Sign in to follow this  
B_A_L_L_E_R_Z

Question: Why is the Somali population only 9 million?

U know itz kinda funny, a friend of mine was telling me how there are only 9 million of us on the earth, Yes only 9 million of us lol.

i know its seems kinda funny and also a bit sad that we are only a small minority compared to other races, but i was wanted to ask you guyz why are only 9 million of us when our land is so big.

well me and a friend of mine had some answers and we came u p with several of them they could be the following.

1. b-cuz of the war

2. b-cuz somalia is a 3rd world country

3. somali women dont give up the oochie too easily

.lol

4. qaad messin up the productivity of the somali male..lol..

so guyz let me know why there are only 9 million of us on earth

also here is where i got my sources

SOMALIAN POPULATION

[ September 02, 2003, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

well i don't agree there are only 9-million somalis on the planet. i think its about 15-million including those in the occuppied somali territorries in kenya and ethiopia. and don't beleave all this statistics from the west. it coul be even more. i looked into this and found out the number varies from 7-15 million depending the source you are looking for.

know its seems kinda funny and also a bit sad that we are only a small minority compared to other races, but i was wanted to ask you guyz why are only 9 million of us when our land is so big.

there are so many races on earth who have less population than somalis. some even became extinct my friend. so we are doing good man...

Gabbal   

As Somalis, we make up one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa. I believe, if i have this correctly, we are in the top ten.

As you know Somalia is almost exclusively populated by ethnic Somalis so it depends on our population. other countries are comprised of several different ethnic groups.

If i have this correctly too, after Liberia, we have the highest birthrate of any African nation, and we are in the top ten in the world. Our population is set to triple in the next 50 years, while China's set to go down.

So could be the war, starvation, disease, etc. ;)

It, however, has nothing to do with our sexual activities. ;)

AYOUB   

Hornafrique

As you know Somalia is almost exclusively populated by ethnic Somalis.....

No i didn't know that, who would you consider as not an ethnic Somali and percentage of the population do they make up?

WE MORE THAN SAND ON THE SEA SHORE, WE MORE THAN NUMBERS YEAH YEAH! - BOB MARLEY

nuune   

SOMALIS are more than 9 million,that is a fact,when u read some books they say somalis are only 6 million,some others say only 7 or 8 ,so trullty speaking,it is about 20 million al together,altogether i said!!

Haashim   

Nuune, you're so funny, but the bitter reality is that we're around 10 million people, however as Horn Afrique say we're one the highest birth rate nations of the world, so Nuune don't worry those who born in the rich countries who may survive above 5 yrs old will increase our population. ;)

Haashim   

Nuune by the way, if u don't have any signatures other than kabajaa and kow laba saddex ... i got one for you, it's from Musa as well, do you like it i will post u, :cool:

No offence :rolleyes:

nuune   

lol@muraad,waa iga qoslisiissay waraa,muuse,i like when he talks,i don't know it was last week he was saying unukaa awwooda leh,technikaal aa leenahay,waxiin diidno awoodeena waaye,waxiin yeelno unuka waaye,shirkaan awoodeeda la'aanteed ma soconaayo,this guy is very funny,wuxuu kaloo yiri: awooda sooomaliya maantay ka jirta anaa iska leh,by the way send me that signature,if it is good,i will have it,othewise i will stick to kow,laba saddex afaraad,shanaad lol

waryaa i know somalis are about 10 million,i didn't included those who were born in rich countries,u know i hate to read some books which said somalis are 6 7 or 5 million,that makes me crazy and that is why i said 20 million which is a fact lol,macsalaamo

Rahima   

While on a bus, a friend of mine was approached by a white middle aged man. After exchanges of pleasantries, he asked exactly how many Somalis there were in the world. I believe she gave him a figure of around 13 million- and at that she told him she was probably stretching it a bit. The man was in shock, he couldn't believe it. His exact words were "but you people are everywhere"- he was a man of many travels and in almost every major city he had been to there were Somalis.

Even in Melbourne, although at the most there are only 10,000 Somalis, people always guess where we are from before we tell them.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with our loud mouth behaviour! ;)

I think we are about 20 million in this world. This is due to the fact, we breed alot for example i have 7 brothers, and 1 sister. I am guessing there are alot more who have very large families with 5 or more brothers/sisters.

wether we are 9, 15, 20, 8 , or 13,,,million.

they 4got to count me,,,,infact , my freind was saying the other day that i could pass for every race on earth,

morocan, algerian, mix-raced, asian, spanish,araab, eretrian, eygptian, white with a dark tan,,,

damn...i know there are alot of somali girls/boys that are this caano shaah colour,,,,i think they 4got to count us all.

Gabbal   

indirect flattery to u'rself huh? ;) ^^^^^^^^^^

By god not even shy about it! :D

just playing with you silent-sistah

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

runtii soomalidu lama garan karo inta ay yihiin, no one really knows how many we are, just to give you an example, in Mn there must be atleast 50+ thousands somalis, and if you look the census result that was taken back in 2000, you only see there are 25,000 somalis live in Mn, and you know why, we undercount ourself all the time, for some reason either for lack of knowledge or in this case in Mn maybe it related to Legal issues. So yes i do agree brother Nin-yaaban Somali roughly are about 20million of us.

c/slaam