Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Dream Jobs: Its all in the eye of the beholder...

Salaams,

Is it me or the state of western countries regardless of how hard you work you aint going anywhere?

I mean you slave for years of your working life, getting up early everyday for lowzy money and no promotions, no job satisfaction like a cog in a machine.

If any one has any experiences to share about work and how they managed to get the type of jobs they dreamed for please share with us.

What is your dream job and you actually think there is reasonable chance of securing it and what is your future action plans?

I eagerly look forward to read intellectual viewpoints of the brothers and sisters.

Peace...

Mujahid Over and Out !

Modesty   

Asalaamu ALaykum:

Wow! I think about the future, but for me I don't make it the focus of attention, and focus as much as I can on the present. Well I have some plans, but my main objective is to work hard and kick some ass!!!!!!

Coloow   

Mujahid,

Irrespective of the kind of work you do, we are born to slave. The conventional wisdom is perhaps that only manual labourers slave. but that is not the case. Even those who have a white collar job are slaves! I have been giving some thoughts on my mission on earth and came to the conclusion that I slave my fingers into using the keyboard and slave my brain into thinking.

Even if you run your own business you are bound to slave.

So, bro there is no way out of slavery...but death is an emancipation!

The old saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder is somewhat redundant in this case because there is no beauty in slaving!

Mujahid i do believe my dream job is in my eyes and allah's as well and of course you're going to have some bricks stand in your way but if you're determination and presistance is there ...trust you'll get somewhere...am not saying i have my dream job ..matter fact am far from it..but i did come close to it..and when reality hit that i may be doing this for the rest of my life then eh i got a check and dip out of it...but inshallah with due time..if i do want to do the procedure i'll make sure other people's destriction doesnt have effect on me.

1 ... 2... ciao

captivating girl

well said ,,,,u stole my words!

it is all about determination, and persistance!

and pray to Allah,,,of course,,,somethings Allah does not plan for you.

do salaat, pray 2 rakaats ISTIKHAARA, and InshaAllah,,if the job you want is khayr for you , Allah will give it 2 u.

if you dont get it ,Allah knows best, and may b that job was not khayr, and Allah has something better in mind for u.

b patient!

and pray to Allah,,,of course,,,somethings Allah does not plan for you

sorry what im tryna say here is ...

if Allah does not plan something for you, you wont get it.

i do not mean, that Allah does not plan for you,

the books have been closed and the ink has dried, Allah knows what the future holds for you.

you make your plans and Allah makes His, and ofcourse His will over-rule yours.

sorry for any confusion ..InshaAllah

salaam

MaLikah   

Ok, I for one dont think dream jobs do exist. I mean hey,that doesn't even exist in HOLLYWOOD. And you know they get paid top dollars doing virtually nothing. Work is something you have to do-and its the start of a very tiring cycle. You pull 9-5 shift 5 days of the week, come home, take care of the family (or yourself), clean the house, pay the bills, get the car oil checked out, take the computer to the repair shop to get it fixed because you need it to type your reports..its quite endless the responsibilities you have once you have money. And thats the aim of our lives-to make more money than we did last year. I think no matter how much money you have, ITS NEVER ENOUGH.

BN   

My dream job would be to become a World Rally Driver or work for an Auto Magazine(C&D, Motoring etc) and be a test driver. ;) Then I would get to drive cars like Nissan Skyline GTR(Godzilla), Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru WRX STI, Peugeot 206 WRC, NSX for a living. :D

gtrr34_01.jpg

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE BARI,

U JUST NAMED THE BEST 3 CARS EVER MADE!

I HAVE BEEN LOOKIN FOR A SKYLINE GT-R FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. THEY DON'T SELL THEM IN THE U.S

SO YOU HAVE PAY TOP DOLLARS FOR THEM(OUUCH).

.....BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC MUJAHIS STARTED, IT'S ALL IN FINDING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO(NOT YOUR PARENTS, OR OTHER PEOPLE PEOPLES IDEAS ON WHAT YOU SHOULD DO). THATS THE KEY TO FINDING A DREAM JOB THAT YOU WOULDN'T MIND GOING TO EVERYDAY....ALSO YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE WAY THIS SYSTEM IS SET UP. THE PEOPLE WHO CONSTRUCTED THIS PLACE AND IT'S SYSTEM WANT YOU TO BELIVE YOU ARE "FREE" WHEN IN ACTUALITY YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN SLAVE.

IT'S JUST MORE MODERN AND HIDDEN THINK "MENTAL SLAVERY". THEY GIVE YOU SO MANY THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT(LOUSY JOBS, BILLS,AND MORE BILLS) THAT YOU HAVE NO TIME FOR YOURSELF. AND IF A HUMAN IS WORRIED MORE ABOUT SURVIVAL AND NECESSARY THINGS LIKE HOW TO PAY FOR THE FOOD AND BILLS. THEN HE HAS NO TIME FOR ANYTHING ELSE, FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO ELEVATE YOURSELF " YOU GOTTA WORK".

THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THIS COUNTRY AND MOST " FIRST WORLD"(I HATE THESE TYPES OF TERMS) GOING ARE PEOPLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC CHAIN. THEY WORK ALL THEIR LIVES, THEY GET TAXED THE MOST, AND AFTER ALL THAT NOT EVEN A SINGLE GESTURE OF GRATITUDE IS MADE FOR THEM. INSTEAD THEY GOT TREATED AS SUB-HUMAN. WELCOME TO THE "FREE WORLD". BUT THEN AGAIN IF THEY STARTED TO TREAT THEM LIKE HUMANS THEY MIGHT RISE UP AGAINST THEM, NOW WHY WOULD THEY DO A FOOLISH THING LIKE THAT.

.......AFTER HEARING ALL THIS MUJAHID YOU MIGHT THINK I'M A BITTER PERSON BUT I'M FAR FROM IT. BECAUSE I KNOW THIS WORLD IS TEMPORERY, THEIR TIME WILL COME IN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. INSTEAD JUST DON'T BELIEVE EVRYTHING THEY TRY TO SELL YOU ABOUT THE WORLD. ESPECIALLY AT THESE COLLEGES JUST

TAKE THAT WORTHLESS DIPLOMA OF THEIRS SO AT LEAST YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WON'T BE AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC LIST. EVERTHING ELSE THEY TEACH IS MORE WAYS TO KEEP YOU A MENTAL SLAVE.DO LIKE I DO IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER .

...I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU A LITTLE I HAVE BEEN WRITIN FOR WAY TO LONG BUT IMMA LEAVE YOU WITH THE WORDS OF WISDOM:

emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but outselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley

BN   

silent-sistah,

I wasn't tryin' to be cute n all but thanx 4 the compliment :D

SOULSEARCHER,

Glad to see another fan on SOL ;) I thougth about importing an R32 GTR but the wonderful world of regulatory bodies, emissions standards, safety (non)compliance and taxes dashed my hopes :( Not to mention the RHD to LHD conversion...although it would be very cool to surprise ppl by exiting out of the right side of the car :D

http://www.motorex.net imports them to the US legally from $18000(R32) to $93000(R34) then an extra $16000-25000 to legalize it. So if you have that kind of money... :cool:

At least they're bringing a (larger)Evo 8 and STi this year ;)

P.S. Have you seen the Infiniti G35 coupe?

maaan :eek: ! lookin at those prices I might as well get a 240sx and do a skyline bodykit and an engine swap. thats waaay to high for me. I didn't see the new infiniti's yet but i have been checking out the WRX sti. it's just as expensive as an r32 but it's new. thanx for da link bari.

N.O.R.F   

nice topic Mujahid!

From a personal view point, i'm about to embark on what i have been working towards for the past 4 years. Work will begin in Sept and i am actually looking forward to it. I did a years placement with the same firm last year and enjoyed it so much that when they offered me a job to come back to i had no hesitation in accepting the offer. So is this really my dream job? Nah, my dream job would be (like all somalis) football or the NBA.

I know i will be a cog in the wheel of society ie taxes, making money for the country but i am happy to accept that in order for me to become reliant on myself, make some money, save, pay off debts etc etc. This all forms part of my future and allhamdulillah i'm in a position to take full advantage. Holding down a good and reliable job to be able to provide for ones family is the ultimate aim to be acheived.

Future plans also include taking my skills back home in 2-3 years!