Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

My fear for my people

Samafal   

There is no time or age set for some one to learn becouse it is always an obligation for humanbeings to learn before believing. Quran'' faclam anahu laailaaha ilalaahu wastaqfir lidhinuubika'' O' learn that there is no god except Allah and then ask forgiveness for your sins''. From this verse we can understand from it that Allah did not ask us to accept him blindly but after learning that him alone is worth to worship. What I am trying to say is when we were in our homeland there were no disbelievers namely gaalo hence the need to be your own scholar was less important than now because there were scholars who we ask whatever we had problem with and the fact that there were no interaction with non-believers.

Since the civil war broke out in our homeland we became migrating nation from place to place and we became neighbours, colleagues, friends to non-believers in our hosting nations mainly in the western world. Well this is not bad if looked from the economical perspective but are we not losing out in the most valuable thing we have which is to have born as Muslims? Many of us did not choose to be Muslims, we saw ourselves bearing names like Mohamed, Ali, etc but do we really know why should we be Muslims? And is this religion we found ourselves in the most righteous one and how do we know that?

These are many questions facing our society in the foreign land today and many of us do not have answers for these questions simply because we don’t know. We have never understood the Quran because we don’t understand Arabic and we are never willing to learn it because we are too lazy and don’t even mention about Hadiths!! Ok here we go. we are Muslims! Fellow students ask us about Islam , Friends ask us about Islam, neighbours ask us about Islam, and you can add the list.... We have no answers for them ...we haven’t learned about it...then comes the killer they betray us and tell us what you believing is nonsense even though they have no firm knowledge about it and they tell us this from their perception within their western society.

Not long time ago i met this Somali girl through one of my friends whom she was distant relative to him. She's been in this country for just 3 years and within this three years she befriended with non believer and she, this poor girl knowing little or none about Islam he asked her so many questions she could not bear answering and now she started urging about some of the fundamental aspects of Islam. Allah Akbar.

Having witnessed that and having heard similar stories from other sources I am beginning to fear for my people. And my fear for them is ignorance. May be we might not see ourselves ignorant as such as long as we have BSC, BH, MSC and PhDs, But believe me there is no ignorance which is far more shameful and bigger than being ignorant about the Deen, Islam.

Brothers and sisters let us learn about our Islam as we learn other subjects which are only beneficial in this world but our religion is what is gona go with us in the grave and will help us in the day of judgment. May Allah forgive our sins and show us his true path. Ameen

assalamu allaikum

I couldnt agree with more, there is several places in the Qur'an Allah asks, do you think that you will not be tested. why am i saying this. well this is our major test, we have been subjected to a great misfortune, due to our own shortcomings. But victory lies with Allah, so we Must do everything we r instructed, if we want to gain honor, happyness and eternal bliss. Sure is important to get ur degrees and stack up on money, but the question you should be asking for in the first place is, for why am doing this? and for who am i doin it for? if the answers are not For Islam and for Allah. Then we got problems

wasalam

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

YACQUUB maasha'allaah and jazaakallaah kheyr for posting such a meaningful and important post.

This is an extremely serious topic:

Yes! I'll admit I am one of those lazy ones that don't study the deen as much as they should, but one thing I know DEEP DOWN IN MY HEART is that ISLAM is the best religion and nothing and no one could ever sway me elsewhere.

I have lost friends to other paths and pray for their enlightenment, because I do believe they are lost but I leave that judgement to Allah SWT.

I do suggest that everyone picks up a routine habbit to better themselves for instance, no matter what I never miss Friday Prayer's Khutba it's informative and it's an Imaan booster to see all Muslims come together for 1 soul purpose, to worship Allah SWT.

One thing we mostly loss touch of is regular prayer: once we establish that Allah will guide us through the rest.

Wa billaahi Tawfiiq!

PEACE!!!

Dooms day is lurking around the corner so every individual needs to go back to mosques and pray and stop committing frivolous sins. As time passes so fast the machenism of testing that God has revealed in the Quran is evolving one by one. So one needs to back and hit the Quran with much effort as he can.

Otherwise YOU ARE LOST FOREVER. :D

TOMMOROW NEVER COMES

I know yacquub i now days see and here somalis are doing everything, really to be honest to the point where u cant distingusih somali ppl with gaalod. Going clubbing taking drugs, talking frivourously with girls (forgive the spelling) sleeping around dressing like westerns everything u name it. I must have read another topic somewhere else on here about how where are the 'fastest assimilating' ppl, i couldnt agree more.

We need to somewhere get our culture back and embedded in our youngest because, allahamdulilah, fore the most parts our culutre is intergrated almost entirley with our deen.

Brother Yacquub,

may ALLAH reward you for this great topic.

i have the same fear for my people too and it really scares the guts out of any Somali person.

all i can do is pray for them and ask ALLAH to guide them all through the right path and that includes us, me and you. AAMIIN.

Samafal   

Tamina, *****aikuma Salaam, and thanks for welcoming me back although i was thinking you is the one missing.

Shaka Zulu, Ameen bro. may Allah guide us and show us his true path.

Blessed   

Originally posted by YACQUUB:

Having witnessed that and having heard similar stories from other sources I am beginning to fear for my people. And my fear for them is ignorance. May be we might not see ourselves ignorant as such as long as we have BSC, BH, MSC and PhDs, But believe me there is no ignorance which is far more shameful and bigger than being ignorant about the Deen, Islam.

I agree 110% bro. What really sadens me is the emphasis we place on culture and how we barely consider our deen.

Brothers and sisters let us learn about our Islam as we learn other subjects which are only beneficial in this world but our religion is what is gona go with us in the grave and will help us in the day of judgment. May Allah forgive our sins and show us his true path. Ameen

ouldn't agree more walaal, In Sha Allah and Ameen.

Nice to see you posting again btw smile.gif

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

YACQUUB you posted a great topic. For the past 5 years I have been here, I have seen somalis turn from being muxajabas to tight jeans and no hijab. my heart really goes out for those who had been brainwashed by the western lifestyle. Only if they know those imitate nonmuslims becomes one of them. I pray for them to be guided, inshallah one day this ummah will realize the mistake they are making and repent.