe i personally would never want to see somalia even though i went back to somalia and, it was My Fisrt and i'm KInda hoping it was my last.

why?

i'm not a BIG fan of Guns and rap!

i also don't like seeing my own ppl being Slaughtered...............

somalians are not the most friendliest people,,,,,,,, Bismillah they might eat me alibe and Cook my for Dinner!!

They areYaHuu and i don't care who knows it yes im a somalian maybe some somalians will say But ur not full and even if u were ur not well excuses excuses Excuses.!!!!!!!!!

Somalians Can't Unite by the way.... well i reckon at least the northern ppl are doinf something right even though they might be more of a typical somali than the south..

i think i speak for almost everyone from the villege i went to when i went back to somalia may i add it's in the south...

Stuff somalia! and somalians! let them Destroy each other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They are Hungery for Blood!

Allah Hafiz!

Nageye   

Okay think about this: All "educated" Somalis from all over the world are going back. What then? Will they grap a shovel and start digging holes for building a canalisation?

What Somalia needs is financal and logistic HELP from some other so called "brother-coutrys". Just like the US did it with Germany after the Second World War.

Maybe someone really trustable should found a fund for Somlia. If noone does till i finish my studies,I will do it.

Peace.

Liqaye   

I WILL go back to somalia of that i have no doubt.

As for all these psuedo-somalis who insist that they will not go back to somalia unless they are availed of toshiba television and cd-roms recorded to 160 revolutions a minute, and packaged meat with packaged hormones, well these people will always have one excuse or another to avoid somalia, the most hypocritical will kill you with their nostalgia and their "invovlement" in the politics back home, whilst others will admit to you that this valley, rut that they live in paperd with welfare checks is all they ever really wanted.

to the brother who started the topic, things maybe difficult but surmounting those difficulties in the rejuvenation of our society will be all we should act towards , all in our seperate ways as we see fit , but act towards it we must.!

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Nageye:

Okay think about this: All "educated" Somalis from all over the world are going back. What then? Will they grap a shovel and start digging holes for building a canalisation?

What Somalia needs is financal and logistic HELP from some other so called "brother-coutrys". Just like the US did it with Germany after the Second World War.

Maybe someone really trustable should found a fund for Somlia. If noone does till i finish my studies,I will do it.

Peace.

I guess it seems more logical to you for us to sit and wait for someone else to re-build somalia? Some brother country? And which country would that be?

The truth is if we don't want to help our country then why would anyone else...I agree that it will take alot of hard work but all good things come from hardwork.

Hey Guys

I Think There Is No Use Of Talking In The Board

I Need To Talk To Each One Personally And That Will Be very Helpful So Waiting For You On My Msn Messenger Account

emadhirsi@hotmail.com

Again I'm saying (We Must Come back To Somalia Again) The Are No Excuses

Salam

^^^^^ looooooooooooooooooooool

some one is looking for msn friends,,,,waryaa is your list that empty.....

lol(joke) well u know real well, ruun baa lagu kaftamaa (hope u get me)

i think that although i would love for somalia to be rebuilt, and although i dream/fantasis about returning.....and though i know some day i must return,,,

i think that i will put it off for as lonf as possible,,,simply because (and you people may not understand but its how i truelly feel, so no bashing plz)

i was last there when i was 3, and fear going back because:

1-im scared of seeing my real family (mother,brothers and sisters) i guess i have been away so long, and not had any contact with them, that i dont feel the connection,,and whats unknown is feared (by most)

2- im going to delay returning, till im(financially stable) rich enough to support myself, and all my families.

3-i have a great fear of snakes, more than any other animal, (lions, camels, cows, cockroaches, mice, are amongest the many other animals that i fear, and would probably have to encounter when i get to somali) imma have to work on these fear.

4-i left london for 3 weeks, went to holland, and felt home sick,,,,imma have to slowly work on me cutting away from UK, i mean, i have to soften the withdrawrel affects.

i dont know....deep inside, InshaAllah i want to see and return to somali...but a part of me feels that i wont.

Liqaye   

sister, rarely is a point given in one post and then backed up by the stream of specious and inane comment in an other.

but urs takes the cake.

snakes kulahaa.

homesick kulahaa.

mr.hersi how can u not help but feel depressed.

I long given up hope for Somalia, and I don't plan to go back there. I have all my families here (aunts, uncles, grandpas and grandmas). If there is anywhere in the world that I wanna be is Meccah, it is such a beautiful and holy place and my dream is to live and die there. Anywayz, you ask why I given up hope? Because I know for a fact that everyone expects someone to build Somalia, and in the end no one will do it. But hey, I could be wrong, and I'd be more then happy that you'd prove me wrong as well. I want our country to be put back together in one piece but after hearing and seeing what is going on down there, I just have no faith. Ah well.

.:peace n luv:.