Sign in to follow this  
mojam

Social Debate: Blacks don't read, they are still our slaves!

Honesita   

It most difinitely does not apply to Somalis...!!

Somalis have been in America not more than 12 years....and to be honest, we r almost doing better economically than African Americans who have been here for hundreds of years...!! Yes, we might abuse the welfare and low income housing systems....but we do that for a limited time....until we get something better...and we move on.....Afro-Amer. on the other hand abuse the system for looooong years...and they still cant move forward....!!! U will see Somalis getting welfare, living in a low income house, and not working...but instead, going to school fulltime.....saving money....and supporting their immediate family members...!! To me, thats the best community support...when u take full responsbility of ur family here and back home...!! We might have lost generations....but its few compared to the good ones who r trying to make a difference....here and back home..!!!

Let's not dream of having a good status in America.....cuz this is NOT home.....we have a home...this is home temporarily....!!! Take advantage of the opportunities...abuse it if u want....but never dream of staying here forever...because then, we'll be lower than the lowest class.....!!! After 400 years, the African Americans r still being discriminated against....and like the article above said, r being slaved mentally, after they were freed physically.....!! I dont know about u guys, but i dont see us somalis (except for few) ending that way...!!!

Opinionated....yes u might be around many educated african americans...but they r few compared to their population...!!! Yes White pple have un-educated, terribly poor ones....but the educated ones out number the unedacated...!! That is not the case with Afro-Amer....its the oppisite...!!! No need to be disturbed bro....the above article stated the truth about African Americans today...it might be racist...but hey...its honest..!! This black woman once told me she was ashamed that her kids at home r NOT allowed to watch the only Black tv station....BET....because....Go Figure...!!

Salaamz

Siman   

..Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance.

When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of the goal. ...

..They steadfastly refuse to see that "TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)! They do not understand that they are no better than each other......

WHO YOU THINK THAT APPLIES TO??

SOMALIS, am I right?

Honesita,

Walalo U misunderstood me. I meant Somalis in general not neccesary those in the US.

These are some of the reasons we are homeless for 13years.

Originally posted by Siman:

it perfectly applies to SOMALIS not African Americans!

WHO YOU THINK THAT APPLIES TO??

SOMALIS, am I right?

i couldn't agree you more.

to be perfectly honest with you, if Somali folks were not selfish,greedy and dishonest don't you think Somalia would've had a Goverment by now.

why are we still killing each other?

why are we still deceiving each other?

why are we still running all over the place?

for me this letter perfectly applies to us yeah SOMALI PPL.

Ariadne   

Yes, lets all point accusing fingers at those greedy, selfish and dishonest Somalis...we ought to be ashamed! Lets take on a new identity...

Hmmm... Sumoan sounds close enough to Somali...

from now on that's what we all are.

What I'm trying to say is Greed, Ignorance and Selfishness are faults that are shared by a good deal of humans. Every civilization goes through it's dark times. The dark ages/medeival times in Europe was proceeded by The rennaisance. The rebirth of everything for the better, look at Europe now . It's always darkest before the Dawn so quit your crying and shameless accusations of Somali this and Somali that.

Its enough we can all talk about our faults and pretend were above them, but has anybody talked about achievments or any goals worth achieving.

Changed   

:eek: :eek: :eek:

and :mad: :mad: :mad:

at all those that compared that freaking article to somalis .........that the hell people ...get a grib .......bisinka :rolleyes:

i think the letter is more of a social critic at how af.amricans are living and what ideologies are being held (ideologies that are shown in black pop culture, think of state of hip hop today) than a speech to belittle af.american opinions. not all blacks fit into this category, but unfortunately a large majority do and the middle class blacks who havent had to struggle as much are too ashamed to admit a problem in black commuties. if this letter were written by a white person, or even by a person of color who was not supportive of the black struggle than id agree it is racist, but i think if you read closely youll find glimpses of sincerity rarely found in racist rhetoric. to the girl who said that somalis are better off than af. americans in america, i have to agree w/ you but its only because somalis are immigrants and the gov. doesnt feel guilty towards you, and hasnt been running a campaign against yr "people" since the 19thcentury... think about it for a little.

RONDA   

Hi,

I believe lot of the information on "blacks dont read" is true but not on reading curtainly not Africans, eg, Negerians, Senegalese not to mention Kenyans and Ugandans.this is based on total percentage of a millions of a people single

country population.

I also I beleve our young Somali children in North America are "about a sneaker" than correct or proper Vocabulary be it Somali or English (not that I speak Somali ) but am Sujuii. Which is no exuse . Please smile dont laugh!

I also beleive this article was writen by a Black person!It is a very racist and judjedmental note (if writen by awhite person) and could be traced by African Americans to the root !!! Email is not a souce for blacks to pay an astronout to go to space to bring the muscus or silva specimen from the mouth of a specific alien, to be performed on DNA testing for the culprit of a so racist Email, known!

Black but Reads.

HR

Waaq   

I really can't believe this "letter" is being discussed. It is nothing but a useless generalization. Most of the people in this country are ignorant (black, white, blue, brown or purple). This shit was probably written by the radio station.

Sophist   

loooooooool, i laughed so much when i have read this. Only a clever black dude could have written this insidiously remarkable letter; i am sure it gives the general picture of humanity in the west and particularly the worst of- the blacks.

huraaaay to whoever wrote this parody.

Suumali   

salam

it should be obvious that the letter, brutal yet concise and to the point not written by a white man, rather a fed-up african american. the main point explicated is beyond doubt. african americans (i'm being general here and should refer to all blacks, us included as whites are indiscriminate in judging colour) are as a peeople, economically powerful and do indeed influence material fashion, but that is the extent of their influence. 33 million economically powerful people, though they're politically inept, and are thus manipulated by white conglomorates to do their bidding. example nike - to anyone with even a remore semblence of intellect, the 'letter' is true.

p.s whats with this "nomad" business?