Sign in to follow this  
Pig

Pictures: Somalis in Chicago as early as 1915

Haashim   

during that period there were fights between sayid Maxamed Cabdulle Xassan and other somali clans on one hand, and between him and the British colonialism on the other hand, therefore these somalis may fled from these fights.

Xalimo7   

WOW, amazing, somalis in USA 1915th yes i would like to know more about this, are there relatives or descendents of these ppl still around, and yes what on earth where they doing in USA at that horrible time. So many questions to ask.

see you , am around dude

Well Somalis have always travelled haven't they? 1915 is fairly recent actually. They have been travelling all over the world for centuries...whether for trade or whatnot. If your plane crashes at Antartica...u'll probably find fellow Somalis there, iyaga oo dhaqanay reindeer, snow buffalos or something similar. :rolleyes:

WELL,I HAVE SOME DOUBT IF THESE PEOPLE ARE SOMALIS AT ALL,#1 PEOPLE IN THE PICTURES DO NOT HAVE SOMALI FEATURAL CHARACTRISTICS # 2 IF U READ THE WORD POSTED ON THE PICS, IT SAYS SAMORIAN IN CRARK STATION. SAMORIAN WHO WELL BE THE PEOPLE OF PACIFIC ISLANDS OF SAMOA, WHICH PART OF IT IS AN AMERICAN TERRATORY.

DONT GET ME WRONG,SOMALIS CAME TO US EASTERS SHORES AS EARLY AS BEGINING OF THE 20'S CENTURY AS A SEA-MANS.

you know zakaria i had that same skeptism when i frst saw this pictures and read the little written bit on the site. i first thought that someone made a spelling mistake but when i looked at the people i was a bit reluctant to think they were somali's. i mean they look more central african. maybe xabashi's claiming to be somali's?? i dont i just dont think they are somali's.

boycott   

1915 was the italian reign I dont think they went to chicago for a cultural exchange..

actually i'wouldn't say they are not somalis cos their dress code and hair style is related to the one in that era..

salam

i doubt it these people arent somalis for all we know they could be chadians, Erithreans, did u guys know about Seyshells? lil island near africa they have the same physical complexion characteristics as somalis for that matter people from comores too, well u know where am gettin at, plus i look at the pic and they look notthin like me "somali"

"hypocrisy is the only evil that walks alone except to god alone"

Dhimbil   

Somalis in shatown around 1915?...wow, but its very possible...they don't call us nomads for no reason lol...seriously though i think they are somali.

Macalin   

Waraada filinkaas naga dhaafa them not soms!

Koley they have the attire lol

Funny thing my Grand Pops was in BURMA in 1900 was part of the royal afrikan rifles!-his # was 'Ayt nayn fay fay'(8955~-lol-thas how he says it)

shatown and Malis-yo al-capone coudave used em niggas-huh?- we need reparations-lol

Modesty   

I can't believe that those people are Somalis. For one, this could be a cut 'N' PASTE thing. Secondly, they wouldn't be sitting comfortably around white slave owners like that. I think possibily they could've been Muslim Senegalese,who were brought to the U.S.A as slaves.But No, those people can't be Somalis...Plus why would anyone want to flee our beautiful country with all our goats,and camels in 1915 to come to a cold place like Chicago!

I'm not buying this! :cool:

!!!"A/ALEYKUM"To'all"!!!

THIS's wonderfull pictures i'm so suprize thought is this really or is our other brother's like senegal's or else where man how's possible that can be Somal's any thing is possible but Who know's only god know whether's is reall our pple or some other ppl have our charracticz"

"MR~OR MS" NomaD'e who POst this topic"

WOuld~Give~US~MOre~Detail of those pic's"?

&

Where~DId~U get~this~ Amazing picture's ?

:cool: !!!"Pleaze,REspond at me~back"!!! :cool:

!!!"A/ALEYKUM"To'all"!!!

THIS's wonderfull pictures i'm so suprize thought is this really or is our other brother's like senegal's or else where man how's possible that can be Somal's any thing is possible but Who know's only god know whether's is reall our pple or some other ppl who have got our charracticz"

"MR~OR MS" NomaD'e who POst this topic"

WOuld~Give~US~MOre~Detail of those pic's"?

&

Where~DId~U get~this~ Amazing picture's ?

:cool: !!!"Pleaze,REspond at me~back"!!! : :cool: