Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

On Friendships: Reflect!

Zaylici   

Stranger once asked me if I have any ideas about freinship in its ideal form, I was astonished by the fact tha I have never given a thought to this subject before, I informed the stranger that my knowledge on the subject is limited, however, afterwards I gave somethought to the subject, thus if you want to know my thoughts on the subject see next article

Zaylici   

However, strange it my sound freindship for me is union that two equal people participate for their mutual benifit. Thus two people who are unequal either in physical or intellectual sense cannnot sustain an everlasting freindship, beauty both in the physical sense and in the philosophical sense so to speak, beauty in its veriety of forms is prequisite for the formation of semiperfect union, thus two people could become freinds only if they are aqual or they feel that they are equal in some crurial sense such as beauty of mind and beauty of the physical body. To be sure this is uncommon position to take, but long meditation on the subject and experience convinced me that freindship that lacks physical or intellectual bases does not last longer, moreever, it is waste of time to engage in union that is unproductive, humans though they are sociopolitcal animals who yearn for sociopolitcal union, neverthless they particapate in the social intercourses on the basis of predetermied calculations that are predominantly unconcious to use the language of pschoanalysis, thus the phinominon of freindhsip is not an accidnetal phinominon it is rather a product of invironment-genitic calculations that has profound roots in the evolution of species to use the language of the orgins of the spcies. it should be mentioned here in passing that tendencies to engage in profound philasophical analysis of given subject is an expression of genetic potetnial that has been actualised as result of some historical accidents, it is an accidetn that you are in Londen or Somalia, you may as well have been born in Ghana or Peru so to speak, the actualisation or rather the full expression of your biological disposition is contigent on prevailing forces and conditions, therefore, freindship has to be cultivated only when there is the right conditions other wise as the weak humans you will learn nothing from your experience by repeating the same old story just to gain momentery relief of psychological nature, or tension release, some people propesnsity towards anxiety or depression, so they look for to experienc anxiety,so they always say the world is bad, things are bad, the badness originates from their subjective mind, not from the objective world, which is gaint rational entity, be realistic open your eyes and learn from your experience.

the above is written to confuse fool!!!

Sophist   

Interestingly cynical view of friendship; one that I with great effort from my disparaging trait concur with. Thought my healthy being could refute it effortlessly.

Zaylici, i like the signature, resembles greatly my objective treaise on the falshood of eros love.

Sophist,

i think you should have a weekly commentary reflection on stuff! i sure would like to read what you observe...interesting! you should title it A LETTER FROM SOPHIST...and i think the guys at SOL should compensate your time too! or you should just take it as a PUBLIC SERVICE..

Its not easy to cultivate real friendships these days as everyone has aready smile and adouble edged dagger that comes with it. You would be suprised how much talk goes on when you meet people especially our folks. For any friendship to grow one has to take the bad with the good before realising what that individual has to offer or takes.

All I can repeat is this "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow grow, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."

G.Washington

Fraternity (Friendship)

The word "fraternity" or "friendship" names one of the three major forms of love. All the forms of love involve benevolent impulses toward another, none is an expression of purely selfish desire.

Friendship or fraternity is natural, not supernatural, love, as is charity or the love of Allah. It is also a form of love that involves no erotic or sexual component. It is the love that a human being wills to another. The person loved is also a person in whose company one wishes to live and upon whom to confer benefits; in any way possible.

If all men and women were friends, there would be no need for justice. The precepts of friendly love are all positive, and the precepts of justice are mainly negative. Prohibiting injury to others.

Sophist   

Socrates, i would oblige though i doubt many would find these thoughts agreable.

Shaqsi, my fellow i hear your thoroughly.